Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cam

Aspartame and Headaches

Hey guys, do any of you guys suffer from headaches and overall confusion. I have for years. Just recently I was made aware of aspartame and the gazillion side effects one can get. I have for many years drank diet cola with my rye. In any given week I would drink at least 12. Well, I stopped diet cola for about 10 weeks now and I must say, I feel great now. After about the 2nd or 3rd week my headaches and that slow thinking feeling was gone. They put aspartame in anything that is label lite that is supposed to be sweet. Besides diet cola, it can be in gum, puddings and jello's and many many other things. If you have had symtoms like I have had, try a diet with no aspartame for 30 days and see if you feel better.

Forum Regular
    I tried to post this in the soduim thread, but it didn't go through apparently.

Avoid Aspartame like the plague.

Aspartame + Temperatures in excess of 85F = Formaldehyde & Formic Acid.

(theres a little more to it than that, i'll spare you the chem. & pharmacology) In a nutshell aspartame can lead to you ingesting formaldehyde which is a nasty neurotoxin. Formic Acid isn't a desired nutrient either. How the FDA approved this horrible trash is beyond me, but i try to avoid anything which has it added.

Wayne

I just tried a search on "Aspartame" in google and theres plenty of literature, for more detailed information google it, or purchase a GC Mass Spec.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Well, again I'd prefer people read more informative sources. Like this article from the University of Wisconsin which discussed the breakdown pathways of aspartame and puts it into context regarding health.
    http://tc.engr.wisc.edu/UER/uer98/author2/index.html

The short version is that high temperature storage of aspartame results in its conversion into diketopiperazine (DKP). However, your body does not absorb DKP well and 96% of it is rapidly eliminated. The remaining levels are not harmful.

In the body, aspartame is converted to methanol, aspartic acid, and phenylalanine. By weight, about 10% of aspartame becomes Methonol. Methanol is converted to formaldehyde and formate. It is the formate that causes blindness and acidosis (not the formaldehyde). To accumulate significant amounts of formate from Asparteme you would have to drink 600 to 1700 cans of diet soda at once.

I recommend reading what the FDA has to say about Aspartame
    http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/1999/699_sugar.html which I quote part of
    "While questions about saccharin may persist, the safety of another artificial sweetener, aspartame, is clear cut, say FDA officials. FDA calls aspartame, sold under trade names such as NutraSweet and Equal, one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved. The agency says the more than 100 toxicological and clinical studies it has reviewed confirm that aspartame is safe for the general population.

This message would not necessarily be apparent to consumers surfing the Internet, especially those who use Web-based search engines to find information about sugar substitutes or artificial sweeteners. Websites with screaming headlines and well-written text attempt to link aspartame consumption to systemic lupus, multiple sclerosis, vision problems, headaches, fatigue, and even Alzheimer's disease. One report distributed nationally over e-mail systems claims that aspartame-sweetened soft drinks delivered to military personnel during the Persian Gulf War may have prompted Gulf War syndrome."

or the National Cancer Institute
    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...ial-sweeteners

You can read about a very recent and very large scale human study of Aspartame consumption
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...59_soda05.html
    The authors of the study are listed as
    Author(s): Unhee Lim (American Association for Cancer Research) Amy F Subar (American Association for Cancer Research) Traci Mouw (American Association for Cancer Research) Patricia Hartge (American Association for Cancer Research) Lindsay M Morton (American Association for Cancer Research) Rachael Stolzenberg-Solomon (American Association for Cancer Research) David S Campbell (American Association for Cancer Research) Albert R Hollenbeck (American Association for Cancer Research) Arthur Schatzkin (American Association for Cancer Research) Title: Prospective study of aspartame-containing beverages and risk of hematopoietic and brain cancers
    Conference: Annual Meeting (Washington DC )
    Date: 2006 Apr 04

You can also read what snopes has to say about aspartame
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp
    Last edited by noddin0ff; 05-18-2006 at 07:47 AM.

Aging Smartass
    Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    Well, again I'd prefer people read more informative sources. ]
    Outstanding and extraordinarily well researched posting. I can recall a business associate in 1983 bitterly condemning aspertame for not having been sufficiently researched, and suspecting it of contributing to just about everything, including the national debt.

Well, it's now been 23 years since I've been consuming the stuff (rarely ever more than 3 cans of diet soda a day, and then only after a considerable amount of physical exertion that makes me thirsty) and I've never experienced any side effects from it whatsoever.

Thanks for opening up AR members eyes to documented material, rather than alarmist rants.

To accumulate significant amounts of formate from Asparteme you would have to drink 600 to 1700 cans of diet soda at once.
    If one can drink that much, I believe there would be more things to worry about. Wow, I gotta pee just thinking about that.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cam
    Hey guys, do any of you guys suffer from headaches and overall confusion. I have for years. Just recently I was made aware of aspartame and the gazillion side effects one can get. I have for many years drank diet cola with my rye. In any given week I would drink at least 12. Well, I stopped diet cola for about 10 weeks now and I must say, I feel great now. After about the 2nd or 3rd week my headaches and that slow thinking feeling was gone. They put aspartame in anything that is label lite that is supposed to be sweet. Besides diet cola, it can be in gum, puddings and jello's and many many other things. If you have had symtoms like I have had, try a diet with no aspartame for 30 days and see if you feel better.

Sounds like you might have an alergic reaction to aspartame. I do not have headaches from it but oddly it effects my hearing. If I drink diet colas before I listen to my system or another piece of equipment at a dealer the highs sound exagerated and lower ranges are muffled. I have to be careful not to drink any before shopping or judging a change in equipement.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

HMMmmm... Interesting thread. This may seem off topic at first, but hang in there. I will get to the point somewhere down the road.

I quit smoking in 92. In the following 3 months I gained almost 30 pounds. So I switched to diet everything. I didn't have headaches but I could not think straight. I figured that I had some real good smoke that week. But when it ran out and I still had the same problem. I thought there was a new problem with me. I would forget where I was going and drive past my destinations and find myself wondering down the road forgetting why. One morning, I was out of my supply of diet soda & candies. It was pay day & had no cash to buy more yet. Somehow, I felt better. Maybe I was in recovery from whatever it was. Got paid at lunchtime. Went right out to buy more diet crap. By 2 PM I was in never never land again. I started to put 2 & 2 together and got 5. But I stopped with the diet stuff and went back to feeling normal.
    To this day, I can immediately tell if something has diet anything in it. As soon as it touches my lips I get a feeling all over as if I'm allergic. I thought it was the artificial sweeteners till now. Thanks for the article Nod.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

cam
    Quote Originally Posted by emaidel
    Outstanding and extraordinarily well researched posting. I can recall a business associate in 1983 bitterly condemning aspertame for not having been sufficiently researched, and suspecting it of contributing to just about everything, including the national debt.

Well, it's now been 23 years since I've been consuming the stuff (rarely ever more than 3 cans of diet soda a day, and then only after a considerable amount of physical exertion that makes me thirsty) and I've never experienced any side effects from it whatsoever.

Thanks for opening up AR members eyes to documented material, rather than alarmist rants.
    If you were talking about me being an alarmist, all I said at the end of my comments was, "If you have had symptoms like I have had, stop consuming aspartame for 30 days and see if you feel better". I for one don't care if you are pro-aspartame or not, all I know is I feel great and haven't felt this good in years. I will never consume aspartame again no matter how many people pipe up and say it is harmless.

I would add that none of the science discounts that individuals correlate their headaches, disorientation, etc. with diet drinks. It may very well be true that every time particular individuals drink a diet soda they feel a certain way (I for one feel very disappointed when ever a diet drink touches my lips). But, going from correlation to causality with any certainty is very very tricky. Kind of like claiming expensive interconnects give better midrange clarity. I think the preponderance of evidence says that any ‘effects’ are not specifically caused by aspartame. There could be a million other factors, including mental state, that also correlate with the behavior. What activities lead to the desire to have a diet cola for instance? My crackpot theory, based on no hard evidence, is that your body 'thinks' it is about to get a sugar bomb, get's ready to burn, and then finds no gas available. If I were invited to a big steak dinner only to find that the menu changed at the last minute and all we were going to eat was bean sprouts and celery…I think my body would also respond negatively. I'd feel lethargic, hungry, agitated, probably have some alcohol and get a headache. I might even be angry.

