Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Forum Regular audio amateur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,523

    Bugatti incident

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE

    This could be the same incident pointed out on another thread not that long ago. How crazy is it that it would be caught on video right at that moment? We're talking about the fastest production car...
    Personally I've yet to see one on the road. Have any of you?

  2. #2
    Sure, sure... Auricauricle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yonder
    Posts
    2,886
    The wages of the swim...are terrible, swift, and just...awful!

  3. #3
    Forum Regular audio amateur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,523
    Sorry, didn't get that at all Auri , care to explain?

  4. #4
    Phila combat zone JoeE SP9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,710
    Think of "The wages of sin".
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

  5. #5
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE

    This could be the same incident pointed out on another thread not that long ago. How crazy is it that it would be caught on video right at that moment? We're talking about the fastest production car...
    Personally I've yet to see one on the road. Have any of you?
    That video screams of publicity stunt to me.

  6. #6
    Forum Regular audio amateur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That video screams of publicity stunt to me.
    Publicity stunt? For what purpose? It looks pretty real to me... That car is worth over a million dollars, and there aren't that many of them.

  7. #7
    Sure, sure... Auricauricle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yonder
    Posts
    2,886
    Thanks, JoeE....FWIW, I'm getting the National Lame-Ass Award next week....

  8. #8
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Publicity stunt? For what purpose? It looks pretty real to me... That car is worth over a million dollars, and there aren't that many of them.
    I don't know. I just get very cynical when I see this kind of stuff. First the pictures of the guy getting out of the water, then this video shows up. Seems pretty good quality to me. Better than the average cell phone and not very shaky for a handheld in a moving car.

    Remember that video of the chick freaking out before her wedding and chopping off all her hair? It went viral. Caused a big stir. Then it turned out to be a fake sponsored by a shampoo company that was never mentioned in the actual video.

    I'm just saying...

  9. #9
    Forum Regular audio amateur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I don't know. I just get very cynical when I see this kind of stuff. First the pictures of the guy getting out of the water, then this video shows up. Seems pretty good quality to me. Better than the average cell phone and not very shaky for a handheld in a moving car.

    Remember that video of the chick freaking out before her wedding and chopping off all her hair? It went viral. Caused a big stir. Then it turned out to be a fake sponsored by a shampoo company that was never mentioned in the actual video.

    I'm just saying...
    True true and you're right to be a little cynical.

  10. #10
    nightflier
    Guest
    How hard would it be to build a Veyron look-alike for a stunt like this?

  11. #11
    Forum Regular audio amateur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,523
    I don't know if it's fake or not (looks very real to me), but I thought it might be linked (if real) to the reported Veyron that had landed in water. Can't seem to find the link to the article...

  12. #12
    Phila combat zone JoeE SP9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Thanks, JoeE....FWIW, I'm getting the National Lame-Ass Award next week....
    I thought your comment was quite witty!
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •