3db
    Forum Regular

Terminator3 replaces U571 as the reference DVD

IMO

Opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Regular
    Matrix: Reloaded and The Two Towers are other reference dvds, along with Finding Nemo.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Matrix: Reloaded and The Two Towers are other reference dvds, along with Finding Nemo.
    Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by reference ??

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 3db
    I woiuld say refernence meaning best production in terms of achieving both quality audio and sound . For instance, U571 made me feel like I was in that sub and if I ever went down in one, thats what I would expect to hear and see. With T3, its the of crunching metal, bullets being fired that sounds so real.
    thanks Ill have to rent it went my wife is out....so I can turn it up and enjoy !!

3db
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow
    Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by reference ??

I woiuld say refernence meaning best production in terms of achieving both quality audio and sound . For instance, U571 made me feel like I was in that sub and if I ever went down in one, thats what I would expect to hear and see. With T3, its the of crunching metal, bullets being fired that sounds so real.

Forum Regular
    Reference discs are considered the gold standard...the kind of discs to really show off your system.

Several have already been mentioned but here are a few:

T3...(Oh yeah!)

T2( Extreme Edition)

U-571...(the depth charge explosions are outstanding)

Finding Nemo...(the vibrant saturated colors are incredible and the surround mix is stellar, particularily when the mines explode)

Both of the LOTR's.....(both feature major-league LFE and the sweeping musical score in the Two Towers is outstanding)

Pearl Harbor...(yeah, I know about the sappy storyline in the earlier parts but the battle scenes at Pearl blew me away)

Shrek

Monster's Inc

Toy Story 1&2...(both are very good but the second one features some of the best surround effects ever, a Hall of Famer)

Ice Age

Sleepy Hollow

The Haunting...(not a great movie but the LFE throughout the movie will rattle your walls)

There are tons of others but I think you get the idea.

Thread Information