Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Abortion

Suspended

Abortion

On this 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, I would like to share my views on the issue of abortion.

Life begins at the point of conception. No one can deny that after a human being is conceived it will develop into the very same being as those debating this issue. What astounds me is that those who favor abortion went through an identical development stage as the being they are condemning to death. Would these very same people agree that a similiar choice should have been made about their own existence? Abortion today is used primarily as a birth control of convenience because people are too self-centered to take precautions. They prefer their own pleasurable self-indulgence over the care and sanctity of the life they created. What ever happened to taking responsibility for one's actions in this country? Is it too much to ask a woman who has conceived to place the child into adoption? Nine months of discomfort is nothing compared to life in prison for voluntary manslaughter! Does the father of the child have a say in this? And what about the constitution of the United States? Are not all people conceived in this country deserving of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? I believe abortion is a crime against humanity and should be outlawed. We need to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision and get back to cherishing life in this country. For a country that murders it's children cannot be far from self destruction.

Suspended
    Oh brother. Now it's Joe's turn huh? As if we didn't have enough going on with Melvin, now we have to deal with abortion comentary.

Sad, very sad.

Aging Smartass
    Why is it that the most vocal anti-abortion folks almost always seem to be men? I firmly believe that if men could conceive and carry a child within them and give birth to that child, along with the associated pain and discomfort, that abortion would instantly become a non-issue.

How can a man possibly relate to the anguish a female who, as the result of rape or incest now carries a child within her she never voluntarily did anything to create? And who is that man to condemn that female for wanting to terminate that pregnancy?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emaidel
    How can a man possibly relate to the anguish a female who, as the result of rape or incest now carries a child within her she never voluntarily did anything to create? And who is that man to condemn that female for wanting to terminate that pregnancy?
    That never happens. As JOE pointed out, women are now using abortion as routine birth control...no doubt, in JOEBIALEKworld having them two and three times-a-week.

Mutant from table 9
    I was actually considering having an abortion when I began reading Joe's post... Joe convinced me. I'm definately going to do it first thing in the morning!

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    A sperm is alive, yet billions are sacrificed daily. Surely, Joe, that should count as negligent homicide?

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEBIALEK
    On this 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, I would like to share my views on the issue of abortion.
    Why?

Life begins at the point of conception.
    Perhaps. But sentient life does not. Ever step on an ant Joe?

What astounds me is that those who favor abortion went through an identical development stage as the being they are condemning to death. Would these very same people agree that a similiar choice should have been made about their own existence?
    Absolutely! If my mother had wanted to abort me she had every right to do so...entirely her choice. And, for what it's worth, I would be none the wiser.

Abortion today is used primarily as a birth control of convenience because people are too self-centered to take precautions.
    That's just horse****. I don't know one woman who's had an abortion because it was more convenient than a condom. I do know women who have had them because the condom didn't do it's job!

They prefer their own pleasurable self-indulgence over the care and sanctity of the life they created. What ever happened to taking responsibility for one's actions in this country?
    When did it become responsible to bring an unwanted child into the world? Do you have any idea how many kids are in foster care because there are too many unwanted kids and not enough families who want them?! How many of these kids that you so vehemently want to see born are you taking care of?

Is it too much to ask a woman who has conceived to place the child into adoption?
    Yes.

Nine months of discomfort is nothing compared to life in prison for voluntary manslaughter!
    So you would like to see a woman who has an abortion serve time in jail? Seriously? Let me add that pregnancy is not just nine months of discomfort, it can also create a lot of health risks. I know of two women who died while giving birth. One of them was only 24 years old and in excellent health; she had a stroke during labour.

Does the father of the child have a say in this? And what about the constitution of the United States? Are not all people conceived in this country deserving of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? I believe abortion is a crime against humanity and should be outlawed. We need to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision and get back to cherishing life in this country. For a country that murders it's children cannot be far from self destruction.
    While we're on the subject of human rights...how do you feel about same-sex marraige JOE. Do you think that gay couples should be allowed to adopt children? Just curious.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 01-21-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Im surprise to see so many pro-abortionists here

Tough subject. On one hand I don't like the idea of killing off a potential baby. But on the other hand I can see all the reasons why it could be the lesser of two evils. I am glad that it's a choice I've never had to make. And I am not qualified to make that choice for anyone else.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

You've always got the nice things to say Michael. Good job

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    And to think the Pro-Bose crowd used to be the biggest source of controversy.

If somehow he could tie having an abortion to owning Bose, there might be something remotely interesting about the topic.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    And to think the Pro-Bose crowd used to be the biggest source of controversy.

If somehow he could tie having an abortion to owning Bose, there might be something remotely interesting about the topic.
    So you're indifferent to abortion?

