Effin' Disney MUST DIE!!!!!!!

I almost ran off the road yesterday when I heard the news on the radio. No, war hadn't declared (can't remember the last time it actually was), nobody of import had been shot at and Michael Jackson hadn't risen from the grave. No the news that upset me was word from Hollywood that Disney had just bought Marvel Comics lock, stock and barrell for 4 Billion Dollars.

Now, you've got to understand, I've read Marvel Comics since there's been a Marvel Comics. I'm a card carrying member of The Merry Marvel Marching Society, I don't own ANY DC Comics cept' "The Watchmen" and that books British. God, the thought of Spidey, The Hulk, Capt. America and the X-Men in the hands of Da MOUSE!!! It makes me wanna puke.

Why such fear? I remember what 42nd and Times Square used to be like before Disney and City Hall made it safe for tourists... Pheh... I'll commit homocide first!!!!!

Da Worfster

Don't hold back so much Worf. It's bad for you. Tell us how you really feel.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Fight the good fight, Worf!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    That's just wrong!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I wonder what will become of Universal Florida's Marvel themed rides and resturant. Does that mean Disney aquired the movie franchises too?
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

What's next? A Superheroes Sing-a-long? Batman on Broadway? Oh, the DISGRACE!!!!!
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    I'm a card carrying member of The Merry Marvel Marching Society,

Da Worfster
    If you ever utter these words again, I will come to Troy, New York and kick you square in the nuts, then bag you up and send off for a audition for the token black nerd guy on the CBS show "Big Bang Theroy" Its been awhile since your last slip up, but I'm starting to wonder???????

lol
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    I almost ran off the road yesterday when I heard the news on the radio. No, war hadn't declared (can't remember the last time it actually was), nobody of import had been shot at and Michael Jackson hadn't risen from the grave. No the news that upset me was word from Hollywood that Disney had just bought Marvel Comics lock, stock and barrell for 4 Billion Dollars.
    Dude, if you kill Disney I would become unemployed and I would have to kick you in the nutz, bag you up, and take you to my place to watch the film Snow White and the Seven Iron Men.

Keep in mind, Disney bought Pixar as well, and that didn't change their direction or the quality of the films they make. It just gave them more operating capital, and gave Disney another revenue source (and boy did it!)

If Stan is as smart as I think he is, he will pull a John Lassiter and demand that Disney keep their hands out of their movies. This purchase is more for access to the characters for marketing reasons. It adds to the revenue that comes from products made after movies are produced. Now day, that is where the real money is made. From what I understand the Marvel is structured just like the Pixar deal - Disney will leave Marvels operations alone and collect the profit.

Now, you've got to understand, I've read Marvel Comics since there's been a Marvel Comics. I'm a card carrying member of The Merry Marvel Marching Society, I don't own ANY DC Comics cept' "The Watchmen" and that books British. God, the thought of Spidey, The Hulk, Capt. America and the X-Men in the hands of Da MOUSE!!! It makes me wanna puke.
    No need to spew, Disney will not screw with success, that is for sure. They are just looking for more revenue streams.

Why such fear? I remember what 42nd and Times Square used to be like before Disney and City Hall made it safe for tourists... Pheh... I'll commit homocide first!!!!!

Da Worfster
    I prefer the Disney version of 42 and Broadway myself. I hated walking there were drug dealers asked me if I wanted some crack. Or dem burnt out ho's asking if this thirteen year old wanted a piece. I prefer the choice of wearing rings and chains, instead of having my fingers cut off to get to my ring, or my chain snatched from my neck. My memories are not as pleasant as yours.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    I wonder what will become of Universal Florida's Marvel themed rides and resturant. Does that mean Disney aquired the movie franchises too?
    They aquired all of Marvel, movie franchises and all. Now they don't have to pay licensing fee's to Marvel for their themed rides and restaurants, they own it.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    No, no no no no no no no no no no NO Goddammit NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sob!!!!!

I'm inconsolable.

I wonder if there will be Mouseketeer comics.

Wha....

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone
    If you ever utter these words again, I will come to Troy, New York and kick you square in the nuts, then bag you up and send off for a audition for the token black nerd guy on the CBS show "Big Bang Theroy" Its been awhile since your last slip up, but I'm starting to wonder???????

lol
    I couldn't help myself... Comics=crack back in the day. LOL, everybody's got a little closet nerd in em.

Da "don't hate da playa... hate da game" Worfster

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    I prefer the Disney version of 42 and Broadway myself. I hated walking there were drug dealers asked me if I wanted some crack. Or dem burnt out ho's asking if this thirteen year old wanted a piece. I prefer the choice of wearing rings and chains, instead of having my fingers cut off to get to my ring, or my chain snatched from my neck. My memories are not as pleasant as yours.
    I don't know, there was something "magical" about being a pubescent young boy and walking through that sleasze and filth in an effort to get one's own virginity lost. I always went down there prepared for trouble cause I know it existed there that was part of the thrill. Every "great" city in history has had it's "Forty Deuce", why shouldn't New York? Who says sanitized and safe is "superior" in all instances? Not me.

Da Worfster

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    Or Mouseketeer Superhero movies!

Yeah...Just don't put me in a spook house full of Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Swamp Thing, et al. arm in arm singing "It's a Small World"....

When does the first cross tune/commic movie come out? Can you see Spidy getting directions from the duck?

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Yeah...Just don't put me in a spook house full of Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Swamp Thing, et al. arm in arm singing "It's a Small World"....
    uummm...thems DC characters and Disney can hav'em
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I can't wait for the next X-Men movie where they find themselves lost in Neverland, and join forces with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys to fight Captain Hook and Magneto...
    Will Wendy respond to Gambit's sexual advances, and can Rogue absorb Tink's fairy dust power to give all the X-men the power of flight?

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    After I made that Captain Mouse thingy, I found some more...

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Thanks for the new avatar!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    I tried to start this thread in the General Audio section. No one responded, looks like I had it wrong. Ya Worf, I fully feel ya on this topic. As a kid I read comics and collected them by the armfull. The reason for that was because I didn't want to be a part of things like Disney and Snow White, etc. As a grown man, I have no comics or stake in Marvel. But hearing that news brought back the sweet memories of childhood, I hope that kids from this point out will be able to have the same.

Mickey can be a real tempestuous, son of a *****...

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I can't wait for the next X-Men movie where they find themselves lost in Neverland, and join forces with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys to fight Captain Hook and Magneto...
    Will Wendy respond to Gambit's sexual advances, and can Rogue absorb Tink's fairy dust power to give all the X-men the power of flight?

hahahahaha, not a movie I'll be looking forward to. They already botch the comic book movies as it is...Wendy and Gambit...lol...too much

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    I clearly remember comics featuring Goofy and Donald Duck. However, these were the "ghetto" comics if your moms didn't supply you with enough capital to buy something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Dude, if you kill Disney I would become unemployed and I would have to kick you in the nutz, bag you up, and take you to my place to watch the film Snow White and the Seven Iron Men.

Keep in mind, Disney bought Pixar as well, and that didn't change their direction or the quality of the films they make. It just gave them more operating capital, and gave Disney another revenue source (and boy did it!)

If Stan is as smart as I think he is, he will pull a John Lassiter and demand that Disney keep their hands out of their movies. This purchase is more for access to the characters for marketing reasons. It adds to the revenue that comes from products made after movies are produced. Now day, that is where the real money is made. From what I understand the Marvel is structured just like the Pixar deal - Disney will leave Marvels operations alone and collect the profit.

No need to spew, Disney will not screw with success, that is for sure. They are just looking for more revenue streams.

As much as I hate Disney and their Celebration, FLA antics I have to agree with Terrence on this. My aunt lives in the Bronx and we used to go down to visit twice a year. Early 80's was a bad time in NYC and I remember some crazy stuff, but ya Times Square used to be a real pit of snakes. Giulliani used the capital of corporations to help clean it up instead of his taxpayers, now its a tourist mecca where everyone can enjoy, not just glue sniffers and prostitutes.

Thread Information