Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Golf season is starting!!!

The ten feet of snow are long gone and the links open this weekend. You'll find me on the Fairways throwing clubs and swearing like a sailer this weekend.

YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Suspended
    When I have insomnia, I watch the Golf channel. Does the trick everytime.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Say hi to Mats and Vesa for me if you run into them....

I'll be on the links in Florida this Monday morning. I play once a year (even though I don't own clubs). My dad plays 3 or 4 times a week. You should see how mad he gets when I beat him with his own clubs.

I'm with you Rich. Watching golf is like watching paint dry on a rainy day.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

FWIW I can't watch golf either. It bores me to tears to watch. Hubby loves to watch it! That's why we have more than one TV.

But I enjoy playing.

Suspended
    About five years ago my supervisor and manager organized a "Golf... What's the Deal?" outing at a city owned golf course for our team here at work. It was loads of fun but that's because we weren't in competition, although prizes were handed out for people who met particular "milestones", so to speak. It just so happened that the event was on my birthday, and true to my bosses nature and knowing my reputation, he had the cute young roving beer girl bring me a beer, sing happy birthday to me then give me a hug. I had only been with the company a few months (yes, my reputation preceeds me by miles ) so needless to say I was quite embarrased. I must admit my putter was on fire from that point on!

I have to say though, golf courses look stunning in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    About five years ago my supervisor and manager organized a "Golf... What's the Deal?" outing at a city owned golf course for our team here at work. It was loads of fun but that's because we weren't in competition, although prizes were handed out for people who met particular "milestones", so to speak. It just so happened that the event was on my birthday, and true to my bosses nature and knowing my reputation, he had the cute young roving beer girl bring me a beer, sing happy birthday to me then give me a hug. I had only been with the company a few months (yes, my reputation preceeds me by miles ) so needless to say I was quite embarrased. I must admit my putter was on fire from that point on!

I have to say though, golf courses look stunning in HD.
    Oh! I see now. This post was from Rich. As I was reading it, I was thinking that it was from FA for some reason. As I got about half way I was getting shocked. Beer, sure. Cute gitl? Huh? But but... Oh. It's just that Rich guy.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

One of my best friends, who is female, would be all about the cute girl.

I can appreciate a cute girl...not sure I want a hug from one though.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Seeing Mats on the course....as Rich put it...my putter would be on fire!

But what a way to throw my game off!

A hug from a cute girl wouldn't hurt anyone.

Suspended
    FA, if you have a putter you can take me off your list of husband replacement prospects.

JM might be interested though...

FA, if you have a putter you can take me off your list of husband replacement prospects.

How do you think she knocks her balls into the holes?
    And who put you on her list?

Leave JM out of this. He's mine!

Suspended
    If you're concerned about who put me on her list, then tell me to leave JM alone, that makes you a two-timer pal, so forget about that loan for the amp!

No redheads for you then.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    The ten feet of snow are long gone and the links open this weekend. You'll find me on the Fairways throwing clubs and swearing like a sailer this weekend.

YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    Enjoy! I commit the high crime of not always taking advantage of the fact I live across the street from a private course and merely need to ride the old cart over. No tee times required. It's nice to be able to just cruise over and play a few holes.

The weather here in central AR is wonderful this weekend. The challenge is splitting time between taking the motorcycle out for a nice ride and playing golf.

rw

I'm happy to report that there is no list of "husband replacement prospects" required at this time.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    No redheads for you then.
    SH!T!!! Why the HELL do I always do that?!?!?!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Nice.

Who's in Michigan? Stone, Slumpy? Hey if anyone gets near Heritage Glen there's a set of Clevelands (sans the sandwedge) in the drink at the 16th. They're all yours.

NP:
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Suspended
    Clevelands? Would they be YOUR Clevelands Sticky?

He he snicker snicker.

Clevelands? Would they be YOUR Clevelands Sticky?.
    Jah, though clearly not anymore.

Can't really go too deeply into it for obvious reasons but the essential components include a drug dealer's girlfriend, a place called The Mermaid Lounge, a meat packing plant, ominous and threatening phone calls at all hours of the day and night, a variety of handguns and a lot of schlagger. I think one of the carts went in the water too.

I'm not really welcome there anymore.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Alterum ictum faciam

Okay, yesterday I was a golfer and I'm learning alot about this game. I'ts not just a game for the idle rich and the dead and dying, although there's a lot of that too. Apparently it's free if you're a cop and if you declare the day for "charity" anyone can contribute and make a mockery of even the most solidly traditional private course...Bushwood for a new century.

Though involving a pendulum-like motion a proper golf swing is not like a slapshot; that can lead to trouble. At one point I think I hit someone's house, though I feel it wasn't totally my fault and, frankly, why you would put a perfectly good house that close to a green I don't know.

