AR Newbie Registered Member

Unhappy Yamaha htr-5860 silver discontinued?

anyone else recently (within in the last month) try to buy one of these receivers?

there's a local stored (yammie authorized dealer) that has a great price on these, but it's been 3 weeks now and none have come in (in silver at least).

i just talked to the sales guy and he says the area manager is not expecting any more in. has anyone heard if Yamaha is discontinuing this line?

Side note....I'd really like an RX-V657, but no one in Washington seems to carry them.

Forum Regular
    Not sure if the 5860 silver is discontinued.

The 5860 and 657 are basically the same receiver- the look a tad different, but performance wise they're the same. Large chain stores like BB and CC carry the HTR series (5890, 5860, etc.) and usually non-corporate stores carry the RXV series (757, 657, etc). Also, there's something to do with selling online as well. If I remember correctly the HTR is authorized through online shopping or something like that- someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fyi, I have the 657 and a 5760 (last years 5860) and they are extremely similar. If I could have found another 5760, I would have gone with another one of those.

Good luck!

Forum Regular
    I think it's a vast electronics conspiracy. They rotate "cool" component colors from silver to black every couple of years, just so we'll have to spend more cash to have a matching system! I think black is the new silver now...

Thread Information