Forum Regular

DVD Player replacement

My 5 year old Toshiba DVD player needs to be replaced. Need some suggestions on a pretty decent progressive scan player. Hopefully black, thanks!

AR Newbie Registered Member

DVD Replacement

You need to state how much you're willing to spend in a forum such as this one. For some people $1000 is a no problem price.

I recently spent time looking for a replacement for my $150 Toshiba SD3750. I tried several $100 models but when tied to my HDTV the shadows would be pixellated or the highlights would look grainy. I finally settled on a $200 Harmon Kardon 22. (Not Black though) The highlights, shadows and the audio are all perfect.

In retrospect the Toshiba I had looked pretty good though not as sharp a picture as the "22". You may found a higher end Toshiba that supplies bang for your buck. The Zeniths are also supposed to be good, but for any players stay away from the ones selling for around $100 and below

Quote Originally Posted by Rod B
    My 5 year old Toshiba DVD player needs to be replaced. Need some suggestions on a pretty decent progressive scan player. Hopefully black, thanks!

Forum Regular
    Thanks! I looking to stay under $250.

Quote Originally Posted by avux04
    You need to state how much you're willing to spend in a forum such as this one. For some people $1000 is a no problem price.

I recently spent time looking for a replacement for my $150 Toshiba SD3750. I tried several $100 models but when tied to my HDTV the shadows would be pixellated or the highlights would look grainy. I finally settled on a $200 Harmon Kardon 22. (Not Black though) The highlights, shadows and the audio are all perfect.

In retrospect the Toshiba I had looked pretty good though not as sharp a picture as the "22". You may found a higher end Toshiba that supplies bang for your buck. The Zeniths are also supposed to be good, but for any players stay away from the ones selling for around $100 and below

Thread Information