Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

idea - free ar.com NFL pools! any interest???

Hey, if I took the time to set one up online somewhere, say a survivor style and a pick-the-winner-vs-spread style, would anyone be interested?

No money, just bragging rights week-to-week...figure it would be a good way to follow the season together?

Lemme know! Fast!! I can have'em up tonight!

I'll play. Maybe Eric could swing a 10% coupon from someone for the winner?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I'll play. Maybe Eric could swing a 10% coupon from someone for the winner?
    Okay, me vs GM...sounds fun...any other NFL fans out there??? c'mon...

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Okay, me vs GM...sounds fun...any other NFL fans out there??? c'mon...
    Cool, 50/50 chance for me to win... uh...win... What was it I get again?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Yeah, the response is overwhelming, don't everyone reply all at once now...

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Commercial sports...

...is a waste IMHSHO, for various reasons...and gambling? I don't bet on things I'm not in some control over...but maybe a little 8-ball...

jimHJJ(...rack 'em...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Well, the idea was no money involved so it wouldn't be gamblin'...just a bit of ribbing between NFL buffs...I never bet on anything I don't stand at least a snowball's chance of winning.

But your continual optimism and refreshing positivity remain an inspiration...

Wait till I set up the "who-gets-killed-next-on-Lost-pool", then you'll be wantin a piece of the action...

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...maybe a little 8-ball...

jimHJJ(...rack 'em...)
    8-ball? We can do that. BCA or APA rules?

Would you...

Well, the idea was no money involved so it wouldn't be gamblin'...just a bit of ribbing between NFL buffs...I never bet on anything I don't stand at least a snowball's chance of winning.

But your continual optimism and refreshing positivity remain an inspiration...

Wait till I set up the "who-gets-killed-next-on-Lost-pool", then you'll be wantin a piece of the action...
    ...have it any other way? Since the thread seemed to be goin' nowhere, I thought I'd inject my infectious joie de vivre and stoke the coals a bit...

jimHJJ(...I don't know the difference between a football and a 9-iron...)

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

Actually...

8-ball? We can do that. BCA or APA rules?
    ...back room of the bar rules...See that 2lb. hammer hangin' on the wall?

jimHJJ(...haven't played in years and I do miss it sometimes...and the drinkin'...)

...back room of the bar rules...See that 2lb. hammer hangin' on the wall?

jimHJJ(...haven't played in years and I do miss it sometimes...and the drinkin'...)
    Seems like no two bars ever have the same rules. "Hey, you can't bank that ball..." I can't? But I did. Went right in.. I loose? Who wrote these rules? Oh, yeah, now I see them on the back of your napkin. I guess you win then.

I'll let you know when the house is ready and the table is being used again.

The place...

Seems like no two bars ever have the same rules. "Hey, you can't bank that ball..." I can't? But I did. Went right in.. I loose? Who wrote these rules? Oh, yeah, now I see them on the back of your napkin. I guess you win then.

I'll let you know when the house is ready and the table is being used again.
    ...of my mis-spent youth was OK and generally pretty much lax, combos (except on the 8)...your balls, his balls, banks, masse...Money breaks and don't scratch on the 8 was purty much it...

jimHJJ(...and of course there was shuffleboard and horse collar and .25 mugs of draught Schaefer and Rhinegold...)

...of my mis-spent youth was OK and generally pretty much lax, combos (except on the 8)...your balls, his balls, banks, masse...Money breaks and don't scratch on the 8 was purty much it...

jimHJJ(...and of course there was shuffleboard and horse collar and .25 mugs of draught Schaefer and Rhinegold...)
    I don't feel that playing pool is mis-spent time. In fact, my quote below is from a plague I have, "Time spent playing pool is not deducted from one's lifespan. So rack'em-up."
    I remember the 25 cent drafts. I'd buy one beer, put a quarter on the table and play for drinks. By the end of the night I'd be drunk as a skunk with extra cash.

Sorry for jacking your thread Kex. But at least it's getting some air time now. Can you play pool with your hand all bent up like that?

I don't feel that playing pool is mis-spent time. In fact, my quote below is from a plague I have, "Time spent playing pool is not deducted from one's lifespan. So rack'em-up."
    I remember the 25 cent drafts. I'd buy one beer, put a quarter on the table and play for drinks. By the end of the night I'd be drunk as a skunk with extra cash.

Sorry for jacking your thread Kex. But at least it's getting some air time now. Can you play pool with your hand all bent up like that?
    Actually, I probably could...the thumb, index and middle finger are reasonably mobile and could grip the bass of the stick, it'[d be tricky not catching the bulky finger casts on the table edge though...

I sound terrible on my piano, but can still practice cello. Guitar just isn't doable...Doctor tells me I'm healing at a Wolverine like pace though...can't wait, hockey season starts in a few weeks...

As for jacking the thread - probably saved me some face - at least it appears to outsiders I dug up some action...ahh well...

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    G,
    I was pretty excited about a housewarming party until I found out you have the plague

Kexo,
    I'll participate in a law abidin', non gamblin' pool (no Treasury Dept. participation,please).
    NFL if necessary, but I'd throw down on hockey too...

Cheers
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    my quote below is from a plague I have
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    G,
    I was pretty excited about a housewarming party until I found out you have the plague
    ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

I'm totally in on the Lost pool! As for Football, nah. I hate watching football, but I used to be in a football pool at work. I won it twice one year. My system was to flip a coin. Heads was the home team, tails was visitors. It really pissed off the guys in the pool who followed football religiously and couldn't even come close to a winning week.

Now a hockey pool or a lacrosse pool would be a different story. I'd totally be into either of those.