A good way to begin to test if Aspartame is in fact the culprit would be to eat other sources such yogurt (or even those yogurt drinks) that are also sweetened with Aspartame. Try to change as many variables as possible except for the total Aspartame consumed. Also, I believe, in the context of alcohol, that you can have allergies that are specific to the grain used in the fermentation/distillation (rye, barley, wheat). Anecdotally, my brother can't drink blended scotches/bourbons with a rye component.

cam
    I never stopped drinking rye, I now just use regular coke or pepsi, no headaches or overall confusion. I only started drinking diet cola because I wanted to reduce my sugar intake, I didn't know that I would have side effects with diet cola. And I had been feeling like crap for about 5 years which was right around the time I started with the diet cola.

I guess I could confirm my side effects by starting up again with the diet colas', but I am just too scared to go with those sinking feelings again.

Quote Originally Posted by cam
    I never stopped drinking rye, I now just use regular coke or pepsi, no headaches or overall confusion. I only started drinking diet cola because I wanted to reduce my sugar intake, I didn't know that I would have side effects with diet cola. And I had been feeling like crap for about 5 years which was right around the time I started with the diet cola.

I guess I could confirm my side effects by starting up again with the diet colas', but I am just too scared to go with those sinking feelings again.
    You may not have to drink more than a sip to pick up on it. I drink VO&7's. One day the place I was at was out of normal 7-up so they used diet without me noticing. One sip later I was walking back to the bar for something else. I get an instant sinking feeling and start to feel dizzy. Sometimes a little shaking too. The effect only last about 30 to 40 minutes as long as I only have the one sip. And believe me, I never take a second.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

cam
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    You may not have to drink more than a sip to pick up on it. I drink VO&7's. One day the place I was at was out of normal 7-up so they used diet without me noticing. One sip later I was walking back to the bar for something else. I get an instant sinking feeling and start to feel dizzy. Sometimes a little shaking too. The effect only last about 30 to 40 minutes as long as I only have the one sip. And believe me, I never take a second.
    I think I need to drink it regularily to get that dazed and confused feeling. There have been times, now that I think about it, where I felt really good, but I was only drinking beer, no diet cola and rye. Then after drinking 6 diet and ryes on friday and 6 diet and rye on saturday for about 2 -3 weeks, WHAMO, feel like crap. If only I could have put 2 and 2 together years ago.

Forum Regular
    FDA? Green 3, Red 3, Yellow 6. Sorry i wouldn't take anything these guys say as gospel.

Clincal trials are fool proof ? My applogies i should have said i avoid aspartame like the plague. But im not consuming anything that i rightfully know is reduced to a horribly toxic aldehyde.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Sounds like you might have an alergic reaction to aspartame. I do not have headaches from it but oddly it effects my hearing. If I drink diet colas before I listen to my system or another piece of equipment at a dealer the highs sound exagerated and lower ranges are muffled. I have to be careful not to drink any before shopping or judging a change in equipement.
    Next time try Classic Coke and all blends well .

Quote Originally Posted by wayner86
    FDA? Green 3, Red 3, Yellow 6. Sorry i wouldn't take anything these guys say as gospel.

Clincal trials are fool proof ? My applogies i should have said i avoid aspartame like the plague. But im not consuming anything that i rightfully know is reduced to a horribly toxic aldehyde.

Wayne
    I don't take the Gospels as gospel, for that matter, but if it comes down to taking the advice of people on the net quoting an outdated internet hoax or taking the advice of 100's of researchers who have invested 1000's of hours in careful clinical trials...I'll vote for the FDA. I choose to base my behavior on personal experience coupled with rational consideration of the best information available.

Frankly, if you're paranoid about formaldehyde, you should know that the greatest risk is likely from inhaled sources
    http://www.epa.gov/ttnatw01/hlthef/formalde.html

Quoting from the introduction of a publication titled
    Ambient Levels of Formaldyhyde, Acetaldehyde, and Formic Acid in Southern Californa: Results of a One-Year Base-line Study
    Daniel Grosjean
    Environ. Sci. Technol. 1991, 25, 710-715

Ambient formaldehyde can contribute significantly to the overall risk associated with population exposure to toxic air pollutants in urban areas. As an indoor pollutant, formaldehyde is currently regulated for its carcinogenic properties (1). As an outdoor pollutant, formaldehyde is directly emitted by mobile and stationary sources. Formaldehyde is also formed in the atmosphere by photochemical reactions involving virtually all classes of hydrocarbon pollutants. During smog episodes, in situ production of formaldehyde may be larger than direct emissions, e.g., 500 vs. 30-70 tons per day in southern California (2). Concurrently, formaldehyde is removed from the atmosphere by photolysis, by reaction with the hydroxyl radical and the nitrate radical, and by wet and dry deposition (3).

