MCF
    Forum Regular

Component Splitter?

Is there such a thing as a component cable splitter? The reason I ask is that myTime Warder HD/DVR cable box has one set of components out (I believe, please correct me if wrong). I run the component from the box to my AVR. Now I am getting a new tv with speakers so I can watch the tv without the AVR on; however, I would like to get the component signal from the cable box to the tv's media box. I would think that an easy way to run one component out to two different users (AVR and media box) would be to 'split' it with component 'y adapter'..one component signal in and two out...any thoughts? The reason I want to do this is so I can watch tv without having to turn on the AVR....

only a newbie in name
    Quote Originally Posted by MCF
    Is there such a thing as a component cable splitter? The reason I ask is that myTime Warder HD/DVR cable box has one set of components out (I believe, please correct me if wrong). I run the component from the box to my AVR. Now I am getting a new tv with speakers so I can watch the tv without the AVR on; however, I would like to get the component signal from the cable box to the tv's media box. I would think that an easy way to run one component out to two different users (AVR and media box) would be to 'split' it with component 'y adapter'..one component signal in and two out...any thoughts? The reason I want to do this is so I can watch tv without having to turn on the AVR....
    I have not seen such a thing but there are Y-splitters (1 male to 2 female) that might do the trick. I would be concerned about signal degradation though...

Cheers

MCF,

You can get component switch boxes for reasonable money. Some of them even handle some audio chores as well. Many of the online cable stores carry them, but Copperbox has been around a long time selling devices like this.

Ed

Just out of curiousity: Why on earth would someone such as yourself who has bought the equipment you've bought, asked all the questions you've asked, then turn around and want to listen to tv from the tv's speakers? Mind boggling.

Thread Information