Any Lacrosse fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    G,

Cheers
    LOL. Maybe G. is building himself a quarantine house.

Peace

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

It keeps away the unwelcome visitors when I'm trying to watch my movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

Any Lacrosse fans here?
    Friggin' right - Typically cheer for the Roughnecks, but only cause the Rush are so bad...I lived in Edmonton a few years, the only town I've lived in besides Denver with a team!!!

Besides, the "Tom Sawyer" entrance music is wicked! How can you not like the Rush???

Friggin' right - Typically cheer for the Roughnecks, but only cause the Rush are so bad...I lived in Edmonton a few years, the only town I've lived in besides Denver with a team!!!

Besides, the "Tom Sawyer" entrance music is wicked! How can you not like the Rush???
    YEAH BABY!

Finally a lacrosse fan on this site! You don't know how hard I've tried to turn some of my American mates onto this sport. Even in cities with teams, they just aren't interested.

Calgary is a great team. I loved that they won the Champions Cup in '04. So the Rush open their games with Tom Sawyer? I didn't know that. That would be enough to make me a Rush fan. Lacrosse that is. I'm already a Rush fan musically.

My heart is with the Rock of course. This will be our fourth year as season ticket holders. With five championship wins in seven years ('99 - '05), this team Rocks, literally. We had a bad start last year, but with Glen Clark taking the lead as Head Coach this season, it should be a good one.

And with new teams in Chicago and New York and live Saturday night TV coverage on OLN this year, the popularity of this sport can only grow.

I just hope that growth doesn't mean increased ticket prices. I can get a full season of lacrosse for the same cost as only one Leafs ticket.

YEAH BABY!

Finally a lacrosse fan on this site! You don't know how hard I've tried to turn some of my American mates onto this sport. Even in cities with teams, they just aren't interested.

Calgary is a great team. I loved that they won the Champions Cup in '04. So the Rush open their games with Tom Sawyer? I didn't know that. That would be enough to make me a Rush fan. Lacrosse that is. I'm already a Rush fan musically.

My heart is with the Rock of course. This will be our fourth year as season ticket holders. With five championship wins in seven years ('99 - '05), this team Rocks, literally. We had a bad start last year, but with Glen Clark taking the lead as Head Coach this season, it should be a good one.

And with new teams in Chicago and New York and live Saturday night TV coverage on OLN this year, the popularity of this sport can only grow.

I just hope that growth doesn't mean increased ticket prices. I can get a full season of lacrosse for the same cost as only one Leafs ticket.
    Yeah, but who really pays money to watch the Leafs? Our office hear in NB holds 4 season tickets, we use for perks and tax write-offs as far as I know - you should take the 401 east, then run up Highway 7 to see some real hockey played.

But yeah, I do like the Rock, they're pretty awesome, and very well managed...year after year. Time for a cooler jersey though.

Dunno if they Rush play Tom Sawyer every game, but I definitely caufght it last year twice. They play a few Rush tunes throughout the game, suits me fine...

Chicago named their team the Shamrox, when does NY reveal theirs?

Yeah, but who really pays money to watch the Leafs? Our office hear in NB holds 4 season tickets, we use for perks and tax write-offs as far as I know - you should take the 401 east, then run up Highway 7 to see some real hockey played.

But yeah, I do like the Rock, they're pretty awesome, and very well managed...year after year. Time for a cooler jersey though.

Dunno if they Rush play Tom Sawyer every game, but I definitely caufght it last year twice. They play a few Rush tunes throughout the game, suits me fine...

Chicago named their team the Shamrox, when does NY reveal theirs?
    According the the New York team's web site they will be announcing the name....."shortly".

Your NB office has Leafs tickets? No wonder every friggin game is sold out and the ordinary fans like us can't get seats. We talked about driving to Ottawa for a Leafs game this year. Seems like that's the only way to see our team in person.

You know, if you ever have a couple of seats that you just can't get rid of, I'd be happy to take them off your hands for you. I'd even pay for them.

As for the Rock jerseys, the best jersey's that they had were the first year. The logo was the CN Tower leaning over and playing a guitar. Totally cool. Don't know why they changed it. And for music, you gotta love Helix. GIMME AN R! GIMME AN O! etc.

As much as I hate winter. I love lacrosse season!!!!!

According the the New York team's web site they will be announcing the name....."shortly".

Your NB office has Leafs tickets? No wonder every friggin game is sold out and the ordinary fans like us can't get seats. We talked about driving to Ottawa for a Leafs game this year. Seems like that's the only way to see our team in person.

You know, if you ever have a couple of seats that you just can't get rid of, I'd be happy to take them off your hands for you. I'd even pay for them.
    We visit TO a lot to meet a lot of company execs of firms we hold in our portfolio...It use to be they would take people like me to Leafs games, but soft dollar crooks put an end to a lot of that...I can't sell you any, but I've never gone to a game and not been approached by scalpers. Too expensive for the Leafs though. I see Sens games for $40 or less on average, Thrashers games for $30 or less. Sometimes under $20 and in modern arenas, even the cheap seats aren't far from the ice.

I'm totally in on the Lost pool! As for Football, nah. I hate watching football, but I used to be in a football pool at work. I won it twice one year. My system was to flip a coin. Heads was the home team, tails was visitors. It really pissed off the guys in the pool who followed football religiously and couldn't even come close to a winning week.
    Kinda like whenever the Wall Street Journal would pit the professional fund managers against the dartboard. I seem to recall that the dartboard won on a few occasions.

I've won my office's NCAA basketball tourney pool two years in a row, but the year before, our admin staffer won and she knew nothing about any of the teams in the tourney.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information