Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Yup.
    That's truly sad. I take my right as an American to question our goverment's actions very seriously.

Not by a long shot. I certainly don't remember the mall looking like that when Bush stole the presidency... even the first time.
    Blah, Blah, Blah. Reminds me of your recent words. With one smal edit.

Or are you just pissed 'cause your guy didn't win? Well, tough. Live with it. "
    Last edited by JSE; 01-21-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Suspended
    Don't worry JSE, OUR senator denied/delayed Hillary's appointment because of her and Slick Willy's secret dealings with his (What was that charity he and GB senior started?) organization. Something to do with campaign funding? Hilliary's a liar, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    Marched for Martin yesterday... prayed and cried...
    Ducked out of work for 3 hours today... watched the festivities with a bunch of ole.. hippies... we toasted, roasted and cried... Thank God and the Republic for such a momentus day. The Rev. Lowery's closing speech was phenomenal. He said all that needed saying. Barrack looked years older already. Watched Bush's copter take off and then went back to work. As I said before, "only history will tell if today was a great day, but I know for sure, today is a NEW day."
    Great take as usual Worf. This seemed more of a resolute call to action than just a bunch of soaring rhetoric. Definitely felt like the beginning of a new era, and one that I hope can leave the country a better place for my biracial daughter than the one that I was born into.

I guess Dick Cheney WAS "Dr Strangelove" after all....
    I actually thought Cheney reminded me more of Davros (the evil megalomaniac scientist from Doctor Who that created the Daleks)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davros

Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

nightflier

Wrong again, JSE

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Blah, Blah, Blah. Reminds me of your recent words. With one smal edit.
    I'm pissed at Bush for what he did these past 8 years. When he started out, no one (including me) knew how badly he was going to screw things up. This joker hadn't even done anything worthy as a governor, so we knew nothing about him. He was Bush senior's son and so we hoped that some of his father's smarts would have rubbed off on him. How we got taken for a ride, huh?

It's one thing to criticize a man when he first walks through your door, because it's all based on appearances, but it's another thing entirely to ask him never to come back, when he finally decides to leave after he rudely crashed the party. In the case of Bush, he didn't just rudely crash the party, he grabbed the a$$ of every woman there, jacked off on your bed, spiked the punch with his puke, and pissed on your shoes when he "relieved" himself in your dog's food bowl.

Bush, don't let that helicopter door hit you in the rear on the way out of here!

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    I believe the dying embers have officially re-started and spawned a wild fire......

JSE
    Wrong again, JSE
    Am I?

So over the last 8 years you came to the conclusion Bush "stole" the election? Took you a while huh?

What I am wrong about? I have the opinion the extravagance of this inauguration was over the top given our horrible economic problems. I don't care who the person getting sworn in was. The only reason I have an issue with Obama on this is because he ran on the promise of change and made the economy his #1 priority. To me and many others it seems like he kindof forgot about that #1 priority. At least until today. And before you go quoting numbers from Bush (x2), Clinton, Carter, and other presidents, I'm talking about this inauguration at this moment in these economic times.

I'll give Obama some credit for a few things he did today. He started the proceedings to close Gitmo and agreed to halt all trials for now. I think this is a wise move. I just hope we don't let some of these terrorists go just to save face. If there is evidence of guilt, send them to trial. He's also issuing an order to freeze pay raises for staff and cabinet members. Another good move. Now let's see if he can freeze Senate and Congress salaries while he's at it. That would be a great achievement and would win points from a "VAST" majority of americans. However, not sure any of those bastards will let that happen though even with a Democratic majority.

I hope he starts working on the economy now. I and many others might not agree with his methods in doing so but he needs to keep his word and get after it.

See, Cartman praised Obama. Again, I hope the guy does a great job. When he does, I will give him credit and applaud him. If he starts to break promises and do things that are not in the best interest of the country, I will call him on it.

And for the record, I am proud our country elected an African American to office. In that regard, I am just as proud as many others. It was truly historic and I think it shows our country has maybe turned the corner a bit in terms of some deep rooted racism. That being said, he is still an elected "politician" and should be viewed as such. In time, I hope he goes against stereotype and does a great job.

Ya think they coulda elevated the cannons a bit during the salute. A few inches over, right between the floppy ears and right above the smirk?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Ya think they coulda elevated the cannons a bit during the salute. A few inches over, right between the floppy ears and right above the smirk?
    Speaking of angles, some of the subtle changes made in security were genius. The platform being elevated and further pulled back into the cover of the building behind eliminated 50% of the alley into a potential killzone. It also allowed for the now-traditional bulletproof glass to be at a greater angle of protection potential gallery fire (as well as hiding the teleprompter).

