Question weak subwoofer signal

From my subwoofer out on my Yamaha RX-V1400 I have a Y adapter to split the signal. One part goes to my Onkyo amp for my DIY Tempest/dual PR subwoofer and the other goes to my Audiosource 5.2 amp for my 4 Aura BassShakers. Both of my amps seem to be getting a week signal even with the subwoofer level turned up. Is there anything on the market I could use that will split the signal and increase the power of the signal or just something to make a stronger signal before I split it?

Thanks.

Forum Regular
    I know this isn't helping you with you question, sorry, but what are BassShakers?

They shake my couch with the bass from a movie. Eventually I can move out of an apartment and I can just let the subwoofer do that. It is interesting to be able to feel the movie you are watching.

Forum Regular

More Bassshakers Questions

Wow, these sound real interesting and I might try to get a pair(?) for myself. How much do they cost, where do you get them and what would you recommend? Do you use them for playing CDs at all? Any other interesting electronic accessories you have or recommend?
    How did you find out about them? Any information provided would be appreciated.

shouldn't you just be able to turn up the gain on the amp going into the subwoofer? On the older Yamahas, there's was an option to cut the mains by 10 db (it should be in the speaker setup menu) just in case you're having trouble matching the subwoofer and/or surround levels to the mains. Not sure if it's in the RX-V1400.

Also, on active subs, you can boost the signal by 4 db simply by using a Y splitter and plugging both channels into the L/R inputs on the sub. Since it's a monophonic signal, the Y splitter boosts the overall level by putting a signal into both the L and R channel inputs.

nightflier

BassShakers

Check out Parts Express (www.partsexpress.com). They sell several at substantial discounts, $50-100 each, last time I checked.

To the original poster: have you tried setting up a seperate amp for your subwoofer/bassshakers? I suppose any old stereo amp will do, but they also make dedicated sub amps. Check out SVS (www.svsubwoofers.com).

I have a separate amp for both the sub and the bassshakers.

Thread Information