Thread: Wiring Scheme

AR Newbie Registered Member

Wiring Scheme

I recently bought at 5.1 Surround Sound system and am looking for advice on how to wire or interconnect my system.

System consists of:

LCD TV Sony
    Denon Receiver
    Mirage 5.1 Surround Sound system
    Sony DVD player (1080p upconvert)

What I am looking for is a wiring schematic with what type of cables. Can anyone help?

Suspended
    I think the reason you're not getting a response is you should really post in the Home Theater section and you question is a little broad. Can you provide more detail? Which Mirage 5.1 system? How large is the room (how long will the cables need to be)? Budget? How much power in the receiver?

If the rear speakers are a long distance from the receiver you may want heavier speaker wire (14/12 ga). You may also want to check your terminals to see what they can take. For example, if they're spring clip type, 12 ga may not be your best choice.

For interconnects pretty much anything other than OEM should do the job (Monster, AR, etc). Don't go too crazy. When it comes to cables you can pay as much or as little as you want. You have good gear, but it doesn't warrant expensive cables. The law of diminishing returns kicks in real quick. Any entry level interconnect from the brands already mentioned, or Audioquest, Straight Wire, should be fine. Check out Blue Jean cables or others mentioned in the forums. Do a search to see what's popular with the group. Also look on ebay. Decent cables can be found all the time. Ebay stores buy them in bulk for next to nothing, auction a bunch at a time for low initial bids. I've bought good 10' HDMI 1.3 capable cables (required for most upconverting DVD players) for $0.99 + $6.00 shipping. Good Luck.

Thread Information