Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307

    Police depts. from 3 cities

    As I have mentioned before we have a little drug problem in my apartment building. Two weeks ago on a Friday I heard yelling and opened my door to see a young woman pinned to the floor being choked by her boyfriend. This was in the lobby right by my door. I shouted to get off her I was calling the police. He ran out the door and I stayed with the young lady until the police arrived and I gave my statement to what I witnessed. Things seemed quiet until last night. Police from my city and mutual aid from two other near by cities responded. Enough flashing lights for a disco. I guess I need to start wearing headphones to block it all out. I am not sure how many arrests but the place is quiet today and I am enjoying yo-yo Ma and obrigado Brazil.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  2. #2
    Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    down there
    Posts
    6,852

    Good afternoon, JM

    Indianapolis has long been referred to, at least by its residents, as " A big city with a small town mentality". Right. Last week, among other acts of senseless depravity, a twelve year-old shot a young man in the face three times in a gang initiation. The victim was the brother of one of my employees. He was entering college in the fall--drug-free, gang-free, a civilian as it were. This is not an isolated incident.
    I am, however, pleased to say that while "big city" problems (an ineffective educational system, massive unwed and underage parentage, over-crowded jails) encroach onlife in the mid-west our PD also handles things well. Moreover, the Sherrif's D and the Fire Dept. work heavily in areas of charity for the poor. Under the circumstances, I'm surprised they aren't more draconian and less civic-minded. Glad to hear that your public servants are doing just that--serving the public.
    Cheers,
    M
    PS Love the Ma!
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

  3. #3
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    As I have mentioned before we have a little drug problem in my apartment building. Two weeks ago on a Friday I heard yelling and opened my door to see a young woman pinned to the floor being choked by her boyfriend. This was in the lobby right by my door. I shouted to get off her I was calling the police. He ran out the door and I stayed with the young lady until the police arrived and I gave my statement to what I witnessed. Things seemed quiet until last night. Police from my city and mutual aid from two other near by cities responded. Enough flashing lights for a disco. I guess I need to start wearing headphones to block it all out. I am not sure how many arrests but the place is quiet today and I am enjoying yo-yo Ma and obrigado Brazil.
    You're my hero! A lot of people would have just shut their doors and ignored what was happening for fear of retaliation.

  4. #4
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,826
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    You're my hero! A lot of people would have just shut their doors and ignored what was happening for fear of retaliation.
    Helping people like this is a double edged sword. One time I saw a guy beating the crap out of his girlfriend. I stepped up and asked the guy to stop, he cussed at me, and continued to beat her. That is when I physically stepped in and beat the living daylights out of the guy. Then the girl turned on me and began cussing me out. I helped the dude up and told him to continue to beat the **** out of her. He didn't which was good, but I wanted to kick the crap out of the girl myself. She actually liked the fact her boyfriend was beating her up in public. What kind of mentality is that???
    Sir Terrence

    Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

  5. #5
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Helping people like this is a double edged sword. One time I saw a guy beating the crap out of his girlfriend. I stepped up and asked the guy to stop, he cussed at me, and continued to beat her. That is when I physically stepped in and beat the living daylights out of the guy. Then the girl turned on me and began cussing me out. I helped the dude up and told him to continue to beat the **** out of her. He didn't which was good, but I wanted to kick the crap out of the girl myself. She actually liked the fact her boyfriend was beating her up in public. What kind of mentality is that???
    Maybe it turned her on and likes the making up part Some woman are so blind and brainwash by their boyfriend or partner . I speak by experience with my daughters and their partners,it took alot of years for them to wake up and smell the coffee

  6. #6
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    You're my hero! A lot of people would have just shut their doors and ignored what was happening for fear of retaliation.
    This is a tuff call on your statement (my hero).What if this guy had a knife or gun ,where would JM be today.

  7. #7
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    As I have mentioned before we have a little drug problem in my apartment building. Two weeks ago on a Friday I heard yelling and opened my door to see a young woman pinned to the floor being choked by her boyfriend. This was in the lobby right by my door. I shouted to get off her I was calling the police. He ran out the door and I stayed with the young lady until the police arrived and I gave my statement to what I witnessed. Things seemed quiet until last night. Police from my city and mutual aid from two other near by cities responded. Enough flashing lights for a disco. I guess I need to start wearing headphones to block it all out. I am not sure how many arrests but the place is quiet today and I am enjoying yo-yo Ma and obrigado Brazil.
    If I was you I look for a better building to live -in.Dont you live in a condo?

