Thread: pioneer vsx-59

AR Newbie Registered Member

Question pioneer vsx-59

anyone know anything about pioneer elite vsx-59?

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Nope.

I'm pretty sure they were still selling them up to about 3 years ago. A big 68 lb beast with 160 watts each of 7.1 channels at 6 ohms. If you can get it cheap you may want to.

Looks like a decent receiver. http://www.epinions.com/pr-Pioneer_V...Audio_Receiver

I don't have any personal experience with it though.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Pioneer VSX-59

There are two VSX-59's and they are very different. The original VSX-59 (no appellation) is an Elite branded Pro-logic receiver. I bought it strictly to use for a garage stereo. It has a phono input and tuner and sounds good. But it is old school pro-logic without 5-channel input. I paid $50 for a beautiful piece with remote and it works as well as anything in my garage so far (I admit to having good speakers and a sub). The price is fair considering that it serves as a stereo receiver.

The other VSX-59 TXi is a modern animal with 7.2 channels and 160 wpc and an original $4000 price tag. Get one of these for a bargain and you've got something.

Jim

Looking for schematics for a pioneer SX-5. One output is blown and the resistors are fried. I can't get the resistances.

Talking Help please

I need the schematics or any other info on the Pioneer SX-5. She is a real treasure and I really would like to keep her.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbenya@benyalighting.com View Post
    There are two VSX-59's and they are very different. The original VSX-59 (no appellation) is an Elite branded Pro-logic receiver. I bought it strictly to use for a garage stereo. It has a phono input and tuner and sounds good. But it is old school pro-logic without 5-channel input. I paid $50 for a beautiful piece with remote and it works as well as anything in my garage so far (I admit to having good speakers and a sub). The price is fair considering that it serves as a stereo receiver.

The other VSX-59 TXi is a modern animal with 7.2 channels and 160 wpc and an original $4000 price tag. Get one of these for a bargain and you've got something.

Jim
    Do you know where to find a manual for the original pioneer vsx 59 all I can find is the new txi model and it's frustrating

Thread Information