Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

Audio Fantasy Inventions

I was listening to music on vinyl and checking my camera equipment for an upcoming shoot when I thought of a great idea. Use the ring auto focusing motor to create a remote controlled vertical tracking adjuster for my RB250 tonearm. The motor could link with the groove in the base of the tonearm and raise and lower it for best sound. The remote would simply be up and down buttons and a small receiver of the signal next to the tonearm. Power could be battery or from a wall wart. Of course I have no skill or ability to create such a device. Just an audio fantasy idea.

Anyone else with great ideas for audio that may not be practical but fun to think about?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    That makes about as much sense to my brain as the spam that you recently deleted. Ouch, my brain hurts!

BTW...what's a "wall wart"?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

BTW...what's a "wall wart"?

It is the small black box that includes a transformer and electronics to reduce the voltage and convert from ac to dc. They are used for several reasons. My idea was to keep the receiver as small as possible.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Motor driven turntables under the speakers that, in conjunction to a small transmitter on your person, would turn to track your movements within the room to assure that you're always in the sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Motor driven turntables under the speakers that, in conjunction to a small transmitter on your person, would turn to track your movements within the room to assure that you're always in the sweet spot.

Now that would be awesome.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    two leads that connect to your temples and run to a huge online database that has all the songs ever recorded and an awesome search engine that can search those songs by transmission of thoughts (such as words or phrases or notes, rythms, etc. from songs) from your brain to be used when you can remember only a snippet of a song and when you try to ask others to help you remember the name of that song and you grunt a couple of bars they look at you like you're crazy. (Oh, it must be water proof for use in the shower.)

Stereo setup

How about a CDP/Speaker combo on yet another new format with 4 separate layers.

CDP will have 4 different lenses that read simultanously on a new formate that has separate Low/Mid/High/20khz+ information.

Then CDP will have a set of discrete outputs for infromation read by individual lenses.
    1st - Lows
    2nd - Mids
    3rd - Highs
    4th - 20khz+

CDP(SACDP) w/ volume control ==> 8 monoblocks ==> crossover-less 4 ways speakers.

Speakers' drivers should match the frequency of 4 separate outputs.

You wanna know how many monoblocks you would have to have for MC setup?

Good one, JRA

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    How about a CDP/Speaker combo on yet another new format with 4 separate layers.

CDP will have 4 different lenses that read simultanously on a new formate that has separate Low/Mid/High/20khz+ information.

Then CDP will have a set of discrete outputs for infromation read by individual lenses.
    1st - Lows
    2nd - Mids
    3rd - Highs
    4th - 20khz+

CDP(SACDP) w/ volume control ==> 8 monoblocks ==> crossover-less 4 ways speakers.

Speakers' drivers should match the frequency of 4 separate outputs.

You wanna know how many monoblocks you would have to have for MC setup?

Of course there are people who would actually think it is great idea, even though it's absurd. That is to say, no theoretical advantages for sound repro while insinuating numerous additional points of failure.

I think it IS a great idea. I only post excellent ideas, and you know this Bill.

But boy, talk about a bad investment!

But boy, talk about a bad investment!

not to mention the price of the IC's and speaker cables used...

how about this:

A kind of 'acoustical treatment' that would really make your walls 'dissapear' so you don't have any reflections, but at the same time, your speakers don't sound like they're in an anechoic room...

kinda like room treatments now, only better, so your system would sound if you'd place it outside, in the free air

oh yeah, it should be thin, and available in many colors and patterns (read as: It should have an extremely high WAF factor)

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I was listening to music on vinyl and checking my camera equipment for an upcoming shoot when I thought of a great idea. Use the ring auto focusing motor to create a remote controlled vertical tracking adjuster for my RB250 tonearm. The motor could link with the groove in the base of the tonearm and raise and lower it for best sound. The remote would simply be up and down buttons and a small receiver of the signal next to the tonearm. Power could be battery or from a wall wart. Of course I have no skill or ability to create such a device. Just an audio fantasy idea.

Anyone else with great ideas for audio that may not be practical but fun to think about?
    Can you say "Sony Biotracer"? It's no fantasy...

Laz

I think I posted this like 3 years ago.

Newly formulated paint that has a bit of sound dampening property. I think wifies would be happier with that than something like....

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I think I posted this like 3 years ago.

Newly formulated paint that has a bit of sound dampening property. I think wifies would be happier with that than something like....
    As the wife of a drummer husband, I'd definately be interested in that product!

Quote Originally Posted by trollgirl
    Can you say "Sony Biotracer"? It's no fantasy...

Laz

I know the biotracer arm corrected for vertical tracking force and lateral skating but did not think it would do anything for vertical tracking angle. Oh and by the way I want something to use with my Rega. I am not interested in the Sony.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    As the wife of a drummer husband, I'd definately be interested in that product!
    Here is a gift idea forthis Christmas,

Get him a pair of Head[phones and you too will be happy as clams. $500 is a cheap price to pay for serenity,

JRA

Thread Information