Thread: NBA playoffs

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

NBA playoffs

Anyone here watching these series?

Suns vs. Mavs
    Spurs vs. Sonics
    Heat vs. Wizards
    Pistons vs. Pacers

This round doesn't seem to be very competitive so far. Will we have to wait to the conference finals before we see a competitive series or will one or more of these matchups get interesting?

Forum Regular

Sorry

but I think the NBA sucks. People are always talking about how the NHL sucks, well to me its the best damn sport period. At least those guys go out and play defense and put their bodies on the line every night. The NBA is by far the most boring of all the major leagues to me, and it wouldnt even bother me if the NBA didn't even exist. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Anyone here watching these series?

Suns vs. Mavs
    Spurs vs. Sonics
    Heat vs. Wizards
    Pistons vs. Pacers

This round doesn't seem to be very competitive so far. Will we have to wait to the conference finals before we see a competitive series or will one or more of these matchups get interesting?

I agree Dean, this round is a little boring but I think the conference champioinships are going to be great.

Heat v Pistons -this should be awesome!

Spurs v Suns -this should be great too.

I haven't watched enough b-ball this year, but I am going to guess its going to be the
    Suns vs the Heat, with the HEat pulling it out. Shaq's on a mission.

After the Lakers imploded, I haven't watched one NBA game this season.

When does college football start again?

Quote Originally Posted by ericl
    I agree Dean, this round is a little boring but I think the conference champioinships are going to be great.

Heat v Pistons -this should be awesome!

Spurs v Suns -this should be great too.

I haven't watched enough b-ball this year, but I am going to guess its going to be the
    Suns vs the Heat, with the HEat pulling it out. Shaq's on a mission.
    I watch a few marquis matchups on Sunday afternoons during the season, but that's about it. A couple of weeks before the end of the regular season I start keeping up with who's made it and who has a chance to make it to the playoffs by checking the standings in the paper or online.

So, I was surprised when I actually watched the Suns play. They have some impressive athletes with skills and Steve Nash brings some toughness. The Suns may be able to equal the Spurs' no fear attitude.

Pistons vs. Heat should be an all out brawl! Someone other than Wade and O'Neal will probably have to step up and contribute for the Heat - maybe the Joneses will step up against the Wallaces.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    People are always talking about how the NHL sucks, well to me its the best damn sport period.
    Interesting, Duds. I haven't watched an NHL game in over a year. Oh, wait, I just remembered, they haven't played one in over a year. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

I'm a college sports fan myself, but I do check out the playoffs in all 4...errr 3 major pro sports when they come around. (Oops - did it again!)

Seriously though, I do hope the NHL gets back on track. We used to have some great NHL banter from our northern and Canadien bros. during the playoffs.

I do think that NBA players in general complain too much about defensive tactics and officiating. I think you'll find that the teams with the toughest players are advancing in the playoffs. The Spurs, Heat and Pistons have some players that dish out hard fouls and some that aren't afraid to draw hard fouls. Then, you have some other players like Ray Allen who don't want to be touched when going to the basket.

I've seen some little guys like Tony Parker and Steve Nash get thrown to the floor, but don't complain. They get up and make their free throws.

Mavs and Pacers have turned up the heat.

Forum Regular
    [QUOTE=dean_martin]Interesting, Duds. I haven't watched an NHL game in over a year. Oh, wait, I just remembered, they haven't played one in over a year. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

No Problem. I wont hold back next year during the NBA lockout...

Thread Information