Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Kinda reminds me of a friend who invited me to a sit-down-and-psyche-out contest fer eatin' halopenos...He put a bowlful between us and a pitcher of beer beside the bowl. We tried to eat as many as possible without flinchin' or sweatin'. The beer was the drink for the loser who caved. I won't tell you who won or lost, but we both howled to the moon the next mornin' when those chilis exited from the opposite end....
    (Mike enters contest, bites one pepper, anounces that he lost, drinks beer)
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Some time ago I made salsa with Habeneros. I used 5 for about a quart of salsa, and let me tell you, with the first taste test from some people I gave it to, all faces immediately turned red. Literally. It was just hilarious. One of these days I'll have to try again. A co-worker grows them so I get them really fresh.

LDB, the Habeneros I get are orange but the Scotch Bonnets I've seen in the past are red and I think some are green. Different shape too. I know one thing, those bonnets are VERY hot!

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Some time ago I made salsa with Habeneros. I used 5 for about a quart of salsa, and let me tell you, with the first taste test from some people I gave it to, all faces immediately turned red. Literally. It was just hilarious. One of these days I'll have to try again. A co-worker grows them so I get them really fresh.

LDB, the Habeneros I get are orange but the Scotch Bonnets I've seen in the past are red and I think some are green. Different shape too. I know one thing, those bonnets are VERY hot!
    From Wiki:

The Scotch bonnet is often compared to the habanero since they are two varieties of the same species but have different pod types. Both the Scotch bonnet and the habanero have the characteristic thin, waxy flesh. They have a similar heat level and flavor. Although both varieties average around the same level of heat, the actual degree of "heat" varies greatly with genetics, growing methods, climate, and plant stress.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habanero

I'm used to Scotch Bonnet.. it's very popular in Jamaica... But up until this discussion I never knew it was related to Habanero...

I knew you were a "Hot Head" and would be by soon Rich. The color & temp. is dependent on when there are picked and how ripe they are when served. I grew a batch a couple years back. Problem here in Canada is that vendors don't know Diddly 'bout peppers and, I think, guess at the type most times.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Suspended
    I love hot, spicy foods L. I had an order of 15 Buffalo wings for lunch a couple of hours ago at a place called Pluckers. I ordered them "wet" with extra "buffalo hot" sause on the side. Too bad my boss was with me else I'd been puttin' down some frosted mugs 'o BEER!

I can get habeneros year-round down here.

My grandad was a "hothead", and I developed a pretty misguided sense of my ability to handle a chili pepper. Another friend (I do have 'em, y'know) invited me to a bash where she turned me onto her Firehouse Five-Alarm Chili...I'm still feelin' that one, whew!

nightflier

Yup. I learned that lesson in college....

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Kinda reminds me of a friend who invited me to a sit-down-and-psyche-out contest fer eatin' halopenos...He put a bowlful between us and a pitcher of beer beside the bowl. We tried to eat as many as possible without flinchin' or sweatin'. The beer was the drink for the loser who caved. I won't tell you who won or lost, but we both howled to the moon the next mornin' when those chilis exited from the opposite end....
    ...whatever goes in hot is going to come out hot. And no amount of alcohol is going to ease the pain in the morning.

As for the habaneros, try rubbing your eye after cutting up a pair. Made that mistake only once.

Suspended
    Uhhh... flyboy, try taking a piss (pardon my french) after cutting up jus one!

nightflier

Ahem,

Uhhh... flyboy, try taking a piss (pardon my french) after cutting up jus one!
    I wouldn't chance to even hold my _______ after handling a jabanero.

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    I wouldn't chance to even hold my _______ after handling a jabanero.

Ah, Guys? What the heck did you do to my thread?!
    Don't you like it on the sly? Don't you like it till it hurts? Have I been on your mind? What's a voice without a song?

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Beats
    Ah, Guys? What the heck did you do to my thread?!
    Trust me Sugar...I speak from experience...the faster you get used to this behavour, the better off you'll be. It's best to just go with the flow.

...Even if the flow is making Rich's eyes water. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Trust me Sugar...I speak from experience...the faster you get used to this behavour, the better off you'll be. It's best to just go with the flow.

...Even if the flow is making Rich's eyes water. LOL!
    You make us sound like a bunch of juvenile....
    Well, we aren't as ..........
    Uhm....
    Skip it!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Huh! She said, "Go with the flow"! Huh huh....

nightflier
    Sorry SB, what was this thread about again?

Ah, shucks! Forget it! (as I stomp off)....

Leave it go a bunch of "guys" to turn a thread about "the power of words" into a discussion of, well, I don't care to repeat all that's been said (as of late).

Thanks FA for the advice. Taken.
    Don't you like it on the sly? Don't you like it till it hurts? Have I been on your mind? What's a voice without a song?

nightflier
    OK, so back to Habaneros?

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    ...whatever goes in hot is going to come out hot. And no amount of alcohol is going to ease the pain in the morning.

As for the habaneros, try rubbing your eye after cutting up a pair. Made that mistake only once.

Made that mistake with a girlfriend once........................and only once..................................and it wasn't her eyes.

BTW, I have a few good recipes for homemade Hot Sauce if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Made that mistake with a girlfriend once........................and only once..................................and it wasn't her eyes.
    You mean, "HOT girlfriend" then, or maybe, "ex-girlfriend"?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    BTW, I have a few good recipes for homemade Hot Sauce if anyone is interested.
    What's that fishy taste?

Well, if you must ask....

I mean, really!
    Last edited by Auricauricle; 03-25-2009 at 08:07 AM.
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    What's that fishy taste?

Must.......................not.................... ...............reply.............................. to ..........................this ...................................post.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information