Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    cam
    Thank god those stinkin no good rotten ought to be tossed out of the NHL stinkin leafs are done. If I had to listen to another stinkin leaf fan for another round I would have puked. When J.R. scored that winner I was jumping around like my team had just won the cup. My favorite team are the Vancouver Canucks, my second favorite team is whoever is playing those stinkin leafs. If the leafs would have won that game after being down 2 goals with 1 period left I'm sure I would have sucker punched someone, maybe a leaf fan.

Forum Regular
    Looks like my prediction was off. Calgary advances. Lightning lead 3 - 2 and I don't see the Flyers winning the last two games. They looked like they were losing hope of winning this series in game 5. I'm now assuming it will be a Flames/Lightning Stanley Cup final that could easily go six or seven games. Still gotta go with the home team as Stanley needs a tan.

Forum Regular
    Bolts/Flames Finals. Wow! Watched game 7 in the plaza at the St. Pete Times Forum. Here's hoping Tampa wins it in five as I have tickets to that game! Even after I bought the tickets I was telling my girlfriend, "I can't believe I just spent $200 for two tickets." With any luck, I'll be able to hit both game one and two as well.

Forum Regular

Good luck to your Bolts

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Bolts/Flames Finals. Wow! Watched game 7 in the plaza at the St. Pete Times Forum. Here's hoping Tampa wins it in five as I have tickets to that game! Even after I bought the tickets I was telling my girlfriend, "I can't believe I just spent $200 for two tickets." With any luck, I'll be able to hit both game one and two as well.
    I hope they beat the Flames. My Flyers let me down, just like my Eagles did in January, and my Phillies will probably do in October. It's tough being a Philly Fan. At least our teams are good now, just not good enough. This one didn't hurt as much as losing to the Bucs did, because I could see it coming. I told my friend Larry, who went to game 6, that I thought the Flyers had enough in the tank to win one more game, but that's all. How about the Conn Smyth for Keith Primeau? He was incredible, a one man show.

Eventually that Pitkanen for Fedetenko trade may help my Flyers, but it sure killed us in this series.

Go Lightning!

Forum Regular
    With the Leaf fans behind 'em, we'll be marching down Yonge Street next summer while you are boarding up the windows of your trailer home hoping Hurricane Helga doesn't destroy your park.
    Doesn't that make your little flag-waving brainwashed a$$ happy. OOOOOOH, the Lightning are first in the Conference. What are we going to do? Well let's see if a team from Florida actually does something other than get eliminated from the playoffs. As for the Leafs, fear the wrath of Belfour and Mogilny, white bread.
    ........The bolts are doing well now only because they have no pressure on them. They are not expected to win and they know it. Once the playoffs come about they will fall apart.
    And that, as they say, is that. The Tampa Bay Lightning have won the Stanley Cup! Congrats to the Flames for going as far as they did. The power play towards the end where they scored their goal never should have been called but they rightfully deserved to be in the finals. Now, if only they could find a way to win at home ... ;^) Until next season!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    And that, as they say, is that. The Tampa Bay Lightning have won the Stanley Cup! Congrats to the Flames for going as far as they did. The power play towards the end where they scored their goal never should have been called but they rightfully deserved to be in the finals. Now, if only they could find a way to win at home ... ;^) Until next season!

If there is a next season. Congrats to your Lightning.

I find it strange that you mention the questionable call, as I saw quite a few questionable calls going both ways, and Tampa Bay's power play won the series, as it did the previous series'. So if the refs weren't making calls, questionable or not, the Bolts may not have the Cup right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information