Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Suspended
    I think the MCACC is now in a straight jacket and on its way to Happy Acres!

Thanks,
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Robert-The-Rambler
    It is not one outlet. Are you mad? <>__<> Not even I am crazy enough to do that. It is separated over FOUR outlets.
    My God. Do you have the fire department on speed dial?

Problems with MCACC

When I bought my last few Pioneer receivers I thought that the MCACC was a brilliant idea and used it on a regular basis to get the room to sound good. However, I realized upon more careful examination that it's more often than not...dead wrong. While this is a great tool to get things 'about' right, you really need to use your own ear to really get it fine tuned. I've noticed that it's easier to do it in a few quick steps...

First, select your speaker size.
    Second, choose speaker distance and make sure that your left and right are balanced as well as your rear right and left.
    Third, match speaker level to your listening position.
    Fourth, EQ based on your left and right, this is usually where the "auto" version goofs up.
    Fifth, play a few selections you are familar to get things fine tuned.

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile I only let it select EQ settings

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    When I bought my last few Pioneer receivers I thought that the MCACC was a brilliant idea and used it on a regular basis to get the room to sound good. However, I realized upon more careful examination that it's more often than not...dead wrong. While this is a great tool to get things 'about' right, you really need to use your own ear to really get it fine tuned. I've noticed that it's easier to do it in a few quick steps...

First, select your speaker size.
    Second, choose speaker distance and make sure that your left and right are balanced as well as your rear right and left.
    Third, match speaker level to your listening position.
    Fourth, EQ based on your left and right, this is usually where the "auto" version goofs up.
    Fifth, play a few selections you are familar to get things fine tuned.
    I should have been more clear about that. So I adjust the sub and all volume setting based on what the Auto EQ comes up with. With this last running of the Auto EQ it seems to be doing great. In fact I am a little worried about running it again but now since I have all equal amplfliers and the speakers are acoustically matched I have a little less too worry about. I do have it set to all channels independently set.

I have everything set to large and the subwoofer to plus. That offers a very natural sound. If I set to small it just gets a bit wierd on the upper end. 450 watts is not ideal for blasting just a midrange and tweeter. It is piercing if you get carried away with it. Setting to small can also give too much signal to the sub channel, too. It is all about balance. Thanks so much for your response. I really need to get back to setting up my "new" amplifier rack. I actually bought a $40 plastic storage rack at Home Depot that claims it can hold up to 750lbs. We shall see. Its roomy and easy to run wires to.

Romanticist Philosopher

Wink I have lots of surge protection. <>__<>

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    My God. Do you have the fire department on speed dial?
    You should never up the wattage without protection.

I honestly don't think you know what you are talking about...

You should never up the wattage without protection.
    Surge protection has absolutely nothing to do with overloading a socket with too much juice. It would appear based on your setup and your comments that you are a bit confused on several things. I am not trying to be mean in spirit, but hopefully we can all help you get on track.

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile I thought about that

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Surge protection has absolutely nothing to do with overloading a socket with too much juice. It would appear based on your setup and your comments that you are a bit confused on several things. I am not trying to be mean in spirit, but hopefully we can all help you get on track.
    Anyhow, having it separated over several power outlets has been doing the trick. I focused too much on the corny joke than whether it made any sense. I've never blown a fuse so I think I'm doing okay. I don't think the current draw is near as high as Behringer puts the EP2500 at 9.6 amps. I don't think they mention at what point that was measured.

Forum Regular
    I can't believe you have 8 of them!!! I bought one to drive some power hungry subs but when I upgraded my subs I used the amp to drive my mains. Turns out they do it very well, even though they are a whole lot more amp than I need.

Ultradrive which was mentioned by Brainstorm is very different to what you find in your receiver. It would allow you to make your own active speakers without needing to design a passive crossover, or being locked in to the design. Not a bad idea if that is your kind of thing.

Well, my vacation starts in a couple weeks so I'll move the stupid cabinet ASAP. Any other suggestions are welcome, love it, hate it, or whatever else. <>___<>

If you put your face in front of the amps you get a steady cool breeze. Its some cooling solution they got going in there. These speakers probably don't even warm up the amplifiers.
    Sorry this trip to AR was a bit of a kick in the face. just keep in mind that most of the people here are mid age, a little over weight and have stopped asking the mrs. for any .
    HT system:
    Marantz SR7001 receiver
    Emotiva UPA-2 Amplifier
    Adcom GDV-870 DVD-A/CD player
    Yamaha S1800 DVD/SACD player
    Panasonic DMP-BD60K blu Ray player
    PSB Image series speakes s/s
    Dayton RSS210HF 8" reference sub
    Hitachi 46" HD projector screen

2 year old thread...

Quote Originally Posted by rob_a
    Sorry this trip to AR was a bit of a kick in the face. just keep in mind that most of the people here are mid age, a little over weight and have stopped asking the mrs. for any .
    Please speak for yourself about gettin' any. I'm 62 and I try to get some everyday. I succeed about half the time. So, life's not too bad at least half the time!
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

My eyes!, My eyes! God please!!! Make it stop, make it stop!!!

Some threads are better left dead.
    *Panasonic 60" Plasma HDTV
    *Marantz AV7005
    *Marantz MM7055
    *Oppo Digital BDP-95
    *Silverline Audio Sonatina MK II
    *Silverline Center Stage
    *Silverline Audio SR11
    *SVS SB12

http://www.panasonic.com
    http://www.marantz.com
    http://www.oppodigital.com
    http://www.silverlineaudio.com
    http://www.svsound.com

Boy that was to funny.

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Boy that was to funny.

frenchmon
    I don't think even the worst horror movie frightened me as much as this set up did! Oooo!
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    2 year old thread...
    OHH, I see who would bring this back to life???
    HT system:
    Marantz SR7001 receiver
    Emotiva UPA-2 Amplifier
    Adcom GDV-870 DVD-A/CD player
    Yamaha S1800 DVD/SACD player
    Panasonic DMP-BD60K blu Ray player
    PSB Image series speakes s/s
    Dayton RSS210HF 8" reference sub
    Hitachi 46" HD projector screen

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile Hey Guys!!!! Holy Crap. Somebody Found This Thread....

I have changed the setup a bit these days scaling back to just 5 EP2500s and using less speakers but the song remains the same as is the intent. I love it loud and clear. Unfortunately with work and life in general I haven't been able to use the gear as much as I would like but hey I have no reservations about saying that I can play John Denver louder than anybody in the neighborhood.

Anyhow, looking back the room really was like a mad science lab. It still needs work but I will say that it is not going to be as messy next time I post pics. I still stand by the assertion that high power DJ gear can turn something mediocre like my speakers into something less mediocre with the help of a quality component like a receiver.

Perhaps much like this thread my love of movies/music with be revived as well.

Suspended
    So two whole days have gone by and no one has welcomed R-t-R back.

Welcome back Robert. Would love to see more pics but I don't know if this site has the bandwidth for pictures much larger than say... a thumbnail. Who knows though.

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile Thanks Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    So two whole days have gone by and no one has welcomed R-t-R back.

Welcome back Robert. Would love to see more pics but I don't know if this site has the bandwidth for pictures much larger than say... a thumbnail. Who knows though.
    I have another setup composed of some of my older gear that some might say is a lot better than the newer stuff. Thanks for the welcome. My bedroom is a whole different story, too... <>__<>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information