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Im surprise to see so many pro-abortionists here
    I wouldn't say that I'm pro-abortion. I would call myself pro-choice. I believe that a woman has the right to choose whether or not to go ahead with or to terminate a pregnancy.

While Joe can argue that an embryo has a right to life, I will argue that the mother also has a right to life and a right to freedom of choice (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as Joe pointed out).

Let me ask Joe this...why should the embryo's rights be allowed to supersede the rights of the sentient, living and breathing being of it's mother?

what if your 15 year old daughter is pregnant, from her 19 year old boyfriend? she can't raise the kid, because she's still going to school, is unexperienced, doesn't have the 'mom instincts' and can't give breast feeding etc.. In fact, it's dangerous for her.

or what if your wife was raped (sorry for the extreme examples, but it's daily life.), and was pregnant from the dude who did it to her?

Would you say 'no' to abortion then?
    sometimes it's better to have an embryo aborted.

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I wouldn't say that I'm pro-abortion. I would call myself pro-choice. I believe that a woman has the right to choose whether or not to go ahead with or to terminate a pregnancy.

While Joe can argue that an embryo has a right to life, I will argue that the mother also has a right to life and a right to freedom of choice (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as Joe pointed out).

Let me ask Joe this...why should the embryo's rights be allowed to supersede the rights of the sentient, living and breathing being of it's mother?
    It just seems that you were trying to slay Joe because he's against it

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    First I must say I am pro choice. It would be nice if we lived in an ideal world and there was never a need for abortions but lets be realistic.

I am also amazed by the statement life begins at conception. Every egg that is fertilized does not attach to the uterine wall and develop full term. So is a human soul given to every fertilized egg regardless of it's future? After all do we not feel what seperates us from the animals is our immortal soul?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

It just seems that you were trying to slay Joe because he's against it
    Not because he's against abortion but because he believes that he has the right to force me to do something against my will.

Suspended
    What beefy is saying AA is that this JOEBIALEK character is nothing more than a spammer who tries to provoke the members here. You won't see another (well maybe one but the odds are against it) post from JB until after a few months when he gets back around to AR with another useless topic. I'd ban his IP if I were a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    What beefy is saying AA is that this JOEBIALEK character is nothing more than a spammer who tries to provoke the members here. You won't see another (well maybe one but the odds are against it) post from JB until after a few months when he gets back around to AR with another useless topic. I'd ban his IP if I were a mod.

Hang on a sec. So this guy's a spammer? Well, I guess that answers my "why" question.

Edit: So he is. I just googled him. He posted the exact same thing here.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    sing with me...

You don't have to be a six-footer.
    You don't have to have a great brain.
    You don't have to have any clothes on. You're
    A Catholic the moment Dad came,

Because

Every sperm is sacred.
    Every sperm is great.
    If a sperm is wasted,
    God gets quite irate

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Wasn't aware of it thanks. Although he's got a few valid points

What?!? JOE's back?

Life begins at the point of conception. ... For a country that murders it's children cannot be far from self destruction.
    Hi, Joe.

Life begins before conception with the egg and sperm in question, not to mention the countless others that don't combine to form an embryo. An embryo is alive and it is human, however it is not a human being.

Anyway, I suspect that that this is all just JOE's US election year ploy to get few more Americans to vote Republican

Well I say .. "A country that votes Repulican cannot be far from self destruction". Not if the current US administration has demonstrated anything.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Actually, no, I'm not inifferent to abortion.

However I feel on the subject is irrelevant to this discussion board. The problems with topics such as abortion, politics, religion (who's is better?), and other lightning rod topics are just that. They are polarizing to the point of clouding future topics on ANY other subject on this forum.

I don't care about the personal details of another forum member when I'm discussing A/V equipment. Oh sure, its nice to know that Wooch (his wife actually) had a baby. Or that FA loves Viva Pinata (Go Flutterscotch!), or that Kex loves his Xbox 360.

What I don't care about is how a person votes, if they are in (or out) of the closet, what church they attend, or when "life" begins. To me, these topics are best discussed elsewhere, or in a more private forum.

If you want to discuss abortion, go to a "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice" board. Go to one of those boards, and post in an "off topic" area, and ask about stereo equipment. Chances are, there won't be much interest. Same here. I don't care about the topic (abortion) in relation to the OVERALL thrust of the forum.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

When I was in the Philippines, my wife drug me to the church with the rest of her/our family. The priest decided to sit me down and have a talk. He told me that it would be a sin for me to use a condom. We're supposed to shoot in the dark and hope for the best? The man upstairs would sort out what should happen.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I get your point GB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information