Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Romanticist Philosopher

Pictures of my Home Theater with 8 Behringer EP2500s

That is what it looks like to me when I'm sitting there posting with you. That 24" monitor is the 2407WFP, just a lovely piece of gear from Dell. I put it on a separate stand with wheels so I can enjoy whatever it may be in a different way than most PC users. Anyhow it is nice to sit on a comfortable couch with 7800 watts of Gandalf New Ageness going. It truly is all about the ambience. I'm sorry if the pics are too high res but I did not know what res I had the camera set at until I posted them at 2048 * 1536. I hope nothing to embarassing shows up in the photos. Now, onto the frontal region.

The most important components are.

The Source: Pioneer VSX-1016 TSV

The Power: 8 Behringer EP2500 amplifiers 450 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms .1% distortion running in parallel mono powering two speakers for every channel in a 7.1 setup

The Speakers:

Center: Two Sony SS-CN550H

Mains: 4 Sony SS-MF550H

Rears and Surround Back: 4 Sony SS-MF550H and 4 Sony SS-MB150

Subwoofers: 2 Pyle PASW18 18" DJ Subs and 3 Sony SA-WX700 subs with 200 watt min RMS each
    Last edited by Robert-The-Rambler; 03-14-2007 at 04:29 PM.

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile The Frontal Region

I apologize for the mess. In that picture you can see my wonderful Hitachi 65" widescreen HDTV. I do love it so much that I will be selling my Sanyo PLV-Z5 and Infocus Screenplay 5000 LCD projectors.
    Last edited by Robert-The-Rambler; 03-14-2007 at 04:26 PM.

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile The front from another angle

You can clearly see the two speaker approach I took for each channel, along my my Dual Disc DVD player, upconverting DVD player, and my Pioneer VSX-1016 TSV.
    Last edited by Robert-The-Rambler; 03-14-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile Behind the TV 3 Sony WX-700 Dual 10" Subwoofers

More indeed is better and any lack of bottom end is found in a hurry depending on what you are listening to.
    Last edited by Robert-The-Rambler; 03-14-2007 at 04:33 PM.

ok,
    due to unscaled photos, this is difficult to see, but do you have the two right channel fronts firing directly into some sort of shelf
    HT: Anthem AVM 50 / PVA-7; Focal JM Lab 4x Chorus 716 S, CC 700 S, 2x Chorus 706S; 2x 12s - Homebuilt Sub
    2CH: B&K PT3 s2, Anthem PVA-2, VonSchweikert VR-1
    Computer: Denon AVR 2805, Old Tecnic & Optimus Speakers
    2004 KTM 200 SX
    2003 Spyder
    2002 Single Cab, 3" cornfed lift, 34"LTB & 31" AT's
    ONLINE PHOTO ALBUM

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile A Pyle 18" Subwoofer Closeup of PASW18

The two of them sure look mean but they get a run for there money by the Sony-WX700s. They really just add more volume. The Sony subs do most of the work.
    Last edited by Robert-The-Rambler; 03-14-2007 at 04:35 PM.

dude, check out http://www.webshots.com/

they are free and allow you to post pics like this:
    HT: Anthem AVM 50 / PVA-7; Focal JM Lab 4x Chorus 716 S, CC 700 S, 2x Chorus 706S; 2x 12s - Homebuilt Sub
    2CH: B&K PT3 s2, Anthem PVA-2, VonSchweikert VR-1
    Computer: Denon AVR 2805, Old Tecnic & Optimus Speakers
    2004 KTM 200 SX
    2003 Spyder
    2002 Single Cab, 3" cornfed lift, 34"LTB & 31" AT's
    ONLINE PHOTO ALBUM

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile A view of the left rear area

As you can see there are 4 rears there and also on the opposite side of the room there are also 4 more.
    Last edited by Robert-The-Rambler; 03-14-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Romanticist Philosopher

Thumbs up And lastly 8 Behringer EP2500s!!!!!

They do the job admirably from crisp treble, wonderful pianos, to thunderous bass. I hope that some day all audio enthusiasts can take a chance on the EP2500, one of the best values in audio today. I really need a new amp rack.
    Last edited by Robert-The-Rambler; 03-14-2007 at 04:56 PM.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Yes you are correct behringer amps are one of the best values in audio today. You can find people giving them away, because they are a pathetic attempt at an amplifier. Behringer is the pondscum of the pro-audio world. Hate to be rude but you should read a book about sound system design, or at least general accoustics. Look up the words "Lobeing" and "Combing" and see if they mean any thing to you.

