Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Its SNOWING!

PC - LOL - Range Rovers can suck it. My Land Rover is way gnarlier a 4x4!

I got some more photos - we went to Owens Gorge to climb on Saturday but all we got was a warm up climb, than the snow started. You're all gonna love the photos and the view of the hike in and out. It is one of those hikes where, if you fall, you are either going to be in so much pain you wish you were dead, or you already are.

I took my wife down Owen's Gorge. We had planned to climb with a friend but we each only got a warm up climb in before it started snowing.

Here is a photo of us at the top, after the hike in/down/climb/hike up. It is one of those hikes where if you go over the trail, you'll most likely be going home in a casket.

Wifie was a total trooper this day. She even did a 70ft 5.6 climb that was a bit meandering and slick.

The trail down and in...

We saw a lot of awesome stuff - but I'm so going back to climb this crack in Pine Creek. I don't know how, when, or where I'm even going to be able to place protection - but I've def got a goal.

Anyways - it was an awesome trip. Once I get all the photos up on my P-blog I'll post a link for those who might be interested.

Adam,

WOW!
    Hugh Nguyen
    Angel City Audio
    Melody US Distributor

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar

Jehovah's Witnesses were right!!

Apparently the end of the world is in progress. Jehovah has seen fit to bury us alive in snow.

Where's Adam now?!? I expected him to fly in on a golden shovel and rescue us. Pfffft....

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Apparently the end of the world is in progress. Jehovah has seen fit to bury us alive in snow.

Where's Adam now?!? I expected him to fly in on a golden shovel and rescue us. Pfffft....
    ... and more to come today, Chad.

Charm Thai™
    ...I expected him to fly in on a golden shovel and rescue us. Pfffft....
    LOL!!!!

Drive in to work this morning was soooo slow.

Ahaem.......

We've only had one snow event. It was on my birthday. November 8th. We had 3 inches of slush. My guys took me out for lunch. There were 6 wrecks between our offices and the Snacker Barrell down on Route 4. Four of em were just spin-offs, but the remaining 2 were real crackups!!!! Tourists!!!!!

G-Man - That's story's pretty funny. I've seen various versions of it over the years but the funniest was from the viewpoint of a Jamaican immigrant who somehow moved to Colorado. There's nothing like the smell of Jamaican cuss words in the morning, smells like... victory.

Worf

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

I hear you guys really got walloped yesterday. We received about a foot of the white stuff overnight and it's still coming down. But it's a very soft powder so it's only a foot until you step on it, then it compresses down to just a couple of inches.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    We saw a lot of awesome stuff - but I'm so going back to climb this crack in Pine Creek. I don't know how, when, or where I'm even going to be able to place protection - but I've def got a goal.

I would just like to go on record saying that I think you're absolutely and totally INSANE!!!

(and that I love seeing your pictures so keep 'em coming).

When it's all said and done we will have 100+ cm. That's about 3.5 feet for you Yanks. So Worf, you best go somewhere with your 3 inches of slush. I welcome 3 inches of slush.

This pic is hard to decipher because everything just looks white, there's no sense of depth or height.

Why Jehovah?!!? Whyyyyyy? I even read a Watchtower once on the crapper, apparently not enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Its SNOWING!-dsc03809.jpg  

No show here yet. Well, it was snowing this morning, but all it did was make the edges of the grass line turn white. Nothing on the roads yet.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

It's official, the city is fully shut down. Tommorrrow too I'm sure. Just emergency services and such. Most employers have closed down and sent people home.

It's official, the city is fully shut down. Tommorrrow too I'm sure. Just emergency services and such. Most employers have closed down and sent people home.
    Well that sucks to have that much snow. Although I have an exam on Thursday and not enough free time this week to study properly, so I could really use a snow day to study. It's been snowing here all day, but it's light. There's not enough of it to shut anything down.

What kind of cars do you guys (& gals) drive up there?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Still drivin' the '02 Taurus Wagon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Its SNOWING!-b0000376.jpg  

Zambonis.

I've got a golden shovel ( actually funny you mention that - we gave a real (painted real) golden shovel to a friend of ours who does a lot of trail work in pacifica one year for his b-day or x-mas or something ) but even though I have one, figuratively speaking, i don't have a plane ticket... sorry.

it rained here - i was hoping for snow - but none in the forecast.

Charm Thai™
    When it's all said and done we will have 100+ cm. That's about 3.5 feet for you Yanks. So Worf, you best go somewhere with your 3 inches of slush. I welcome 3 inches of slush.

This pic is hard to decipher because everything just looks white, there's no sense of depth or height.

Why Jehovah?!!? Whyyyyyy? I even read a Watchtower once on the crapper, apparently not enough.
    Looks like Cleveland yesterday. Work let us all out early at 3:15 which was a welcomed surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    ...it rained here - i was hoping for snow - but none in the forecast.
    you are a sick man lol!
    Acura RSX w/Dunlop Winter Sport M3's...amaaaaazing winter tire.

Hey Charm who is that in your avatar? She's beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060
    Looks like Cleveland yesterday. Work let us all out early at 3:15 which was a welcomed surprise.

you are a sick man lol!

Acura RSX w/Dunlop Winter Sport M3's...amaaaaazing winter tire.
    Nice Acura. I had a CL 3.0 from 1997 till 2009. Great car.

still no snow at my level after the 1st batch. That should change - but for the time being - wifie and I - and others - are stuck in the mtns. The road got washed out. Hopefully it will get fixed sooner than later. The worst part of the storm is supposed to come on Wed. But there is a ski lift up this way that is dying for some customers - so I would hope they have some pull to get the road fixed.

FYI - I have a nice video of this on my FB - if you friend me you can see it.

Holy chit Adam!!! This makes up for your snowy ignorance, that's absolutely insane. Looks like the movie 2012. Hope you guys are safe!

Yowsers...

I tell my son quite often that H-20 IN ALL IT'S FORMS CAN KILL YOU DEAD.

Avalanche and ice can bury and crush you.

Water willl wash away you, your house your car etc...

Steam will make you lobster right quick.

Stay off the roads Adam and watch that hill behind your house. We've grown used to you and can't afford to lose you.

Worf....

PS Amazing photo dude.

Wow. That's crazy. I hope you have enough food and water to get by until the roads are open again...and that it's fixed soon. In the meantime, stay safe.

It looks like we're gonna get walloped tonight. We've had a few minor snowfalls here, 6-8inches at a time falling over long periods of time, so not a huge deal...nothing like Feanor and PoppaChubby have experienced in their neck of the woods. But all that is about to change. Enviroment Canada is calling for blizzard-like conditions starting tonight and going well into tomorrow. Could be a snow day tomorrow. I've already had two meetings cancelled in anticipation of people not being able to make it into work.

I'm thinking that this'll be a good opportunity to test out my new 4WD.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information