Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardGein
    I have no idea what you're saying.
    I'm simply taking you at your word when you say that "the sound to me was as close to perfect as I'm ever going to get." Since your sound is so close to perfect, then I take it that we won't have anymore of these threads from you talking about all these changes affect your sound quality.

And if it's so perfect to your ears, then I guess you won't ever try the speaker and room acoustics improvements that others have been telling you will have a far bigger impact than cabling and transport switches will ever have (something that can easily be independently verified by more than just someone's "I hear it, therefore it is" assurances).
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    He already said he might try speakers when he moves but for now in the space he has he'll stay with the orbs but then you never know.
    Look & Listen

Forum Regular
    Thank You Shokhead. I probably won't be posting on this board for a while because other then 15 or so people like Musicman Topspeeed Woochiver Smokey Sir Terrance Kexodisc, this board has ceased to be very useful, informative or helpful. Yeah that's a promise.

Forum Regular
    thanks ed.Thats a compliment.

bill

Thank You Shokhead. I probably won't be posting on this board for a while because other then 15 or so people like Musicman Topspeeed Woochiver Smokey Sir Terrance Kexodisc, this board has ceased to be very useful, informative or helpful. Yeah that's a promise.
    Darn. I was eager to hear about the major improvements you got by upgrading from your $40 optical cable to an $80 optical cable.

He has become the master of all things audio and "knows" everything so us morons aren't needed anymore. This is the greatest thing to happen to this board.

Mid-Fi

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Darn. I was eager to hear about the major improvements you got by upgrading from your $40 optical cable to an $80 optical cable.
    Haha!

Forum Regular
    Go back to China, Minye. That was my April Fool's joke for which the applicable responded in kind (Musicman is not included in that category). Incidently, Paul PCI heard both my Pioneer PD-59 & Adcom setups, and did hear difference with all the set ups, albeit not night & day, even when Optic Cables were used. About the only thing we disagreed on was, he thought the Adcom also improved the PD-59 & I really didn't, but again he didn't think the improvement on it was worth the $260 or so for it. The biggest difference for which we both noticed a big difference was in his Velodyne SPL800 Series 2 Sub which definately sounded far superior than my Orb Supereight Subwoofer.

The biggest difference for which we both noticed a big difference was in his Velodyne SPL800 Series 2 Sub which definately sounded far superior than my Orb Supereight Subwoofer.
    How many times have we told you that your speakers should be upgraded first?

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    How many times have we told you that your speakers should be upgraded first?
    I plan on taking him to audition some speakers which would fit his aesthetic/size prefernces, but I don't know if he'll have the budget at the moment to make a complete transformation. But we can all cross our fingers. On the other hand, given that much of his music catalog are 60s and 70s era recordings, speakers that would be too revealing might actually be a step backward for his uses. He has no qualms agreeing that for newer recordings, my system sounds better, but that's not what he listens to.

He seemed somewhat interested in trying the Yamaha YSP1.
    Look & Listen

Yeah that's a promise.
    *ahem*
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    He seemed somewhat interested in trying the Yamaha YSP1.
    He knows what it looks like? If I remember correctly, you heard one and were impressed, right? I haven't heard it yet.

I talked to him on the phone and he was willing to go listen. A friend of mine got one and likes its alot. I was supprised how good it worked.
    Look & Listen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information