Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Suspended

Briggs on Briggs /Briggs does Briggs

Hello:

As a point of introduction, I am one of the top three or four audiophiles in the US.

J. Davenport Briggs, IV
    The Briggs Compound
    Caribou, Maine

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Hi Mr. Briggs. Welcome to AR.com.
    I'm kexodusc.
    I'm one of the top 17,947 audiophiles in North America, formerly of Bangor, currently of N.B. Canada.

Suspended
    Thanks. I've been on here before but business concerns w/Jadis et al. kept me busy. Originally from Newport Rhode Island.

A superlative lifestyle can be had outside of Bangor.

J.D. Briggs, IV
    Northern, ME

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    How do you rank audiophiles? Is there a Register? I'd think with such a small group one would know for sure whether there were three or four.

Ah well, welcome!

Suspended

Briggs on Briggs /Briggs does Briggs

Jameson Davenport Briggs is one of the foremost audiophiles in the world. He is retained, on the buy side, by UHE (Ultra High End) usually IO (Invitation Only) resellers and private audio boutiques. His recommendation, or lack thereof, can make or break an audio manufacturer. He has been featured on numerous audio bulletin boards and has lectured on audio topics at several prestigious Ivy League Universities. At the request of thousands of audiophiles, Davenport is initiating a program whereby he will advise high net worth individuals on component selection, aging and burning in of cables, and other relevant topics. More details on this will be made available in the near future.

Born to a “double Mayflower” family in Newport Rhode Island, Davenport’s family had been very prominent in manufacturing for over 150 years. The captain of his lacrosse team at Choate-Rosemary Hall, Davenport Entered Yale, Yale Law, and finally Yale’s Graduate School of Management and then proceeded to go to Wall Street to work as a top-tier investment banker to some of America’s most prominent corporations.

In 1989 he “retired” and built a giant testing laboratory and living compound, The Briggs Compound, outside Caribou Maine. The compound contains three guest houses, a main chateau of some 22,000 square feet, an on site audio testing laboratory and a helopad. At any given time high end manufacturers are on site to have their products reviewed, tested and to get comments from Davenport Briggs. Davenport only believes in rigorous testing of all aspects of a product prior to rendering a comment or decision.

Gee! It only took three posts for you to create that story.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Hello,

I just enjoy music a lot. How are you?

Mike
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Oh puh-lese...

...don't encourage this fool...thought he was gone for good...anyone else remember his last few, decidedly non-audio related posts?

Which generation is this one the first, Vl, Vll...can't even get his Roman numerals straight...there are at least three other variants of the moniker on file...pity his posts were purged as a result of the site's format changes...used to be simply the compound in Northern Maine...He liked my use of the word Caribou so much, he decided to take up residence...#1 audiophool is about right...

jimHJJ(...the less said to and about he, she or it, the better...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Trust me...

...it's an old story so I'd watch where you step...

jimHJJ(...he goes back a looong way, pity he's returned...)

P.S. If you do a search of the Mayflower's passenger list and crew members (as was done during an earlier appearance), there wasn't a Briggs among 'em...if yer gonna' create a persona, at least make it plausible...
    Last edited by Resident Loser; 08-30-2006 at 11:37 AM.
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...don't encourage this fool...thought he was gone for good...anyone else remember his last few, decidedly non-audio related posts?

Which generation is this one the first, Vl, Vll...can't even get his Roman numerals straight...there are at least three other variants of the moniker on file...pity his posts were purged as a result of the site's format changes...used to be simply the compound in Northern Maine...He liked my use of the word Caribou so much, he decided to take up residence...#1 audiophool is about right...

jimHJJ(...the less said to and about he, she or it, the better...)
    Oh come on. He seems perfectly normal to me. And you know how us NY guys will believe anything.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

No you're not I am. "I am iron man!"
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Ah, one of the old timers trying his tired schtick with a (mostly) new audience and (sorta) new screen name.

Doubt that he's one of the top three audiophiles in the world, when he isn't even one of the top three trolls on this board. Gotta do better than that!
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Ha ha Briggs, you ass clown...looks like the vets busted you! Seriously though, what's your opinion on Apogee speakers?

Suspended
    My opinion is that Apogee loudspeakers are absolutely superb. I myself own the Grand Integras.

JD Briggs
    Northern, ME

Mutant from table 9
    The three top audiophiles are: my grundle, my taint, and my gooch.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Mr. Briggs, why does an extensively educated person like your self use the third person?

i think he's talking about his dad or something of that sort, even though its a total FaKe

Welcome back. This begs the question...

Quote Originally Posted by JDavenportBriggsIV
    ... I am one of the top three or four audiophiles in the US.
    ..that now that two of us are accounted for, who is/are the remaining one or two? Say hello to the rest of the people in your compost.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Born to a “double Mayflower” family in Newport Rhode Island,

Pity, my people waited until there were better amenities on the ships and this country was not such a damned wilderness. Thanks for all the labor getting things ready for us.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Good that you guys are giving Briggs plenty of attention, he obviously needs it.

My opinion is that Apogee loudspeakers are absolutely superb. I myself own the Grand Integras.

JD Briggs
    Northern, ME
    No such thing as Apogee Grand Integra's. If you're going to make up speakers at least spell the name right.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...it's an old story so I'd watch where you step...

jimHJJ(...he goes back a looong way, pity he's returned...)

P.S. If you do a search of the Mayflower's passenger list and crew members (as was done during an earlier appearance), there wasn't a Briggs among 'em...if yer gonna' create a persona, at least make it plausible...

I remember this idiot from a few years back Funny thing is, if you Google his name, the only place it shows up is here at AR.

Strange that such a wealthy and "Well Known" individual is hanging out here. Maybe Mytr will show up next.

Awright...

I know it's been slow here, but which one of you jokers dug up this relic?!? If you're going to revive a troll, at least make it someone interesting like TLADINY/Lexie

Oh...wait...

Didn't we determine TLADINY is JDB?!

Forum Regular

Cool!

JD Briggs
    Northern, ME
    I'm an Apogee fan myself! I started with the Grand Vitara's, later upgraded to the Gold Accords and now found a nice pair of Platinum Coupe de Villes that get reasonable current to the gallon. I power them with a nice vintage John Deere PowerTrack mk IV and I've received lots of nice comments from people such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    Mr. Briggs, why does an extensively educated person like your self use the third person?
    Multiple personality disorder?

Jeff
    PIONEER: SX-780, CT-F700, HPM-100(x4), DV-C302D, PD-F1007, PL-514; DENON: AVR-983; SONY: D-15, DVP-985V, DVP-CX860(x2); TOSHIBA: XR-9459; TECHNICS: SL-1800MK2, SL-1700MK2, SL-1400MK2; NAD: PE2200; PARADIGM REFERENCE: STUDIO 100 V.2, SERVO-15, X-30; CERWIN-VEGA: DX-9; REALISTIC: MACH 2; RCA: 42" LCD HDTV

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information