• 06-07-2011, 11:54 AM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    I dont meant to ruin your wonderfull and structured conversation but i have a set of four subwoofers. And they are both passive and active.One of them has the amplifier attached to the subwoofer frame and the other set has the amp detached from the subwoofer frame. Both work wonderful and both sets are using the "sealed acoustic suspension" enclousure. One set uses 2 Krell Reference 200 amplifiers and the other set uses a older JVC MD 3030 stereo block. I use a Velodyne SMS -1 to flatten the inroom response and because one set if subwoofers uses a high efficency Focal driver Ót makes no difference if you use the smaller 55lbs JVC or the 253lbs Krell References.

    The most important topic was not even discussed in this thread, room acoustics and the integraton with the meain speakers. It does not matter if the amplifier is attached to the subwoofer or not....

    Cheers

    Speaking of which, four subs would be difficult to get to play together( wave cancelling and all).
    WHERE do you live, the ROMAN colluseam? :1:
  • 06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
    Florian
    Thank you SirT :-)
    (Flo turns to GM to bring out some long forgotten "MagicPixiDust" and sprinkels some over his head... waiting for a reaction)
  • 06-07-2011, 04:17 PM
    Florian
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    Speaking of which, four subs would be difficult to get to play together( wave cancelling and all).
    WHERE do you live, the ROMAN colluseam? :1:

    Not really, but i have multiple systems in multiple rooms :ihih:
  • 06-08-2011, 09:36 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    Speaking of which, four subs would be difficult to get to play together( wave cancelling and all).
    WHERE do you live, the ROMAN colluseam? :1:

    Four subwoofers properly placed does not suffer from cancellations, and it also can take care of the room modes as well.
  • 06-08-2011, 09:51 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Thank you SirT :-)
    (Flo turns to GM to bring out some long forgotten "MagicPixiDust" and sprinkels some over his head... waiting for a reaction)

    OMG! Look at all the cool colors! The blues are so...so... BLUE.
    The reds are red. The greens are green. Wow man. Where'd you get that stuff?

    (GM looks at Sir T.) Wow man. Can you put a hat on or something. All that bright light is harshing my mellow.

    Anyone else here feeling hungry?
  • 06-08-2011, 10:04 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    OMG! Look at all the cool colors! The blues are so...so... BLUE.
    The reds are red. The greens are green. Wow man. Where'd you get that stuff?

    (GM looks at Sir T.) Wow man. Can you put a hat on or something. All that bright light is harshing my mellow.

    Anyone else here feeling hungry?

    Hey, hey, hey.....lay off the glowing dome. Those colors would be far less pleasing if the glow from my dome didn't enhance them. Show some love here mister. :aureola:
  • 06-08-2011, 12:35 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    Hey, hey, hey.....lay off the glowing dome. Those colors would be far less pleasing if the glow from my dome didn't enhance them. Show some love here mister. :aureola:

    Well, sense the bleeding has stopped, and that Pixy dust put me in a good mood, Iíll repeat something that I heard many years ago.

    God only made just so many perfect heads. The rest, he put hair on to cover the defects.

    But I still owe you a wack to the cranium.
  • 06-08-2011, 12:59 PM
    pixelthis
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    OMG! Look at all the cool colors! The blues are so...so... BLUE.
    The reds are red. The greens are green. Wow man. Where'd you get that stuff?

    (GM looks at Sir T.) Wow man. Can you put a hat on or something. All that bright light is harshing my mellow.

    Anyone else here feeling hungry?

    JUST the light reflecting off of talkys head.:1:
  • 06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    Well, sense the bleeding has stopped, and that Pixy dust put me in a good mood, Iíll repeat something that I heard many years ago.

    God only made just so many perfect heads. The rest, he put hair on to cover the defects.

    But I still owe you a wack to the cranium.

    You are way too "wack" allready.
    If you really want a repeat of the JAPANESE earthquake look at WORFS latest thread on VIZIO, and my response.
    THE GOOD GUYS are winning, and TALKY is gonna blow
    all of his fuses(as usual).:1:
  • 06-09-2011, 12:45 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    You are way too "wack" allready.
    If you really want a repeat of the JAPANESE earthquake look at WORFS latest thread on VIZIO, and my response.
    THE GOOD GUYS are winning, and TALKY is gonna blow
    all of his fuses(as usual).:1:

    There is no way I will blow even a single fuse over a person with a brain the size of a Tsetse fly. You are right, the good guys are wining. The ones that provide performance and quality over the ones that don't.
  • 06-09-2011, 12:53 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    There is no way I will blow even a single fuse over a person with a brain the size of a Tsetse fly. You are right, the good guys are wining. The ones that provide performance and quality over the ones that don't.

    WE FINALLY agree on something, only my "good guys"
    are not the corp goons that are your "good guys".
    DON'T FRET Talky, CRT will come back someday, right after
    the next dark age and rise out of barbarism.:1:
  • 06-09-2011, 01:03 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    WE FINALLY agree on something, only my "good guys"
    are not the corp goons that are your "good guys".
    DON'T FRET Talky, CRT will come back someday, right after
    the next dark age and rise out of barbarism.:1:

    Since you represent the next dark age, looks like we are back to the future.
  • 06-09-2011, 01:33 PM
    GMichael
    I like subwoofers, and
    I like turtles. Are you a turtle?
  • 06-09-2011, 01:54 PM
    Florian
    *Flo enters the room and sees GM alone in a corner smoking pixi dust and watching a wise man battle a man with his facebook friends tatooted to his arm. Sits down next to him to light one up as well, but uses the heatsinks of his amp instead of a lighter..... good show and reminisses about long forgotten times
  • 06-10-2011, 06:15 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    *Flo enters the room and sees GM alone in a corner smoking pixi dust and watching a wise man battle a man with his facebook friends tatooted to his arm. Sits down next to him to light one up as well, but uses the heatsinks of his amp instead of a lighter..... good show and reminisses about long forgotten times

    Hey Flo,

    Would you like a beer? There are chips on the shelf over there. Just don't let my wife catch us.
  • 06-10-2011, 10:13 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    Hey Flo,

    Would you like a beer? There are chips on the shelf over there. Just don't let my wife catch us.

    Hey, your not supposed to have that stuff......I am gonna rat you out!!!! :hand:
  • 06-10-2011, 10:45 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    Hey, your not supposed to have that stuff......I am gonna rat you out!!!! :hand:

    I'll just take a double dose of my meds and I'll be fine.

    And you know what happens to rats.:19:
  • 06-10-2011, 12:25 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    I'll just take a double dose of my meds and I'll be fine.

    And you know what happens to rats.:19:

    ATTABOY, thats the kind of thinking that gives me an average 250
    blood sugar reading!!!(that and Kirspy kreams).:1: