Happy Winter Solstice

Tonight-on the eve 20th and 21th of December-is longest and darkest night of year. In many cultures is celebrated in the memory of the victory of light over darkness, as tommorow days will get longer and nights shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Tonight-on the eve 20th and 21th of December-is longest and darkest night of year. In many cultures is celebrated in the memory of the victory of light over darkness, as tommorow days will get longer and nights shorter.
    I'm confident it will be happy despite the end of the current Mayan "baktun" of 144,000 days that began on August 11, 3114 BC -- misconstrued by some to be the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    I'm confident it will be happy despite the end of the current Mayan "baktun" of 144,000 days that began on August 11, 3114 BC -- misconstrued by some to be the end of the world.
    That remind me of a joke I heard: If Mayan were good predictors, then why they didn't predict their own demise

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    To be more precise, August 11, 3114 BC was the beginning not of the current baktun, but of the current cycle of 13 baktuns which is ending today.

That remind me of a joke I heard: If Mayan were good predictors, then why they didn't predict their own demise
    Latest research suggests that the big factor was climate change, (a century-long drought at least), combined with popular reaction to leaders who were supposed to get the Gods to bring rain but failed, and inter-city warfare.

Is there a lesson to be learned by today's leaders and citizens? Yes: will it be learned? Likely not.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    The Winter Solstice the reason for the season. Christmas should be September 15th which is the date of Jeus' birth. He was born the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles in 5 BC. A monk made an error in calculations as to the year.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    The Winter Solstice the reason for the season. Christmas should be September 15th which is the date of Jeus' birth. He was born the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles in 5 BC. A monk made an error in calculations as to the year.
    Its all good

Anytime we get a chance to get away from work for few days and spend it with family and friends is cause for celebration no matter who's birthday it is or might not be.

BTW.....

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Bring on the light!
    I am already tired of going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark......

Thread Information