Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Buns are for sissies!

Instead of the Double Down, I think KFC should have named this the Double Bypass.

KFC set to unleash bunless Double Down sandwich on America

Wed Apr 7, 1:19 PM

Michael Bolen
    Yahoo! Canada

First there was the Double Big Mac. Then came the Baconator. Now KFC is triumphantly laying claim to the World's meatiest and - in our opinion - most nutritionally-challenged sandwich. Their recipe? Two strips of bacon, two slices of cheese and a healthy dollop of the Colonel's Sauce all sandwiched between (insert drum roll please) two thick and juicy filets of deep-fried chicken.

That's right, this sandwich is so serious it doesn't need a bun. But don't think the lack of carbs means this sandwich will be slimming.

Weighing in at 540 calories the fast-food innovation packs 32g of fat and nearly 1400mg of sodium. Too be fair, that's barely half of the Baconator's 970 calories and 60g of fat, but what the Double Down lacks in calories it makes up for in sheer audacity. To sandwich three types of fat between two slabs of fat required an almost heroic disregard for the current trend toward healthy eating. That said, KFC isn't trying to market this artery-clogger to the health conscious.

The ad for the Double Down features hungry young men complaining about the lack of filling fast-food fare on the market - as if longing for a new chicken champion. The product was originally tested on a select midwestern audience - so the fast food purveyor clearly isn't expecting to find fans amongst the L.A. hot yoga crowd. But for those who do want to try the new creation, but lack the requisite death wish, KFC is offering a grilled version.

If you're wondering how one goes about consuming the double down, have no fear, KFC has thought of everything. Both versions come lovingly wrapped in a paper sheath. Not everybody, however, is concerned with making the sandwich easy to eat. Some adventurous fast foodies have already begun experimenting with the bunless burger. Behold: the Double Double Down.

In an attempt to garner goodwill ahead of the Sandwich's April 12 U.S. release, KFC is donating "unneeded" buns to food banks around the nation. Although this seems dangerously reminiscent of donating muffin stumps, it would probably be even more vindictive to force the actual sandwich upon America's homeless and hungry. Unfortunately, there is still no word on whether the Double Down is coming to Canada, but considering the hype it seems likely we won't have to wait long.

Regardless of the danger the Double Down poses to our arterial well-being, the sandwich is generating unprecedented buzz on both sides of the border. KFC doesn't usually advertise a product ahead of release, but the fast-food giant made an exception because it wanted "fans to have time to arrange their schedules in advance" in order to try the "legendary sandwich." And while the "legendary" moniker may be a bit hasty, it does seem safe to say that this culinary trailblazer will be sparking conversation, and indigestion, for months to come.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Give me El Pollo Loco any day of the week over KFC. The chicken is more healthy for you, and it taste better as well.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Great! Now I'm hungry. (Not that I'm saying that there is anything wrong with Hungary, or their prison system)
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Buns are for sissies but...............oh so many directions my humor could go.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    I think no bread is what's getting the attention. Although this may not be on weight watchers the fat content is comparatively low when comparing it to the burger competition. It's high protein to be sure. 500 calories is about as much as a piece of chocolate cake and certain deep pan pizza is even higher. A woman can eat three of these a day and still be on her recommended calorie count. Of course, you couldn't eat much else that day unless grape fruit or celery which are negative calories. Well..... one probably doesn't desire 96 grams of fat though. Now if they took this thing and threw it in their pot pie and smuthered it in gravy..... then you'd have a damn good meal.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    First there was the Double Big Mac. Then came the Baconator. Now KFC is triumphantly laying claim to the World's meatiest and - in our opinion - most nutritionally-challenged sandwich. Their recipe? Two strips of bacon, two slices of cheese and a healthy dollop of the Colonel's Sauce all sandwiched between (insert drum roll please) two thick and juicy filets of deep-fried chicken.
    Good thing they waited for health reform bill to pass before they debut this sandwich

Bwa ha ha ha ha....

This is the FUNNIEST thread I've read in weeks. I'm dying here! FA you slay me!!! Leave it to you to find this mess on the net!!!!! ROTFLMBBAO!!!!

Of course, thanks to you, you, you nurblet, I'll be first in line to sample one of these triple by-pass inducing heart stoppers!!!!! Makes me ask, who's worse, the man that invents the drug or the "innocent" bystander that tells you to go try it?

Laughin' all the way to difibulation...

Worf

Thread Information