I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

Bedroom HT tale......Thoughts on Polk?

Well my penchant for trolling thrift stores and CL has lead to a complete turnover in my MBR HT set-up. Previously I was using 2 pairs of Minimus 7's as the fronts and rears along with a Bose VCS-10 center channel and low cost Sony sub. It worked surprisingly well for the size of the room and had a very high WAF because of the almost "cube-like" nature of the Minimus 7's.

About a month ago I find a pair of Polk RT15's for $10 and was impressed with their sound. I decided to make them the front's in the MBR HT. My luck continues and I find a Polk CSi3 center channel for $30 and out goes the Bose. So of course I can't have an all Polk front so I score a pair of Polk RT150's for another $30 of off E-Bay (essentially the same as a RT15 but with a rear port instead of a front) and now I think I am set. However having the wandering audio eye that I do I end up finding a pair of Polk RTi38's on CL for $75 and brought them home yesterday. The Sony sub will have to go but so far I am very impressed with the Polks and consider it a definite upgrade. I put the Bose on CL here and looks like I will be selling it pretty soon so my total cash outlay is going to be very minimal.

All in all I'd say 2010 is getting off to a pretty good start......
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    I have a pair of r15's which I use as rears in my HT. $10 is a giveaway price for those.

Forum Regular
    I also have a few Polks in the house. 4 RT25i and CS245i in the MBR; 2 RT15i (rear) and CSi40 in the basement.

Thread Information