The Perfect Wedding...

Don't know about anyone else, but I am so tired of seeing all of these reality wedding TV shows, not that I ever watched one, but there seems to be more added each season. They are about the poorest excuse of entertainment based on the clips that I have seen. Here's a better question: Why are they focusing on the "perfect wedding" instead of "a perfect marriage'? No one ever talks about the marriage, it's all about the wedding. They view the wedding as if it's the finish line, when the reality is that it's the starting line. A wedding is one day, a marriage is suppose to be forever. However, they emphasize so much on how to make that one day memorable, but it's all a bunch of fluff, that one day pales in comparison to years enriched by a healthy marriage, I have witnessed some great marriages in my life and hope to be one of those couples that can celebrate the big 50, but that's not for another 48 years, so I got some time!

A Rite of Passage

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Don't know about anyone else, but I am so tired of seeing all of these reality wedding TV shows, not that I ever watched one, but there seems to be more added each season. They are about the poorest excuse of entertainment based on the clips that I have seen. Here's a better question: Why are they focusing on the "perfect wedding" instead of "a perfect marriage'? No one ever talks about the marriage, it's all about the wedding. They view the wedding as if it's the finish line, when the reality is that it's the starting line. A wedding is one day, a marriage is suppose to be forever. However, they emphasize so much on how to make that one day memorable, but it's all a bunch of fluff, that one day pales in comparison to years enriched by a healthy marriage, I have witnessed some great marriages in my life and hope to be one of those couples that can celebrate the big 50, but that's not for another 48 years, so I got some time!
    As to why a wedding is important, I guess it's an important rite of passage, perhaps especially for young women (and especially a first marriage). Also, it is a major social event which is significant to many people, rite of passage aside. It's hard for me to relate to, though. Our wedding, 31 years ago, was a low key affair with about 20 people, and frankly, very little money was spent on it.

The other question is why do people watch "reality" shows. I've never watch even one single entire episode of any other them. In general they aren't "realistic", instead the situations are highly contrived. The wedding ones are no exception: the resulting marriage might be real enough, but the wedding preps and activities are thoroughly and very carefully contrived. Ultimately, I'd guess, "reality" shows are about experiencing life vicariously rather than genuinely.
    Last edited by Feanor; 10-16-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    I couldn't agree more. The wedding industry wants people to believe that your wedding day is the most important day of your life. And that the size and format of your wedding is a status symbol. I know so many women who took their wedding day so seriously that they stressed over every detail and didn't enjoy it one bit. They lost site of what was important...commitment to someone you love.

Personally, I couldn't have cared less whether or not we got married. I knew that we were committed to each other and I didn't need a ceremony to prove it. My husband was the one who wanted the traditional wedding (which I think is hilarious).

My wedding day was very nice but PS, you've got it exactly right. Our wedding was one day and when I look at the milestones in our relationship, it's probably not even in the top 10.

As for the reality shows, well, I guess watching a good Bridezilla freak-out draws a bigger audience than watching two happy people living their lives.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I just saw this article on Yahoo and thought it would be an appropriate addition to this thread.

Bride blue: Manhattan florist sued for supplying wrong colour wedding flowers
    Tue Oct 16, 11:32 AM

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK - The wedding was lovely, except for the flowers: They were the wrong colour.

So says the bride, Elana Glatt, who was so upset that she sued the florist and alleged breach of contract.

She says Posy Floral Design in Manhattan substituted pastel pink and green hydrangeas for the dark rust and green ones she had specified for 22 centrepieces.

Not only that, she alleges that the hydrangeas were wilted and brown, and arranged in dusty vases without enough water.

"The use of predominantly pastel centrepieces had a significant impact on the look of the room and was entirely inconsistent with the vision the plaintiffs had bargained for," Glatt, a lawyer, said in the lawsuit, filed on behalf of herself, her husband, David, and her mother-in-law, Tobi Glatt, who paid for the flowers.

