Forum Regular

Sony's KDS-R60XBR2!!!!

Hey,

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this set. The XBR1 seems to have such great reviews that I need some help with other models that are out there. To my knowledge there are only a couple of displays that fully resolve 1080p and are over 60". Not including projectors what other Displays are out there? I was also looking at JVC's 70" HDILA but it is really pricey. Sony also has a KDS-A2000 model that also resolves 1080p but it doesnt get as much acclaim as the XBR1. Which might be worth the money? How does HP's 65" DLP stack up. I will use the display for Video Games (PS3) and Movies, Sports, etc.. Any opinions would be nice.

Thanks
    Look at it! It's gonn be something awesome!
    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...HQS=KDSR60XBR2
    KDS-R70XBR2
    AVR 2807
    Monitors 7v.4
    CC-370
    Mini Monitors
    Synergy 12"
    PS3
    D-TV HR21

According to TPV, it doesn't get much better than JVC's HDILA or Sony's SXRD sets. The latest review of the 1080p JVC proclaimed it as a leading contender for "best on the planet." You can't really go wrong with either, IMO.

OTOH, if you aren't in a rush, I'd seriously consider waiting until the LED light source becomes more widely available. LED's warm up much quicker, don't require noisy cooling fans, and offer a life expectancy something on the order 10 times what you can expect with a normal halogen bulb. Do a search here for more info or PM Edyct, our resident video guru.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information