Quote Originally Posted by audiovideoguy1979
    Look up the words "Lobeing" and "Combing" and see if they mean any thing to you.
    Maybe you should go back and visit your kindergarten teacher and have her remind you of the saying, "if you do not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at ALL!"

Interesting rig, Rob. Two questions:

1) What's with all the painters tape?
    2) Why do have your speakers firing into furniture?

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile Okay, I'll clarify the furniture thing

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Interesting rig, Rob. Two questions:

1) What's with all the painters tape?
    1. The tape I used to label the wires when I replaced the Gemini amps I had with these Behringers.

2. I am too lazy to empy the cabinet will all my Xbox games, DVDs, and music CDs. I hate that part of my setup over by the front right channel. I'm going to move that huge contraption over by the beam in the middle of the room. I don't want anything in front of any of the speakers where possible.

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile I better repost the pics scaled down to 1280 * 1024

I'm gonna try to repost the pics at a lower resolution. It is giving me a bit of a headache and my monitor is at 1900 * 1200. Sorry for the oversight.

Forum Regular

Wow!

You have a ton of Sony speakers...........what is the purpose of having two of everything??? Having two of everything shouldn't make it sound any better......those are Sony speakers.

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile Hope the pics are easy to see.

They are now 1280 * 1024. Let me know if you hav any problems.

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile With these speakers 2 is much better

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus1706
    You have a ton of Sony speakers...........what is the purpose of having two of everything??? Having two of everything shouldn't make it sound any better......those are Sony speakers.
    I have used only one per channel but did not like the sound as much. With two it justs sounds better. It isn't just about how loud they are. I think of it this way. Lets say you have a choir with only 5 people versus one with ten. I just think that the one with ten would have more of a presence vocally even if all the voices sounded the same. It would just sound like more people were there and it does when you have more speakers with these speakers. Lets say a band has five members and they are all singing in harmony like a song like Seven Bridges Road from the Eagles. Would you not want to have 5 speakers in the front soundstage to accomodate their voices? I don't know. More speakers and the seeming appearance of more voices creates a more "live" sound.

WOW!

You wouldn't be related to Brainstorm by any chance, would you

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus1706
    More speakers produce more dB, everything else being equal.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I know I'm not supposed to say anything, but you have some serious placement issues.

Oh, and where are the wavy lines? I expect to see some heat haze above the amps.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile There is always something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I know I'm not supposed to say anything, but you have some serious placement issues.

Oh, and where are the wavy lines? I expect to see some heat haze above the amps.
    Well, my vacation starts in a couple weeks so I'll move the stupid cabinet ASAP. Any other suggestions are welcome, love it, hate it, or whatever else. <>___<>

If you put your face in front of the amps you get a steady cool breeze. Its some cooling solution they got going in there. These speakers probably don't even warm up the amplifiers.

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    WOW!

You wouldn't be related to Brainstorm by any chance, would you

Well some people benefit from having bad hearing, but I don't get why they feel need to buy more of the garbage when it doesn't do them any good.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert-The-Rambler
    Well, my vacation starts in a couple weeks so I'll move the stupid cabinet ASAP.
    Well, it's not just the cabinet, but that's the most glaring error, and would be a good start.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Too many speakers too little Sq. footage...

It appears that you are a big fan of multiple speakers, which to each his own. Personally I would rather have fewer great speakers than alot of decent speakers in my setup. It doesn't seem like the room you have is fitting for that many speakers as the pictures would suggest that the room is not really that big and for all those speakers there must be some bleeding over and/or cancelling out. However, cleaning it up, room calibration, and getting some room treatments would certainly help matters.

Quote Originally Posted by emorphien

Well some people benefit from having bad hearing, but I don't get why they feel need to buy more of the garbage when it doesn't do them any good.
    Everyone has to start somewhere and if you boys would "holster your guns", maybe he will stick around long enough to actually learn something. But, if you keep at it, all he will do is leave the audio review forum with a bad taste in his mouth.

If you boys would show a little diplomacy, this site will grow and everybody wins.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information