Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boycotting Carl's Jr.

I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!

If I f*****g hear that "Flat f*****g Buns" song one more f******g time, I will commit hari kari!

If I could have one wish, I would take EVERY SINGLE PERSON responsible for creating this gawdawful campaign, permanently attach White Van speakers to either side of their melon, and blast John Tesh into their vacuous skulls until gelatinous goo seeped from every orifice of their body.

AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!

Thank you.

That is all.

Suspended
    Put the gun down... and back slowly away from the table.

nightflier
    Well here's another reason you could boycott Carl's Jr.: over the years there have been numerous allegations of racism, sexist and homophobia against Carl Karcher, the founder, who "has an exceptionally long history of funding and/or sitting on the boards of anti-choice, homophobic and racist organizations." Apparently this culture permeated the company and there have been numerous successful lawsuits by employees against higher-level management. He's retired now, but some of his comments and actions were such an embarrassment to the company that they made every effort to distance themselves from him towards the end, and I think it was in 1993 that they fired him.

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Well here's another reason you could boycott Carl's Jr.: over the years there have been numerous allegations of racism, sexist and homophobia against Carl Karcher, the founder, who "has an exceptionally long history of funding and/or sitting on the boards of anti-choice, homophobic and racist organizations." Apparently this culture permeated the company and there have been numerous successful lawsuits by employees against higher-level management. He's retired now, but some of his comments and actions were such an embarrassment to the company that they made every effort to distance themselves from him towards the end, and I think it was in 1993 that they fired him.
    Where I live we don't have CARL JR's, so therefore I have never seen the commercial, until this:

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    It's always nice to see kids from the suburbs getting the chance to act stupid without getting shot.

Take it easy there Top. Calm down. Breath slowly. I'll see if Lex will let you take some of his meds.
    I'll be back in a few minutes. Just put on these Bose NC headphones for awhile. They'll play that Barney song for you.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    No Carl's Jr in Canada either (I love this country!). So I watched the vid that PS posted. At first I was offended. But then I decided that it's just too stupid to be offensive.

Is this supposed to make me want to eat there? Flat buns? That's the best gimmick they could come up with?

I'd miss the sesame seeds on the top.

Suspended
    Never heard of Carl Jr's in my life. As far as I know, none here OR Jersey.

There was a network news story on this commercial; a women's activist group was complaining that it was demeaning towards women, but I wasn't paying attention to what the reporter was talking about.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Is this supposed to make me want to eat there? Flat buns?
    Jack In The Box already offers flat buns. It's the Sourdough something-or-other.

Sourdough Jack...and it's delicious. Back in college, Sourdough Jack's and Ultimate Cheeseburgers were just what the doctor ordered after a tough night bar hopping.

Here's the thing; First, the "teacher" doesn't have flat buns. In fact, that's the kind of trunk space you want in a late model car. Second, what does she have to do with hamburgers?!? At least Paris is eating a burger in this commercial, and trust me, I actually despise Paris more than the Flat Buns commercial. (someone needs to teach me how to put the vid's into posts)

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Sourdough Jack...and it's delicious. Back in college, Sourdough Jack's and Ultimate Cheeseburgers were just what the doctor ordered after a tough night bar hopping.

Here's the thing; First, the "teacher" doesn't have flat buns. In fact, that's the kind of trunk space you want in a late model car. Second, what does she have to do with hamburgers?!? At least Paris is eating a burger in this commercial, and trust me, I actually despise Paris more than the Flat Buns commercial. (someone needs to teach me how to put the vid's into posts)
    Love the car analogy TS. Puts things in a better light for me.

If that's a YouTube link, I think you have the option to "embed" the video from the originating site. I think. Judging from what I've seen posted here at AR recently, YouTube has become too scary for me.

Here you go Topspeed...

Paris Hilton's Carl's Jr.

Posted May 16, 2005

Nothing says Paris like a Spicy BBQ Six Dollar Burger from Carl's Jr. Apparently.

