Inside Whitehouse HT room

Several sources note that while the first movie was shown in the White House in 1915, the theater wasnít actually built until 1942.

Unfortunately we donít know what equipment is actually installed in the theateróthatís confidential information. However we do know that the While House Family Theater includes a 3D projector and that it includes seats for 42 people. And unlimited peanut and popcorn

Family Theater 1958

Family Theater 2000. Most home theater experts would complain about the white walls, ceiling and seats.

Theater Today

Family-theater-2008:According to the photographer, the president sits in the third seat.

The Obamas 3D

Cool Homes: White House East Wing Home Theater, by Grant Clauser - Electronic House

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Several sources note that while the first movie was shown in the White House in 1915, the theater wasnít actually built until 1942.

Unfortunately we donít know what equipment is actually installed in the theateróthatís confidential information. However we do know that the While House Family Theater includes a 3D projector and that it includes seats for 42 people. And unlimited peanut and popcorn

Family Theater 1958

Family Theater 2000. Most home theater experts would complain about the white walls, ceiling and seats.

Theater Today

The Obamas 3D

That's interesting. Looks like the '58 chairs are still in use, having been reupholstered a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    That's interesting. Looks like the '58 chairs are still in use, having been reupholstered a few times.
    Maybe so, but I bet when Laura Bush moved in the White House, she probably got new HT seats as she was notorious for redecorating their new home.

jvc
    The White House: Great popcorn, bad surround sound......
    'Red Tails' White House Screening: What Watching A Movie With The President Is Like
    1080p Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP
    Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver
    Oppo BDP-83 blu ray player
    Polk Audio LSi9 front speakers
    Polk Audio LSiC center speaker
    Sony SS-MB100H rear speakers
    SVS PC12-NSD powered subwoofer
    Pioneer PL-514 turntable
    Logitech Harmony 628 Universal Remote

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Maybe so, but I bet when Laura Bush moved in the White House, she probably got new HT seats as she was notorious for redecorating their new home.

Yeah, those are different, but I'd say the Obamas got the old ones back reupholstered. The present incumbents seem to have kept the Bush dťcor otherwise though.

Forum Regular
    Man, that is just so cool.
    Though I must say, that white decor in 2000... not my cup of tea. I would not want to spill popcorn butter on them.

Thread Information