Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

McCain on why he chose Sarah Palin

She's HOT!!!!!

I dunno, dude, but it looks like he's about to pull a Linda Blair and heave....

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    I dunno, dude, but it looks like he's about to pull a Linda Blair and heave....
    Nope...its love

You never saw Obama hug Hillary like that...hell, you never saw Bill hug Hillary like that.

Awwwwww...

Looks like he's gonna get those mashed potatoes outta her back pocket!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    I do not think McCain has quite gotten over his drunken sailor days. Interesting choice though, but what he thinks is going to work is probably not.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

An act of desperation really...but maybe she'll be a better campaigner than Obama's VP choice. At least McCain's camp made this a whole more intersting.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    An act of desperation really...but maybe she'll be a better campaigner than Obama's VP choice. At least McCain's camp made this a whole more intersting.
    "Interesting" is usually not a term you want to hear to describe the decision in picking the person who is a heartbeat away from the oval office.........

Admittedly Obama's lack of experience has been a source of concern for me, I at least feel comfortable that an experienced foreign policy veteran like Biden is there to bounce ideas off of during troubled times. Does anyone really feel comforatble that if McCain needs to do the same a person who 3 years ago was "Mayor" of a town of less than 8,500 is prepared for that conversation? My HOA has a bigger budget than the town she was Mayor of and I would not feel comforatble with my HOA President being a heartbeat away from the Oval office.......
    Last edited by thekid; 08-30-2008 at 06:52 PM.

Still trying to decide whether McCain's choice was borne from a need to assert an avant garde agenda or if his running mate represents interests and loyalties of great influence. The next president will have the very formidable agenda of reasserting America's morale ground and getting a budget that has been blown to smithereens back on track. I want to know who stands behind Palin (I hear she's big among Evangelicals--oh, God!--who are quite happy that she decided against the abortion of one of her children), but there must be something more to this lady than a great smile and legs that would make Anne Archer jealous....
    Last edited by Auricauricle; 08-31-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Still trying to decide whether McCain's choice was borne from a need to assert an avant garde agenda or if his running mate represents interests and loyalties of great influence. The next president will have the very formidable agenda of reasserting America's morale ground and getting a budget that has been blown to smithereens back on track. I want to know who stands behind Palin (I here she's big among Evangelicals--oh, God!--who are quite happy that she decided against the abortion of one of her children), but there must be something more to this lady than a great smile and legs that would make Anne Archer jealous....
    Well they keep saying she came to power because she took a stand on rampant corruption and fought the "old boys network" in Alaska. Of course the part she does not really discuss in her speeches is that the corruption and "old boys network" she took on was her own Republican party. My guess is this "maverick" approach (as if fighting blatant corruption requires you to be a maverick) appealed somewhat to McCain along with the fact she fills in the gaps on many of the issues that the conservatives find missing in him.

I do not know Alaska or Alaskan politics but considering Stevenson just won a primary in a landslide despite his near certain conviction tells me it is probably a very Republican state. If that is the case she has never really been involved in a tough campaign where the body shotys are coming from the other party. It will be interesting to see how she holds up once the attack dogs are let loose.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    To present a counterpoint: I think it's a brilliant move.

Recognising that, more than any other, this election will be decided by "undecideds" she speaks to a lot of hopefuls. She speaks to left-leaning fenales that think Obama is a shyster and feminists that want nothing more than to see any woman in high office.

For a lot of folks her relative "inexperience", or at least in dealings of this size and complexity, means little. She'sgonna be viewed as an outsider..which is good. Obama is taking a fair amount of heat for campaigning on "Change" and then moving immediately to the left with an ancient party hack. Palin already has the advantage of not having been proven to be a liar and an idiot on the public stage.

For "da boyz"...I mean, c'mon...she's a hunter and fisher, and she's got legs that go all the way to the floor.

Alot of people are gonna vote for the bottom of this ticket.

Are you sure we're not confusing brilliance with inscrutability?

Are you sure we're not confusing brilliance with inscrutability?
    Wait and watch.

What the hell has my thread turned into?

I make a superficial comment about her looks and you guys pile on a buncha politics!

Yer lucky its too late to delete the post

Talking

Hey, you opened the door....We'll shut it when we're ready to leave!

BTW: Where's the beer? I'm parched....

Here is a little someting on this topic I posted on the "other" site to lighten the topic a bit..

I think everyone needs to put the Kool-Aid down for a second and look at the bright side of this possible future VP....

For example.........