  8. #8
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,826
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Maybe it turned her on and likes the making up part Some woman are so blind and brainwash by their boyfriend or partner . I speak by experience with my daughters and their partners,it took alot of years for them to wake up and smell the coffee
    They both made me so mad I went on a 5 minute tear of cussing them out in spanish (that's what I do when I get angry, I go into a spanish speaking frenzy). Then I told the dude he shouldn't be hitting women, but if his insane girlfriend like that crap, do it behind closed doors where people like me will not mistake his intentions. I told her that my dog has more class and self esteem than she does. How do you let a man beat your assprin in public and embarass her like that. I told her she needs her head checked.
    Sir Terrence

    Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    They both made me so mad I went on a 5 minute tear of cussing them out in spanish (that's what I do when I get angry, I go into a spanish speaking frenzy). Then I told the dude he shouldn't be hitting women, but if his insane girlfriend like that crap, do it behind closed doors where people like me will not mistake his intentions. I told her that my dog has more class and self esteem than she does. How do you let a man beat your assprin in public and embarass her like that. I told her she needs her head checked.

    Sadly people who accept abuse have been abused as children. Profound abuse as a child turns people into abusers or locks them in a passive state. The boyfriend probably destroyed her self esteem before he hit her that first time. She might have been made to feel like she deserves it. Her mind may have twisted to allow her to enjoy it or need it. Abuse can relieve some of guilt feelings.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    This is a tuff call on your statement (my hero).What if this guy had a knife or gun ,where would JM be today.


    I was not too worried. His hands were full of throat. I am a big man at 6ft and 260lbs and he was on the floor on top of her so I probably looked a little intimidating shouting at him. I was in a good position to kick him in the gut to knock his wind out of him if he had not run out. Believe me I am glad he ran because I am not the most experienced at self deffense.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  11. #11
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    This is a tuff call on your statement (my hero).What if this guy had a knife or gun ,where would JM be today.
    That's exactly why he's my hero. A lot of people would turn a blind eye for fear of being the next victim. I hope that if I'm ever in the unfortunate situation of being attacked that there is someone with JM's selfless courage around to help me.

  12. #12
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That's exactly why he's my hero. A lot of people would turn a blind eye for fear of being the next victim. I hope that if I'm ever in the unfortunate situation of being attacked that there is someone with JM's selfless courage around to help me.
    You could count on Grandpa Pat to be there ,move over JM I got my cape and dancing shoes

  13. #13
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Good news/Bad news

    The young lady was evicted Monday. They received permission from the court on Friday to set her out on Monday if she had not moved on her own. This was not her first eviction notice. Things are much quieter and safer and that is the good news.

    Yesterday I received a subpoena to testify against her attacker. I hope all his buddies are not there. I do not think they would want to be that close to a judge with some of their activities. Worried my good might come back to haunt me and that is the bad news.

    Pat.P by the way dancing shoes are for ballet and capes are for opera. When I fight crime I wear Earth Shoes and my Carhartt jeans.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  14. #14
    Forum Regular PAT.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    ont ,canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Pat.P by the way dancing shoes are for ballet and capes are for opera. When I fight crime I wear Earth Shoes and my Carhartt jeans.
    I would rather have my cowboy boots and chaps to fight,there something about leather that scare them off Now watch your back you hero

  15. #15
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Yesterday I received a subpoena to testify against her attacker. I hope all his buddies are not there. I do not think they would want to be that close to a judge with some of their activities. Worried my good might come back to haunt me and that is the bad news.
    See, that's part of the reason why so many people would turn their back on a situation like this. It's unfortunate that you have been put in this position. Is there a way for you to testify so that you don't actually have to appear in front of this guy?

  16. #16
    BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,994
    The court will not care what might happen.
    Look & Listen

  17. #17
    Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    down there
    Posts
    6,852

    No good deed goes unpunished...

    ...it appears. JM you acted, not without fear, but despite of it and because of principle.That is the mark of a man in my book. I hope it will allay your concerns to know that I have seen these situations play out several times. I have never seen an abuser of women actually attempt the same against a man. It is not within them, and it's why they choose what they perceive as weaker prey. You did the right thing...

    Respectfuly,
    M
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

  18. #18
    Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    down there
    Posts
    6,852

    Of course it never hurts to be prepared.

    I have a friend that keeps a Ping Eye Berrylium One Iron in the backseat of his car for just such encounters. Me, I prefer the Koho Profibre 2211 but to each his own. Chin up, soldier...
    Cheers
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

  19. #19
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    I will be there to testify. I would be the first to encourage someone to do the right thing. Now I have to encourage myself. Thanks all.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  20. #20
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    ...it appears. JM you acted, not without fear, but despite of it and because of principle.That is the mark of a man in my book. I hope it will allay your concerns to know that I have seen these situations play out several times. I have never seen an abuser of women actually attempt the same against a man. It is not within them, and it's why they choose what they perceive as weaker prey. You did the right thing...

    Respectfuly,
    M
    That's a great point. I have friends who have been in abusive relationships, and if they had had the courage to confront their abuser, he would have undoubtedly backed down. A man who can attack a woman is, usually, a coward at heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •