Look at FA's back yard...!!

FA,

When did you get the new pets?

http://www.wimp.com/babymoose
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Dude she lives in Toronto, there's no such thing as a backyard there.

Chicago IL
    how nice

JSE
    FA, you got a nice "Back Yard" there!
    Last edited by JSE; 07-23-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Schweet...

But I kept waitng for the sound of gunfire to erupt... and face painted, gap toothed northeners to come out from the trees to skin dere catch.

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    But I kept waitng for the sound of gunfire to erupt... and face painted, gap toothed northeners to come out from the trees to skin dere catch.

Worf
    No hunting please. Pets are family.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    hmmm...I guess my impression of the Great White North was wrong. I expected a year-'round snowman.

Absolutely terrific. Thanks, GM. That makes my day!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Anytime, but where is FA? Did she say something about being out today?

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Dude she lives in Toronto, there's no such thing as a backyard there.
    LOL! I live just north of Toronto actually. But not far enough North to have moose visit. We've seen a few deer in the neighbourhood though.

I've seen wild Moose once in my life up in Algonquin Park about 450km north of Toronto. It was an awesome and inspiring experience that I will never forget. And, trust me, you don't want to mess with Momma moose when her babies are nearby. The Momma that I saw didn't like me sitting my car watching her young'uns and made sure that I knew it. Thank goodness I never turned the engine off, is all I'm sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    One of my husband's suppliers gave us some Moose meat last year. It was godawful stuff. Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by GM
    Anytime, but where is FA? Did she say something about being out today?
    Sorry, I wasn't aware that I was supposed to provide you with my calendar. It won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Sorry, I wasn't aware that I was supposed to provide you with my calendar. It won't happen again.
    Not necessary. I was just worried about you. Glad to see you post.

Years ago, a girl-friend of mine went camping and hiking at Gros Morne National Park, in Newfoundland. One afternoon, we decided to hike to Snug Harbor, which is located near one of Newfoundland's fjords. That night, a strong storm blew through, nearly blowing a tarp we had tied above the tent away from its moorings and the rest of our gear into the forest. At one point, as we waited for breezes to resume, we heard a heavy tramping outside. My girlfriend cowered beside me for protection and I pulled out my trusty pocket knife. If this was a bear, he would not go unchallenged, I reassured her. The next morning, as we surveyed the campground, we looked beside the tent where we had heard the "bear". No tracks or hide could be found, but there was a prodigious pile of moose spoor located within feet of our poor domicile.

*As I looked closer, I thought I saw a note: "Just passing through. Have a nice vacation. -Maurice".

When we finally left, we took a bus from Deer Lake to the airport. On the way, we saw a moose grazing by the roadside. We realized then just how formidable these beasts truly are, and promised each other to be wary of them should we ever experience such an encounter again.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    FA nice of you to sing and play the song that accompanies the video.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information