Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ForeverAutumn
  • 1 Post By Feanor

Thread: Pat Robertson Defends Cheating Husband

  1. #1
    Suspended Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    3,959

    Pat Robertson Defends Cheating Husband


    I really think Pat Robertson is going looney in his old age.

    Recently on his The 700 Club TV program, a women wrote in asking Pat's advice about her cheating husband and how she should forgive him. And Pat's advice was that ""Males have a tendency to wander and you should be greatfull he provide you with food and shelter."

    Robertson tells the woman to stop worrying about the cheating, and to remember what's really at stake: "Does he provide a home for you? Does he provide food for you to eat? Does he provide clothes for you to wear?"

    So thats all woman should expect out of a marriage. If a man brings home a paycheck, she should keep her mouths shut and be grateful, because obviously it's all your fault, lady.

    I guess Pat forgot about one of Ten Commandments saying that "Thou shalt not commit adultery."

    Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs
    Last edited by Smokey; 05-18-2013 at 10:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    I loathe Pat.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  3. #3
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    I loathe hippocrites.
    JohnMichael likes this.

  4. #4
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127
    The guy is a jerk. His regular followers are jerks.

    I'm reminded again and again and again of the evil perpetrated by dogmatic religion: Christian, Muslim, even Buddhist (as in Burma). And I can't help but notice to the male dominance/misogynist threat that often accompanies religious bigotry.

  5. #5
    Suspended markw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Noo Joisey. Youse got a problem wit dat?
    Posts
    4,659
    I totally disagree with him, as would most good Christians, but let's not start painting with broad strokes here.

  6. #6
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    I totally disagree with him, as would most good Christians, but let's not start painting with broad strokes here.
    You're quite right: "most good Christians" disagree with him. The problem is the many dogmatic, bigoted Christian -- and of course, the many dogmatic, bigoted Muslims, etc., etc.

  7. #7
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Bigotry is not reserved for the religious. Religion aside, Robertson is a chauvanistic, bigoted *******. That he is religious only adds hypocricy to the mix.

  8. #8
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Bigotry is not reserved for the religious. Religion aside, Robertson is a chauvanistic, bigoted *******. That he is religious only adds hypocricy to the mix.
    Good point. I think Robertson and similar people are chauvinists & bigots first, who exploit the ambiguities of religion to support their regressive agendas.

    This is certainly true of the Muslim Salafists, Wahhabists, al-Qaeda, Taliban, etc., whose attitudes are based far more on tribal customs than the Qur'an or Sunnah as reasonably interpreted. (There has always been different schools of interpretative of the Sharia, some liberal, some very narrow and literal and/or biased by tribal traditions.)
    Last edited by Feanor; 05-19-2013 at 02:41 PM.

  9. #9
    Suspended Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Good point. I think Robertson and similar people are chauvinists & bigots first, who exploit the ambiguities of religion to support their regressive agendas.
    I wonder what kind of advice would Pat give if it was a husband seeking advice about his wife cheating. He probably tell the husband to throw book at her
    Last edited by Smokey; 05-19-2013 at 10:12 PM.

  10. #10
    Suspended markw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Noo Joisey. Youse got a problem wit dat?
    Posts
    4,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I wonder what kind of advice would Pat give if it was a husband seeking advice about his wife cheating. He probably tell the husband to throw book at her
    Well, if it was your wife, he's probably say she was justified.

  11. #11
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,826
    When you think of all the stupid statements this nut job has made over the last decade, I don't know why anyone would pay him any attention.

    Think about it. The people in New Orleans deserved hurricane Katrina because of their sins? Well what about all of the tornado's hitting the Bible belt? Was it their sins as well?
    Sir Terrence

    Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

  12. #12
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post

    I really think Pat Robertson is going looney in his old age.

    Recently on his The 700 Club TV program, a women wrote in asking Pat's advice about her cheating husband and how she should forgive him. And Pat's advice was that ""Males have a tendency to wander and you should be greatfull he provide you with food and shelter."

    Robertson tells the woman to stop worrying about the cheating, and to remember what's really at stake: "Does he provide a home for you? Does he provide food for you to eat? Does he provide clothes for you to wear?"

    So thats all woman should expect out of a marriage. If a man brings home a paycheck, she should keep her mouths shut and be grateful, because obviously it's all your fault, lady.

    I guess Pat forgot about one of Ten Commandments saying that "Thou shalt not commit adultery."

    Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs
    Maybe he wants to change the Ten Commandments to The Ten Suggestions. Thou shall not commit adultery----Unless you provide food, shelter and clothing. Thou shall not steal--- unless you need to steal food, clothing and shelter so you can commit adultery. See it all works out.

  13. #13
    Suspended Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Well, if it was your wife, he's probably say she was justified.
    LMAO. You're probably right as I have too many bad habits, including smoking in bed

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir TT
    When you think of all the stupid statements this nut job has made over the last decade, I don't know why anyone would pay him any attention.
    Because he claims that he talk to God. What other credential do you need.

    Quote Originally Posted by bfalls
    Maybe he wants to change the Ten Commandments to The Ten Suggestions. Thou shall not commit adultery----Unless you provide food, shelter and clothing.
    From his advice, looks like he already did

  14. #14
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Because he claims that he talk to God. What other credential do you need.
    So did Charles Manson, and we see how that turned out. I want to hear God answer him back, I don't trust Robertson word.
    Sir Terrence

    Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •