Thread: Something funny

Chicago IL

Smile Something funny

I saw a guy was selling on craigslist Sony tower floor speakers on a very good price and very close to me! He had at the add that I can text or call him! I texted him and I asked how the foam is on the speakers because I know that most of the sony speakers after couple of years the foam gets bad. He texted me back that the speakers sound good! I texted him again asking about how the foam is and the guy texted me that the speakers have never been around water and there is no foam around them! I started laughing and that was so funny! I texted him back that I am asking for the speaker foam and he said he knows what foam and not to bother him with bs questions!

Seems that not everyone knows what speaker foam is!!!

What seems basic to us is not even suspected by the muggles.

You'll learn that most people in this world don't give a hoot about audio and know even less.

What's basic audio knowledge to you (and us) may never have been suspected by him.

You may find that he knows a hackuva lot about his area of expertise and expecting you to converse on his level about it would be unrealistic.

Maybe the "surrounds" on his speakers were made of rubber and since he didn't see any "foam"..............
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    I have done alright obtaining a few speakers where people did not understand that speakers with "foam rot" can easily be repaired. I vote to keep the masses ignorant on the nature of foam and speakers......

Thread Information