Forum Regular

Question Yamaha Receiver Registration?

I want to purchase a Yamaha Receiver from an authorized dealer and register it. To make certain the dealer is not just saying they are authorized and you will have the full manufacturers's warranty, when you register a Yamaha Receiver with the serial number, does Yamaha notify you immediately if the receiver was purchased from a legitimate source? Or do you only find this out if a repair is need? I would prefer to find this out upon registration of the product so I can return it if it not covered by the Yamaha warranty.

The company claim they are authorized and product (BRAND NEW) will have full manufacturers' warranty but he price is considerably lower than other KNOWN authorized Yamaha dealers for the same product. The LOW price is what really bothers me.

I'd check the box to see if its been opened before or in rough shape, Due to the unusually low price it may be a "B-stock " item....which is a item (reciever eg.) that was purchased by someone and returned very soon after, possibly dead out of box. The unit is sent back to the manufacturer and repaired and redistributed back to dealers, but i think it need to be marked "B-stock"...usually they are in perfect shape cosmetically and packaged correctly and will also carry full warranty.

If the dealer says they're a Yamaha dealer and stay in business you should be fine if you keep the bill of sale...how long have they been in business??
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated amp
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock
    Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur Speakers
    Cardas Cross and Cardas Hexlink Golden 5C
    Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen2

Forum Regular
    The company says they have been selling over the Internet for over 12 years and been in business in general more than 28 years.

Forum Regular
    Call Yamaha and ask. I'm sure they will be happy to tell you.

Are they on this list? http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/d...x?CTID=5010030

visit Yamaha's Authorized Internet Retailers:
    Abt Electronics
    Audio Advisor
    B&H Photo
    Best Buy
    Crutchfield
    J & R Music
    Your Electronic Warehouse
    Fry's One Call
    Electronic Expo
    6th Avenue Electronics
    Stereo Advantage
    Tweeter
    Vann's Electronics
    ZoboTV
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    I called Yamaha and was told the company was NOT an authorized retailer. I went ahead and paid the extra 100 bucks from a KNOWN retailer.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Ace

100 bucks is not a lot to pay for piece of mind
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 Integrated amp
    Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD
    Teac DS-H01 Dock
    Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur Speakers
    Cardas Cross and Cardas Hexlink Golden 5C
    Tara Labs RSC Reference Gen2

Quote Originally Posted by Ace H
    I called Yamaha and was told the company was NOT an authorized retailer. I went ahead and paid the extra 100 bucks from a KNOWN retailer.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Ace
    Smart move. If they lied to you about being authorized, then there's no telling what else they were lying about.
    I wouldn't mind ordering from someone who admits to not being authorized if the deal was right. But I'd never buy from someone I knew was lying about it.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information