The Sectret Service did some thoughtful work and should be commended.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Yer talkin' 'bout Cheney. I just know it.

...It's one thing to criticize a man when he first walks through your door, because it's all based on appearances...
    It really was only a matter of time before something like that saw the light.

Oh, come on

It's one thing to criticize a man when he first walks through your door, because it's all based on appearances ...
    They say in a democarcy the people get the government the deserve. Well looks like it turned out that way.

Bush's NeoCon credentials were well established in 1999. How come an ignorant foreigner like me saw perfectly well that he has going to bngger you guys and the rest of us? Appearances were all you Americans need, but you stupidly chose to ignore every sign.

And as for 2003, shame, shame, shame on you. The world says except no smirk.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    F

I would agree with you that we get the government we deserve because we elect the people in the first place. As much as I disliked the former administration they were elected (please don't give me the Florida recount lecture again... if Gore carries either his home state or Clinton's he wins...) twice. Historians can debate/decide why that happened such as 9/11 making foreign policy a center piece but it happened. These last 4 for years I found it amusing/frustrating the number of people who hated Bush but when asked who they voted for they either replied -"Not him" or "I did not vote".

It was amazing to see the voter turnout in this past election. It will be interesting to see if people stay involved and we start seeing voter turnout at higher levels in elections w/o two polarizing candidates.

Lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Now for the "it's all about me" post...

Do all the upcoming "changes" mean I'm going to get laid this year?
    Not an effin' chance in hell son...

Da Worfster

Hey....

JSE, you may be a Boosh lover... BUT I still love your pudgy knees anywho... LOL...

That we can be sitting here, having this conversation, in this manner, via this medium... is still a wunnerfull thing to moi.

Da Worfster

JSE
    JSE, you may be a Boosh lover... BUT I still love your pudgy knees anywho... LOL...

That we can be sitting here, having this conversation, in this manner, via this medium... is still a wunnerfull thing to moi.

Da Worfster

I knew you would still love me Worf!

BTW, I am no Boosh lover (GW that is). I do think he did some good things during his term but he also did some things that have really knocked our great country down a few pegs. I think Bush is a decent guy that let himself be overly influenced by those around him. In hindsight, I don't think he had to backbone to be a good president. I don't think he was able to break away from the likes of Cheney and Rove. That was a major disappointment to me and many others. I think he could have been a great president if the Iraq war had never come about. I think the interest of others corrupted him. Tha fact that happened, is his biggest flaw IMO.

In regard to Obama, I don't like many of his political beliefs but I am willing to give him a chance to mend some of our problems. I'm not sure the solutions to many of our current problems are as black and white as liberal vs. conservative. I think the entire political system and both parties need a good scrubbing in terms of ethics, greed and general evilness. Liberalism and Conservatism really have nothing to do with that. I think if Obama can "clean" up Washington a bit, that will let us mutually move toward recovering as a country.

I think we should oust the entire congress and senate and start over. The only qualification to run for the vacant seats should be that you have never held a political office, your a US citizen and your are not a felon. That would be some fun!

Suspended
    You send me any shookup Honey Brown's Cartman and you can scratch me offa yer Buddy list!

Suspended
    Not an effin' chance in hell son...

Da Worfster
    Another freakin' country heard from.

JSE
    You send me any shookup Honey Brown's Cartman and you can scratch me offa yer Buddy list!

Another freakin' country heard from.
    Grumpy today aren't we? Well we know who "did not" get laid last night!

Suspended
    A cold front will be coming through tonite. That means the wind will be blowing south.

I don't think I want to know what you are talking about Rich.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    A cold front will be coming through tonite. That means the wind will be blowing south.
    How is that even possible for one person?

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    How is that even possible for one person?

Meh, I send "bombs" at Rich all the time durring the summer with the southern winds. I've even shot to the southwest and caught the southern winds to hit our two friends in Cali a few times. A slice if you will.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I don't think I want to know what you are talking about Rich.
    Hint: Taco's GM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Grumpy today aren't we? Well we know who "did not" get laid last night!
    ...and the odds-makers take a beating.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    They say in a democarcy the people get the government the deserve. Well looks like it turned out that way.

Bush's NeoCon credentials were well established in 1999. How come an ignorant foreigner like me saw perfectly well that he has going to bngger you guys and the rest of us? Appearances were all you Americans need, but you stupidly chose to ignore every sign.

And as for 2003, shame, shame, shame on you. The world says except no smirk.
    I'm disappointed. This is offensive and this level of condescending sand kicking is neither productive nor needed here. Please tone down the rhetoric.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information