A complete article that’s a little tedious but could address some of your concerns (link to .pdf file)
    http://scholar.google.com/url?sa=U&q...1/17-24jur.pdf

There was a similar kind of analysis of environmental levels for Georga but I couldn’t find free access to the publication

Aldehyde Concentrations in Ambient Air of Coastal Georgia, U.S.A.

David L. MacIntosh1, Susan A. Zimmer-Dauphinee2, Randall O. Manning3 and Phillip L. Williams1
    (1) Department of Environmental Health Science, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, U.S.A.
    (2) Air Protection Branch, Environmental Protection Division, Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
    (3) Environmental Protection Division, Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.

Abstract Aldehydes are an airborne byproduct of many industrial processes, vehicle transportation, and emissions from numerous natural sources. To characterize aldehyde concentrations in ambient air of the Savannah, Georgia area, air samples for 3 aldehydes (formaldehyde,acetaldehyde, and propionaldehyde) were collected at five sites on a monthly basis over a 12-month period from December of 1995 through November 1996. Four of the sites were in central Savannah and the fifth site was located in a rural area about 56 km south of Savannah. During each 24-hr sampling episode, samples were collected in two 12-hr periods approximating daylight and nighttime hours, following U.S. EPA Method TO-11. Formaldehyde concentrations ranged from0.17 to 6.80 mgrg m-3, acetaldehyde concentrations ranged from 0.07 to7.60 mgrg m-3, and propionaldehyde levels ranged from 0.02 to 9.10 mgrg m-3. On average, the four sites in Savannah had higher aldehyde concentrations than the rural site (2.0 versus1.2 mgrg m-3 for formaldehyde, 2.3 versus 1.7 mgrg m-3 for acetaldehyde, and 1.2 versus 1.0 mgrg m-3 for propionaldehyde). The daytime concentrations for formaldehyde and acetaldehyde were higher than the nighttime levels. The data from all the sites were within published worldwide background values for aldehydes.

cheers!
    Last edited by noddin0ff; 05-19-2006 at 10:45 AM.

Aging Smartass
    if it comes down to taking the advice of people on the net quoting an outdated internet hoax or taking the advice of 100's of researchers who have invested 1000's of hours in careful clinical trials...I'll vote for the FDA.

Amen, and hallelujah!

I don't doubt for a minute that certain individuals experience adverse, or even bizarre reactions to aspertame, but then my neighbor will go into severe allergic shock if he eats peas, peanut butter, or legumes of any type. My wife will go into anaphylactic shock and die if she's given acetaminophen. Does this mean that everyone else should avoid legumes and Tylenol? Of course not, but it only illustrates that virtually anything can cause some sort of adverse (and even fatal) reaction in someone, somewhere.

Forum Regular
    nodinoff i see you take your FDA as a reliable source....address Green 3, Red 3 or Yellow 6 please. As for the rest of your arguement, are you speaking from your own expertise or that of someone else posted on the internet? Clearly you choose the FDA's sources, clearly you haven't realized the absolute bull**** produced by people from any where of any credentials. I presume you assume that the FDA is a reliable source of information. Lets address the facts. 131mg of aspartame in 1 can of diet coke. Now a few of the members state that they drink between 10-20 cans of the beverage. So we take an avg. of 15. (15 x 131) x 0.10 = 196.5 mg of formaldehye consumed by these individuals. That is 196.5mg of a known carcinogen. Would you willfully consume 196.5mg of benzene? toluene? phenol? Can you explain why the chronic effects of a carcinogen cannot be determined from clinical trials? because there are too many varibles to consider. Also if you have ever studied stats. you would relize that extreme outliers are hidden in statistical mathematics.
    Are you saying that a carcinogen is any more effective inhaled that ingested?? please prove this.