Here's a future exchange between Palin and the Russian President at a State Dinner

Palin: "Aren't you going to eat your Elk Mr. President?? Its fresh, I just shot it this morning".
    Russian President: Pushes plate away but gains new respect for America now that he knows VP hunts her own dinner.
    Palin: Using her experience as former Head of State of Alaska (which borders Russia doncha ya know...) and a mother of 5 refuses to take no for an answer and pushes plate back in front of President.
    "Here Mr.President let me cut that up for you. Now don't forget to eat those vegetables either. My husband grew them in our garden."
    Russian President: Seeing that he has been bested (As well as being told he can't leave the table until he cleans his plate) leaves State dinner and immediately signs over oil rights in Russia to Haliburton thus solving America's dependence on foreign oil.

Panning for Gold in newly installed sluice on the White House lawn replaces T-Ball games as source of enjoyment for kids invited to White House.

Hockey is officially recognized as "America's Game" by order of the President and ratings for the Stanley Cup playoffs quickly surpass those of the World Series and Super Bowl combined.

Brief war with Canada ensues after President declares hockey is "America's Game". War ends when VP Palin leads a crack corp of the Alaska National Guard "Penquin Division" (she served as their Commander in Chief while governor doncha know) in a bold daylight raid taking Moose Jaw and securing the vital Saskatchawan corriedor thus opening it up so new episodes of "Ice Truckers" can be shown.

"Most Dangerous Catch" becomes number one rated TV show after VP Palin's husband (he's a licensed commercial fisherman doncha know) becomes one of the Captains in the fleet.

Battleship Wisconsin is brought out of mothballs and converted to commercial fishing vessel. New Captain Palin brings in record hauls using the new "Chinook" cruise missles.

School systems around the country immediately improve quality of education as future politicians learn that being involved in local PTA is key to their future political ambitions.

Enjoy...........

Yer jus' not right, Kid...!

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    What the hell has my thread turned into?

I make a superficial comment about her looks and you guys pile on a buncha politics!

Yer lucky its too late to delete the post
    I'd have to kick her out of my bed,
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    can't vouch for the authenticity of this photo, but it's goin' around:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McCain on why he chose Sarah Palin-new-vp-candidate-sarah-palin.jpg  

Suspended
    I think this choice is right up there with the running mate Ross Perot made where during the VP debate when asked a question he replied "wait a sec till I turn my hearing aid back on".

What I would like to know is how is this person going to lead the country when she can't even lead her own family. Yeah families are supposed to be off limits but if she can't keep her own daughter from getting pregnant while still in high school...translates to Family Values, how is she going to lead the rest of us?

Secondly, she just had a newborn baby with Downs Syndrome just a few short months ago. How will she focus on leading the country while taking care of a disabled child? Shouldn't that child come first? I know if it was my child I would not be passing it off on nannies and baby sitters.

Sorry but if all of McCain's negative campaigning didn't do it, this move put the last nail in the coffin.

She sure isn't bad on the eyes but this country needs a bit more than war and eye candy, which is what we would get if McCain gets elected.

Okay...She drinks, she dribbles....Does she dribble when she drinks....?
    Last edited by Auricauricle; 11-06-2008 at 03:54 PM.

I hear there's an illegitimate son somewhere....
    Last edited by Auricauricle; 11-06-2008 at 03:54 PM.

And a crazy .........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McCain on why he chose Sarah Palin-pup.jpg  
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    What I would like to know is how is this person going to lead the country when she can't even lead her own family. Yeah families are supposed to be off limits but if she can't keep her own daughter from getting pregnant while still in high school...translates to Family Values, how is she going to lead the rest of us?
    That would be exactly the kind of argument that's going to get someone in trouble in a debate. Outside of the suburbs there's a nation of Grandmas getting a chance to relive firsthand motherhood because of this country's illigetimacy epidemic. I'm not saying it's right or that you're not entitled to your opinion but the potential repercussions of saying it in a debate are harsh. I still think this election is going to be decided by the fringes. Comments like this could charge up the feminists, unwed mothers and a host of other disenfranchised voting blocs that otherwise might have gone for Obama.

I think it's interesting that we expect not only our politicians but everyone our politicians have ever come in contact with to live in a bubble. In my experience, I've only ever been truly capable at controlling someone with economic coercion or physical threat. I'm trying to remember, in an historical context, the last time one group of citizens was successful at preventing another group from ****ing.

I wonder how long it will be until the daughter is criticized for keeping the baby and getting married.

I don't think that anyone expects politicians to be beyond reproach or have unassailable pasts, but I do think that we can expect a history of good judgment and honor.

Unfortunately, when the target is teflon-coated or the vulnerabilities aren't very damaging, folks may look for cheap shots below the knees, looking for peripheral targets.

Call it collateral damage.

This latest salvo regarding the daughter is repugnant, but if it sways enough people to be led off target, then like any smelly red herring, it might lead them to the desired path.

Let's see how indignantly Obama responds to this.

Let's see how indignantly Obama responds to this.
    Glass houses methinks

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information