Kerry's microphone-mess up?

Okay, so how many of you thought that Kerry owes Bush an apology with his "crooked" comment yesterday? Granted he didn't mean to say it through the microphone, but nevertheless, he said it and everyone heard it. Inappropriate or an unfortunate mistake?

JSE
    Kerry will never apologize to Bush. It would show weakness. Should he? Yes, but it won't happen.

JSE

If he really thinks that to be true, then no, he doesn't owe an apology. I get kinda sick of people expecting campaigns to be all nice. Politics is rough and tumble. If you really think something, say it without hesitation and without apology. If i think Bush is an ass, i'll say it and i'll tell you why i think it. If i think Kerry is an ass, i'll say it and tell you why. Just because they're running for office shouldn't mean they can never say whats actually on their mind. I think it'd be refreshing to see politicians say what they mean and not feel like they have to censor themselves to play to certain crowds.

T-

Forum Regular
    Why should he apologize? Kerry never specifically called Bush a liar or a crook, did he? I interpreted his comments as being pointed toward Republicans in general. Of course, Bush is the number one Republican, but still I do not think he has to apologize to anyone.

However, if you feel Kerry should apologize, then I think he should apologize to all Republicans that are invovled in politics;not just President Bush!
    Remember, different isn't always better, but it is different.
    Keep things as simple as possible, but not too simple.
    Let your ears decide for you!

Quote Originally Posted by bturk667
    Why should he apologize?
    I don't think he should. He opened his mouth and is standing by his words. That's fine with me. At least it shows he can have a little consistency.

The BIG question for me is whether the "microphone leak" was accidental or planned. I think the whole thing was staged to gain support of the far-left-leaning Democrats like the disenchanted Dean voters and also to throw some raw meat to reporters. It certainly got a lot of free "air" time and probably was more effective than a couple million dollars dropped on a campaign commercial. It was a smart move...and I doubt that it was "accidental".

Click here to see my system.

Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff
    The BIG question for me is whether the "microphone leak" was accidental or planned. I think the whole thing was staged to gain support of the far-left-leaning Democrats like the disenchanted Dean voters and also to throw some raw meat to reporters. It certainly got a lot of free "air" time and probably was more effective than a couple million dollars dropped on a campaign commercial. It was a smart move...and I doubt that it was "accidental".
    I don't know - if it was staged, he played it off very well. I think you may just be giving him too much credit on this one. I don't think he's a good enough actor to make it look that accidental. But hey, who knows, you might be right.

Thread Information