Wayne

nodinoff i see you take your FDA as a reliable source....address Green 3, Red 3 or Yellow 6 please. As for the rest of your arguement, are you speaking from your own expertise or that of someone else posted on the internet? Clearly you choose the FDA's sources, clearly you haven't realized the absolute bull**** produced by people from any where of any credentials. I presume you assume that the FDA is a reliable source of information. Lets address the facts. 131mg of aspartame in 1 can of diet coke. Now a few of the members state that they drink between 10-20 cans of the beverage. So we take an avg. of 15. (15 x 131) x 0.10 = 196.5 mg of formaldehye consumed by these individuals. That is 196.5mg of a known carcinogen. Would you willfully consume 196.5mg of benzene? toluene? phenol? Can you explain why the chronic effects of a carcinogen cannot be determined from clinical trials? because there are too many varibles to consider. Also if you have ever studied stats. you would relize that extreme outliers are hidden in statistical mathematics.
    Are you saying that a carcinogen is any more effective inhaled that ingested?? please prove this.

Wayne
    I believe that what Nod is saying is that, although the FDA is far from perfect that it beats old wives tales from unknown sources. You may very well know a lot about this. But how do we know that you are right?

GMichael is correct. And for the sake of sporting argument I’ll just point out that with a little careful research, wayner86, you’d see that your thinking about formaldehyde poisoning from diet soda is still way out of touch with reality. I mean, your basic argument is that Diet sodas cause formaldehyde poisoning!

For simplicity lets take your first calculations

131mg Aspartame per can X 15 cans = 1965 mg Aspartame

Aspartame converts to 10% Methanol by weight = 197mg Methanol (you have it as 197mg formaldehyde). If you equated drinking Diet soda with drinking methanol you’d be closer to the truth.

But, disregarding the kinetics of conversion of Aspartame to methanol in the body, we’ll just assume it’s spontaneous and is the equivalent of drinking 197mg Methanol (which it’s not).

While it’s true that Methanol is directly converted to formaldehyde, 197mg of Methanol does not equate to consuming 197mg of Formaldehyde because in the first step methanol is slowly oxidized by alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) to yield formaldehyde. Next, formaldehyde is rapidly oxidized by formaldehyde dehydrogenase to yield formic acid (or formate, depending on pH). The oxidation occurs rapidly so that little formaldehyde accumulates in the serum. Finally, formic acid is metabolized to carbon dioxide and water, which are excreted by the kidneys and lungs. So your body is never exposed to harmful levels of formaldehyde.
    source www.antizol.com/mpoisono.htm
    (there's also some nice pathways drawn)

And for a frame of reference, according to a lengthy document from the World Health Organization International Program on Chemical Safety, Section 3.3.1- Natural Occurances, humans typically have 500mg/kg of methanol in the bloodstream as part of daily existence. So really, a 150lb person contains 34 grams of methanol. An additional 197mg is only 0.5% of the total already in you. Hardly alarming.
    http://www.inchem.org/documents/ehc/...tionNumber:3.1

I know formaldehyde is bad. I use it in the lab as a tissue fixative--which is why it is toxic. It causes covalent chemical cross links between reactive amines. To be a carcinogen you have to cause DNA damage. Formaldehyde will certainly do this. But lots of things damage DNA. Your body repairs this kind of damage constantly. In order to progress from DNA damage to mutation to cancer, cells must divide. Tissues in your body that divide more are more susceptible to carcinogens. Your lung epithelium is one of those rapidly dividing tissues. So yes, there is reason to believe that some carcinogens are more effective inhaled rather than ingested (Although, I know of no studies comparing cancer rates for ingested cigarettes vs smoked ones).

nodinoff [sic] I see you take your FDA as a reliable source…
    Ok, wayner86, look at the thread above you. I’ve linked to information from the Food and Drug Administration, the National Cancer Institute, the Environmental Protection Agency, scientific peer reviewed publications, the University of Wisconsin, the Seattle Post Intelligencer…let’s see…the World Health Organization, and snopes.com. Each of those links actually references the primary source for the information they put out there. If you feel you would like to put forth information to convincingly counter anything I’ve posted I’m sure we’d all like to hear it.