The flowers cost $27,435.14. The lawsuit asks for more than $400,000 in restitution and damages.

Stamos Arakas, the florist, said he and his wife, Paula, tried to match the colour of the hydrangeas with a picture Glatt had given them, but explained to her that the colours might not look the same.

"My father used to tell me, 'Don't deal with the lawyers,"' Arakas said. "Maybe he was right, God bless his soul."

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

The Perfect Wedding...

...involves nobody that I know.

Forum Regular
    On the shore of the azure sea with my beloved next to me. This is the kind of wedding I am planning at the moment. Unfortunately, I do not have a wedding dress. Can someone help me?

Forum Regular
    Every young couple wants their wedding to be perfect. Many girls believe that one of the elements of a successful wedding is their dress. dresses for wedding should be beautiful and stylish. Sometimes it is very difficult to find it among the same models. You can see the original options for a wedding dress here:
    https://www.cathytelle.com/
    I think you will find something for yourself. Good luck.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Great post, fun and full of information. But most of all, I like the way you write.

Forum Regular
    i like wedding photo

I never wanted a luxurious wedding. Therefore, we got married on the island. We took wedding photos ourselves and we got great pictures. True, we had to convert some photos using this online image converter https://img-converter.com/en/ then to process it in Photoshop and improve the quality

Forum Regular
    he most important person of the Indian weddings and that’s none other than the wedding photographers. Everyone wants to be clicked in the wedding as all wore amazing clothes. Call to wedding photography and videography packages https://vanillabrides.com/packages/ to have great photo. These photos also become the memory so photographer is a very important part of every wedding.

I think that a wedding is considered perfect only when people genuinely love each other. The rest is small things.

I found a great review on a senior dating site that covers all information! It seems to me that before registering on any dating site, you need to first read a detailed review or at least read reviews, do you agree with me? That is why I decided to share this helpful review with you!

Forum Regular
    For many people planning weddings at home can seem like a very complicated process. But if you know some tips and tricks, it becomes an easier experience. Do any of you have this event coming up? Then this will be your best guide. But no matter what happens, always remember - you're doing it for yourself, which means you need to enjoy everything and keep in a good mood.

Forum Regular
    Hi guys. Great thread. Thank you.

Forum Regular
    Good day! If you are interested in the question of why modern people start relationships and acquaintances, then check out these great tips! Now it is very fashionable to register on dating sites and communicate with different people, and if you agree with your views and interests in correspondence, then there is a chance to meet! Good luck everyone!

Forum Regular
    Wedding photos do not always turn out well and the only problem is that there are not enough experienced photographers. I often have to put up with this, I don't even know what to do.

Forum Regular
    Maybe I well understand those people who are annoyed when something goes wrong at a wedding. But still, I was able to cope with it and found a great guy https://www.mikekire.com/ These are real pros and they have a good understanding of how and what to make great wedding photos for their clients. Their work is always very reliable and works flawlessly. This is generally suitable for me, and if you have had such problems, I advise you to contact them.

Forum Regular
    I also love weddings in different non-standard styles and colors, it is always very interesting and exciting, something new, but the notes of romance and love should still be preserved at this celebration, by the way, I share a cool selection of love songs for her, which are great for the first dance of the young or the performance of a song by the groom for his bride.

This is an endlessly exciting and special period from engagement to wedding, which will never happen again and during which you have a lot to do, remember, organize and implement.

A photo shoot in Paris is a great idea to remember this trip in all its details and keep not only warm memories, but also beautiful photos for a long time! After all, the city of love, romance and unforgettable tranquility seems to be created in order to remain forever not only in your memory, but also in the pictures. Here you will learn all about best time to take pictures . With a photographer in Paris, you can realize the brightest ideas! Whether it's a photo session on a bench with a morning newspaper and a fresh baguette, or an image shoot on the terrace of a luxury hotel with a panoramic view of the Eiffel Tower!

Thread Information