Phillies take the collar in Game 3!

Cole Hamels goes from hero to zero. He gets the gift of a 3-0 lead and chokes on it, and now they're down 2 games to 1. I do think the Yanks are making a mistake pitching C.C. tonight on only 3 days rest, but we shall see.

I only watched the game intermittently because I was practically glued to the Oregon/USC game, and what a beautiful thing to see Petey Carroll get his arse handed to him. I understand the early high ranking due to their recent history, but they lost to a rather pathetic Washington and are still able to be ranked in the top 5?

Seriously, I had this game as a lock with Oregon getting 3 at home, and they put up over 600 yards of offense on the 'vaunted' USC defense. I say that with tongue in cheek because they lost 9 or 11 starters from last year. They still have a lot of talent, but top 5 or even 10? I don't think so.

It appears that no team has been totally dominant this year, with nearly all the highly ranked teams narrowly escaping defeat at some point. I think it's wide open this year.

What say you?
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Well, at least the Eagles looked good against the Giants.

Yes, I too loved to see USC get clobbered. There's a lot of media cronies crying their eyes out at this point, knowing that they can't possibly gift them a BCS bowl now. They've been talking a USC-v-Florida/Bama matchup for two or three weeks. Now, they can leave USC out of the conversation, no matter what USC does the rest of the way.

I think a team from the SEC is gonna win the championship. Boise St might deserve a BCS game, but their lack-lustre scheduling pretty much screams "we just want to be in the conversation" - they can't be serious contenders with that schedule.

I hope to God that those black jerseys Tennessee was wearing was a one time Halloween thing, cuz they were ghastly - I'd rather they lost their next 50 games in orange jerseys than wear those black ones ever again.

I'm afraid the Phillies are going nighty-night tonight. I don't really follow baseball that much to really hate the Yankees as much as some do, but I think I get fet up with all the closet baseball fans that come out of the woodwork whenever NYY is in the World Series. Buncha bandwagon riding frontrunners. Same as fair weather Steeler fan. Gimme a break. That's why I don't do fantasy sports - most of the people participating are non-fans...fuggem.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Not with Lee on the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    I'm afraid the Phillies are going nighty-night tonight. I don't really follow baseball that much to really hate the Yankees as much as some do, but I think I get fet up with all the closet baseball fans that come out of the woodwork whenever NYY is in the World Series. Buncha bandwagon riding frontrunners. Same as fair weather Steeler fan. Gimme a break. That's why I don't do fantasy sports - most of the people participating are non-fans...fuggem.
    The Phillies have a lot of heart, but they just aren't getting the hits with runners in scoring position. They shouldn't have lost to C.C. the other night either. They made him look great on 3 days rest, swinging at stuff up around their necks for harmless pop ups. It was tough to watch.

As for Boise, they beat Oregon fair and square, and Oregon hammered USC, so what does that tell you? No matter, this whole thing is a popularity contest, so until there is a true playoff, there is no true champion. Period.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Forum Regular
    It would be great to pull up all the statistics and look at the current advantage of the teams. I like working with numbers because it gives the most accurate forecast. I train with teams from Africa most often - https://bookmakers-nigeria.com/ The local sport has many professional leagues and is open to betting from all over the world.

Thread Information