Cool Took back the Samsung Flat TV, and bought a Panasonic Tau.

I bought a 20 inch Samsung flat TV from K-mart for $119 (regular price $179) last month and after couple of weeks of tweaking (thru Service menu) and evaluating, I decided to take it back. There was nothing wrong with the picture and it had good geometry, but I felt improvement can be had in term of sharpness and color liveliness.

So I went to CC and and they had Panasonic Tau 20 inch flat TV CT-20SL13 on sale for $179 (regular $250) which I bought. And the picture difference between Samsung and Panasonic is great. Not only Panasonic is sharper and clearer, but colors are more intense and vivid.

It seem that Panasonic have better comb filter since the comparison was done via composite (RCA) inputs. The text are clearer and sharper and no hanging dot. The text on Samsung were not so clear and hanging dots were visible. So I packed up Samsung and back it went.

Although the price difference between two TVs were $60, but Panasonic have so much goodies (which Samsung lacked) such as Variable Audio Output with BBE enhancement sound, independent picture settings for each input which can be adjusted by the user, and overall better picture. Not to mention one full year labor/parts warranty

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    I bought a 20 inch Samsung flat TV from K-mart for $119 (regular price $179) last month and after couple of weeks of tweaking (thru Service menu) and evaluating, I decided to take it back. There was nothing wrong with the picture and it had good geometry, but I felt improvement can be had in term of sharpness and color liveliness.

So I went to CC and and they had Panasonic Tau 20 inch flat TV CT-20SL13 on sale for $179 (regular $250) which I bought. And the picture difference between Samsung and Panasonic is great. Not only Panasonic is sharper and clearer, but colors are more intense and vivid.

It seem that Panasonic have better comb filter since the comparison was done via composite (RCA) inputs. The text are clearer and sharper and no hanging dot. The text on Samsung were not so clear and hanging dots were visible. So I packed up Samsung and back it went.

Although the price difference between two TVs were $60, but Panasonic have so much goodies (which Samsung lacked) such as Variable Audio Output with BBE enhancement sound, independent picture settings for each input which can be adjusted by the user, and overall better picture. Not to mention one full year labor/parts warranty

Good choice!

I'm using a 36" Panasonic Tau in my HT at the moment. Very good HD perfomance, and significantly better color than most of the other 36"ers I've looked at.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

What I like most about this TV is that you can choose 3 different "memory" picture settings which can be adjusted by user-rather than factory setting-including color temperature for each inputs.

Most TVs today that offer different picture settings are factory set and can not be changed. The only one picture option usually labeled "Custom" can be adjusted by consumers.

Thread Information