View Poll Results: What do you think should be allowed in OT?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cussing, nudity, drunken slurs, whatever...Let it Fly!

6 60.00%
  • Cussing but no nudity

0 0%
  • No cussing. No nudity.

3 30.00%
  • Go away you hack. This is an audio site!

1 10.00%

Thread: Nudity

Nudity

I thought that would get your attention

In our attempts to revive OT, it has come to light that we are clueless as to how much is tolerated here, both by members and mods. I know that at other sites, pretty much everything is allowed in OT as long as respect is still shown (no racist comments, religious zealotry, nazi agenda's, etc.). This means frontal nudity except below the belt (bum shots are OK), creative language, stupid topics. The idea is to entertain, not offend. We're not trying to make this forum an ode Larry Flint, after all, so nothing remotely hardcore. More like a pub where you can speak your mind without fear of ticking off a mod or offending another member.

Therefore, let's see what we, as members, think should be allowed or disallowed. Maybe the mod's will chime in as well.
    Last edited by topspeed; 04-21-2006 at 10:49 AM.

Like Richard Pryor, I'm going to vote "none of the above." Keep the cussin. Just give me some good ol' fassion T&A.
    We could use a few examples so we all know what you mean Top. When you fixing that modem's lil' red wagon?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I think for the site's own safety, anything discriminatory or harassing by nature should be banned.

I say let anything go except for blatant hateful discrimination and cussin'...why cuss? It's fine in verbal communication, but really, it's just extra work when you have to type it.

We should get an "expletive deleted" smiley of some sort to convey the idea...
    When I want to cuss I just use %$@# or freakin' or maybe call you a shucking, rock-ducking maggot ash bowl. You get the idea. We don't need nun' of that here..

I love you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I think for the site's own safety, anything discriminatory or harassing by nature should be banned.

I say let anything go except for blatant hateful discrimination and cussin'...why cuss? It's fine in verbal communication, but really, it's just extra work when you have to type it.

We should get an "expletive deleted" smiley of some sort to convey the idea...
    When I want to cuss I just use %$@# or freakin' or maybe call you a shucking, rock-ducking maggot ash bowl. You get the idea. We don't need nun' of that here..

I love you guys!
    Thanks. Back at ya. But what about the T&A? Don't forget the T&A.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    How about my favorite cuss "fugly other muckers".
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Myself, I will abide by whatever rules the majority (or the mods) see fit, and I can certainly understand the request for decorum and restraint.
    That said, with some of the fascistic crypto-nazi threadstarters I can't help but wonder if there are times where swearing isn't the only appropriate response. Either that, or we can find out the location of JOEBIALEK's lair and toss a burlap bag of wet Long Island rats in his bedroom--all in the name of social egalitarianism of course...

V is for Bobsticks

I'm no prude, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    I thought that would get your attention

In our attempts to revive OT, it has come to light that we are clueless as to how much is tolerated here, both by members and mods. I know that at other sites, pretty much everything is allowed in OT as long as respect is still shown (no racist comments, religeous zealotry, nazi agenda's, etc.). This means frontal nudity except below the belt (bum shots are OK), creative language, stupid topics. The idea is to entertain, not offend. We're not trying to make this forum an ode Larry Flint, after all, so nothing remotely hardcore. More like a pub where you can speak your mind without fear of ticking off a mod or offending another member.

Therefore, let's see what we, as members, think should be allowed or disallowed. Maybe the mod's will chime in as well.
    There should be some limits around here: there are plenty of other places to go for cussin' and T&A.

By the way, some of the pics showing on GMichel's threads are technically "nudes", but I don't think they cross the line.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Hey, Kex.

F**K You!

j/k. You know we love you too, Sweetums.

Quote Originally Posted by feanor
    By the way, some of the pics showing on GMichel's threads are technically "nudes", but I don't think they cross the line.
    I agree, and that's about as far as the line should go, IMO.

Mike,

Just got 'er fixed. However, I am hereby abstaining from posting any more pics until we get a ruling either from the members or mods on this.

Unless I find something really good

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    There should be some limits around here: there are plenty of other places to go for cussin' and T&A.

I hope I'm not being presumptuous in thinking that you might be referring to the pics of Mrs. Fenn-Martin. Yes, they are nudes, but they're tasteful unlike some of those classless skank-hoes who skank it up even when fully clothed.

GTF
    Forum Regular
    abcdefg
    Last edited by GTF; 04-21-2006 at 07:10 PM.

Sorry Top,

Your poll is piggybacking another topic that I wasn't interested in. Cussing. In day to day life I probably cus more than your average guy. But it's too easy to type F#ck off here and still get your point across. I'm going to start a new poll that focuses on the nudity topic alone.

Wow. How the heck did you even find that guy? He hasn't ever posted since he joined a year ago?!?

Agreed. Delete and ban.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    How about my favorite cuss "fugly other muckers".
    hehehe. My favourite was watching a movie one afternoon on TV and they changed mother ****ers to melon farmers.

Good luck cussing on this site. Over at Rave Recs, we can't even talk about Donald ***an's new CD, Morph The Cat.

See what I mean?....Donald F-a-g-a-n.

guys, a request. girls are ok, but could you tone it down a bit?

and gtf, of course we care about the "rape" site that guy linked to. we take care of that stuff as soon as we hear about it. maybe we missed it, but it's gone now, and so is he.

thanks,
    eric

GTF
    Forum Regular
    Thanks Eric

It's just that I sent the administrator an email quite some time ago about that link.

GTF

Thank you Eric. I appreciate your quick response to a troubling issue.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    hehehe. My favourite was watching a movie one afternoon on TV and they changed mother ****ers to melon farmers.

Good luck cussing on this site. Over at Rave Recs, we can't even talk about Donald ***an's new CD, Morph The Cat.

See what I mean?....Donald F-a-g-a-n.

I will try out melon farmers next time I take my mother somewhere. She will appreciate it and I will tell her she has you to thank.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by ericl
    guys, a request. girls are ok, but could you tone it down a bit?

and gtf, of course we care about the "rape" site that guy linked to. we take care of that stuff as soon as we hear about it. maybe we missed it, but it's gone now, and so is he.

thanks,
    eric
    Eric if you go to !YAEBU profile there a link to is Home Page and goes right to the site.

No problemo, Eric. Now we know what we can and can't do.

Thread Information