Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    You've got it all wrong, my friend. No-one ever believes you when you tell them that you're younger than you really are. I'm 42, but I tell everyone that I'm 48 so that they'll tell me how great I look for my age!

Might work but I am 52 and how old would I have to tell people I am?

This is actually an easy set-up for GMichael, let the humor begin. Oh and anyone else in the mood for a cheap shot.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Gee, 52....Mebbe you can gettum to pull yer finger 'r somethin'....

Then again, ya better not!

Suspended
    What about when you add those years and some one says, "oh...... I thought you were older than that"? You know you are on your way when they don't even attempt to card you anymore. Like, nah, it's not even a possibility anymore.

Basite probably gets off the computer at night and says, "ah.. what music goes good with jumping on the bed".

What is it they say, we're only as old as we feel or something like that..... I think I'll go jump on the bed awhile.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    You know you are on your way when they don't even attempt to card you anymore. Like, nah, it's not even a possibility anymore.
    Last year my husband and I went to a bar to watch a Stanley Cup game and there was a big lineup to get into the bar. I realized that the line was because the bouncers were checking ID before letting people in. I said, "This is silly, I'm not standing in line for this!". My husband and I walked to the front of the line, gave the bouncer a nod and walked right in. I thought that it was pretty funny.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Last year my husband and I went to a bar to watch a Stanley Cup game and there was a big lineup to get into the bar. I realized that the line was because the bouncers were checking ID before letting people in. I said, "This is silly, I'm not standing in line for this!". My husband and I walked to the front of the line, gave the bouncer a nod and walked right in. I thought that it was pretty funny.
    Don't be so coy FA, you know its because all the hot chicks get in w/out ID check.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Don't be so coy FA, you know its because all the hot chicks get in w/out ID check.

That is just what I was thinking.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I'll try to remember to wish you a happy birthday. But don't be upset if I forget...the old memory doesn't work as well as it used to. I don't know what you're really like in real life, but on-line you sound much more mature and grounded than any 17 or 18 yr-olds that I know.

Thanks,

You're not the only one giving that 'comment'

I dunno what it is exactly, but I guess I can easily adapt to other 'age groups', (not only on-line, like here ), I'm different when I'm with friends I think.
    I'd classify myself as a normal teenager when I'm around friends, or family (well, I don't know if what's 'normal' is different there in the USA though), but I can easily go and hang out with people that are older than me too...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by basite
    Thanks,

You're not the only one giving that 'comment'

I dunno what it is exactly, but I guess I can easily adapt to other 'age groups', (not only on-line, like here ), I'm different when I'm with friends I think.
    I'd classify myself as a normal teenager when I'm around friends, or family (well, I don't know if what's 'normal' is different there in the USA though), but I can easily go and hang out with people that are older than me too...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.

Bert that is a good skill to be able to adapt to those you are with regardless of age group. You will be very successful with that ability. Do not worry we will not miss your 18th birthday. Any chance to party.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information