Also, I don't think you're supposed to fight on the course but even that rule seemed to be called into question. The foursome in front of us came just sort of pulling out protractors and compasses on several occasions and had us backed up pretty severely. I was confident we could've gotten away with a friendly scrum but was advised against it.

Th "Knob Creek" hole didn't help this, or any other, situation.

I seem to have a natural affinity for the game and have no problem launching straight-as-an-arrow shots with some consistency. On a few occasions, in an attempt to not create divits, I topped the ball but the bigger issue seems to be learning which club to use in which situation...hence the house issue...and, again, it just seems like common sense, but if were going to put a house in that area I certainly wouldn't have so many picture windows.

I definetely like the new "Body Armour" and Nike breathable golf shirts. Comfortable into the upper nineties with high humidity, I suspect these would look properly bourgeois with some ratty cargo shorts and flip-flops on those suit and tieless summer afternoons. This may be my fashion statement for the summer if I can find any with goth band logos...maybe I'll just have the word "Eskimo" silkscreened ona few...

sticks (up at three a.m. with sunburned skin bubbling like a sarin gas victim)

Addendum: If you're playing in a best ball tourney I highly recommend involving as many lesbians as possible. Not the "stilleto" or "lipstick" variety, I'm talking mastadons. The ladies' tees were a solid 150 yards ahead of the men's. If you can get a gal that can knock the biscuit 230 or 250 off the tee that leads to some great second-shot opportunities. Just sayin'...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Okay, yesterday I was a golfer and I'm learning alot about this game. I'ts not just a game for the idle rich and the dead and dying, although there's a lot of that too. Apparently it's free if you're a cop and if you declare the day for "charity" anyone can contribute and make a mockery of even the most solidly traditional private course...Bushwood for a new century.
    So... you're a cop, Officer Sticky? (He he snicker snicker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofc. Sticky
    Though involving a pendulum-like motion a proper golf swing is not like a slapshot; that can lead to trouble. At one point I think I hit someone's house, though I feel it wasn't totally my fault and, frankly, why you would put a perfectly good house that close to a green I don't know.
    On the TV news down here not too long ago, it was reported that a homeowner was cited by the city for putting up a net in an attempt to stop golf balls from hitting her house. She was told it was too high and she'd have to take it down. The question is, why did she buy a house on a golf course in the first place? And I'll bet the relatively small amount of damage the ball causes when it breaks a window and such isn't covered by her homeowners insurance either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofc. Sticky
    Also, I don't think you're supposed to fight on the course but even that rule seemed to be called into question. The foursome in front of us came just sort of pulling out protractors and compasses on several occasions and had us backed up pretty severely. I was confident we could've gotten away with a friendly scrum but was advised against it.

Th "Knob Creek" hole didn't help this, or any other, situation.

I seem to have a natural affinity for the game and have no problem launching straight-as-an-arrow shots with some consistency. On a few occasions, in an attempt to not create divits, I topped the ball but the bigger issue seems to be learning which club to use in which situation...hence the house issue...and, again, it just seems like common sense, but if were going to put a house in that area I certainly wouldn't have so many picture windows.

I definetely like the new "Body Armour" and Nike breathable golf shirts. Comfortable into the upper nineties with high humidity, I suspect these would look properly bourgeois with some ratty cargo shorts and flip-flops on those suit and tieless summer afternoons. This may be my fashion statement for the summer if I can find any with goth band logos...maybe I'll just have the word "Eskimo" silkscreened ona few...

sticks (up at three a.m. with sunburned skin bubbling like a sarin gas victim)

Addendum: If you're playing in a best ball tourney I highly recommend involving as many lesbians as possible. Not the "stilleto" or "lipstick" variety, I'm talking mastadons. The ladies' tees were a solid 150 yards ahead of the men's. If you can get a gal that can knock the biscuit 230 or 250 off the tee that leads to some great second-shot opportunities. Just sayin'...
    Great. Just what the world needs. Another hacker bustin' up people's homes. As if the industry wasn't already in bad shape.

Sticks, that post made me laugh so hard that I decided to forward it to my golf-addict husband.

I've always wondered about the whole house on the golf course thing. Not only is it a really dumb idea, but people pay huge freakin amounts of money for the privilege of having their house pummeled with golf balls. As far as I'm concerned they're great for target practice and are fair game. I always aim for the sun umbrella sticking out of the patio table, myself. A good quality umbrella will actually catapult the ball pretty far.

Suspended
    Looks like sticks slept through the morning and into the afternoon as well.

Looks like sticks slept through the morning and into the afternoon as well.
    Nah, I do work go to work you know...often I work while I'm there too.

...on a rare serious note the higher I go with this company the more PR adn community involvement I have and it has been a big adjustment to have a "non adversarial" relationship with them boys in blue.

Glad you got a laugh Autumn, although you'd have laughed alot harder if you were there. Next time I'll have it taped and send it out as a comp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information