Actually, I heard about some education group griping about it

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Never heard of Carl Jr's in my life. As far as I know, none here OR Jersey.

There was a network news story on this commercial; a women's activist group was complaining that it was demeaning towards women, but I wasn't paying attention to what the reporter was talking about.
    ...because they feel it demeans teachers.

If that commercial got 'em in a frenzy, this probably gave 'em coronaries when it first hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5t5GukrWOU

Mutant from table 9
    I didn't realize Paris ate that burger. I recall that she fcuked herself with it. Just one big hot mess, you can't even tell where the burger ends and va-jay-jay begins. My mistake.

I actually worked at the Midwest equivalent of Carls Jr. in high school. Here they were called Hardees. They are the same company, just different regional names. They still operate in the South. How ghetto is that? I couldn't even work at McDonalds. No it had to be some bootleg Hardees.

EDIT: Oh yeah! Maybe I'm retarded, but isn't "Paris" a guys name? And hasn't it always been a guys name?

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Actually, I heard they named the kids after where they were conceived,...

Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    I: Oh yeah! Maybe I'm retarded, but isn't "Paris" a guys name? And hasn't it always been a guys name?
    ... or so says her brother, Bentley.

(this is a joke)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    No Carl's Jr in Canada either (I love this country!). So I watched the vid that PS posted. At first I was offended. But then I decided that it's just too stupid to be offensive.

Is this supposed to make me want to eat there? Flat buns? That's the best gimmick they could come up with?

I'd miss the sesame seeds on the top.
    What exactly did you initially find offensive?

Suspended
    Are the burgers really that big at Carls???

You're right Mark, it was an education group (teacher's union?)

SlumpBuster, now that you mention it, I did think at first it was a Hardees commercial in the report, but then this thread came up. I used to eat at Hardees joints back in the 70's, but then over time they satrted dissappearing up in Jersey. I guess there're still a few around, who knows.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    hmmm...we still have Hardees' in our region (deep south). Several years ago they shut down for about a month then came back with their new "Thick Burger" menu. I guess that's when they linked up with Carl Jr.'s. Hardees' has used that yellow star symbol for as long as I can remember.

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the VH vid. I've always loved that video, especially the "teacher" Wonder who that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by slump
    Oh yeah! Maybe I'm retarded, but isn't "Paris" a guys name? And hasn't it always been a guys name?
    No. "Paris" isn't a guy's name. It isn't a girl's name. It's the name of city...

or your pet chihuahua.

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Here you go Topspeed...

Paris Hilton's Carl's Jr.

Posted May 16, 2005

Nothing says Paris like a Spicy BBQ Six Dollar Burger from Carl's Jr. Apparently.

Alright. What's the coding for that?

no carl jr (or whatever it is called) here...

and I'm glad they aren't here too...

cool vids though

Cheers,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!

If I f*****g hear that "Flat f*****g Buns" song one more f******g time, I will commit hari kari!

AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!

Thank you.

That is all.
    The word is Hara Kiri and I hear that word EVERYDAY at work. I'm talking 6-7 days a week....

For your pain, I agree but I think it's pretty funny if you laugh at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    The word is Hara Kiri and I hear that word EVERYDAY at work. I'm talking 6-7 days a week....

For your pain, I agree but I think it's pretty funny if you laugh at it.
    Most of the time people mispronounce the word Hara Kiri, like "Harry Carry" or something silly like that. It's just ignorance, but there is a really great film called HARA KIRI from 1962, although it puts the words together: HARAKIRI, or SEPPUKU.

Oh I know and I wasnt trying to be snobbish.

As for "Harry Carry", that's FUNNY AS HELL!!!!!!! LOL. Just imagining how my neighbors would say it, made me spill soy milk outta my nose!!

JRA

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Oh I know and I wasnt trying to be snobbish.

As for "Harry Carry", that's FUNNY AS HELL!!!!!!! LOL. Just imagining how my neighbors would say it, made me spill soy milk outta my nose!!

JRA
    I knew you weren't, just wanted to add a few other interesting things as well into the discussion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information