Oh, and just for the record, according to the nutrition information provided by Coke, Diet Coke contains 23mg of Aspartame and 47mg of Saccharin per 8 fluid oz. Not 131mg (per 12 oz?), as you stated.
    http://www2.coca-cola.com/mail/goodanswer/utility.html

Thanks for playing!

Forum Regular
    Thanks for playing? haha. Nice one, the good thing about this argument is neither of us is right or wrong. Wanna know why? Because no matter how many clinical trials that are run, you can never determine what is going to cause a frame shift under these circumstances. Known carcinogens uder controlled conditions in the right concentrations reliably cause a notable effect. These are minute conc.'s and the consumption of them can only be determined by back calculation. As a scientist you can clearly agree. Tox, Path, and Pharm are only so reliable, and the statistical analysis is only so valid. All i'm saying is that i won't add to the carcinogenistic slurry of chemicals i must ingest daily by knowingly drinking substances which include Aspartame. Damn near a rhetorical argument. I love it. No matter how many resources we digest we can never prove one another wrong. To state otherwise is absolute hogwash.

Now. Thanks for playin, playa.

Wayne.

Edit: I just looked @ my second last post, and im feeling jackassish, sorry for any rudeness i just graduated from college and got cut at the bar and made that post with some ethanol courage. I'm not trying to come out like im more knowledgeable than anyone, i just firmly believe that organizations such as the FDA sometimes have alternate agendas.

Cheers!
    Last edited by wayner86; 05-19-2006 at 07:23 PM.

Well, this doesn’t qualify as an argument because there aren’t two sides of equal merit. I’m not debating you. I’m telling you quite clearly the reasons why your beliefs are not grounded in science. You can continue to believe in your carcinogenetic slurry diet drink just the same way you are at liberty to believe that the earth is flat or that we were all created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. But it is, so far, a belief with out a basis. It’s not a crime to believe things, but it’s dangerous to think they are anything other than beliefs.

Reliable information is not the same as infallible information, but both of these are very clearly different from hogwash, rhetoric, anecdote, and fear mongering. Most of your arguments aren’t ‘damn near rhetorical’ they are entirely rhetorical.

You imply knowledge of statistics (I never took any myself) but if you understood statistics you would realize how meaningless anecdotal information is in attributing causation and also know that statistics function to give scientists a tool to quantify the degree of certainty with which they can draw conclusions from their data. You imply knowledge of Toxicology, Pathology, and Pharmacology but don’t understand how carcinogens act, or cancers develop.

It wasn’t my intention to provoke you into ‘arguing’. I merely want to help people find resources so the can make clear distinctions between information and mis-information. But, then you had to go and make it fun!

In case they’re still reading, I want to make it clear that Cam and GM may very well have real reactions to Diet Drinks. But if they do it is not due to general toxic effects of Aspartame. Personally, if I were Cam or GM I would be very interested in determining exactly what causes the reaction so I could avoid it. If it’s aspartame, then other sources should have the same effect. Allergic reactions and chemical sensitivities are different beasts and IMO worth pinning down, because they can get worse.

Of course, I can’t quite tell if Cam is pulling my leg because if I drank six hard drinks on Friday and six more on Saturday, I’d feel like crap on Sunday too!

Aging Smartass
    I haven't been around this site for too long, but have to admit that noddinoff's postings are far and away the most literate and well-documented I've read to date. Those in disagreement have failed completely to counter anything noddioff has posted with reliable information - only "beliefs" and alarmist rhetoric.

As I said earlier, there's always someone allergic to something, and the subsequent allergic reaction is often quite serious. Nevertheless, that's no reason to assume that one's reaction to something that millions of others do not react to is cause for banning that product from the marketplace, or to make sweeping generalizations either.

cam
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Drinking diet colas makes the highs sound exagerated..........just make sure you don't drink any if you have any suspicion that the wife is in a nagging mood.

Forum Regular
    but don’t understand how carcinogens act, or cancers develop.
    That is an interesting comment. And you say you don't want to argue. Since you seem to know exactly what triggers cancerous DNA mutations, im going to nominate you for the Nobel Prize.

Wayne

The simple fact is if you ingest Aspartame you're ingesting Formaldehyde, which is a known carcinogen (not a class 2B or 2 but a 1).
    Last edited by wayner86; 05-20-2006 at 12:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information