Thread: Old & New pic's

Forum Regular

Old & New pic's

I thought i would post a few pic's of what i'v been up to over the last 2 months, In pic no 1 i moved my bedroom system out to my shop, old standerd 50' toshiba tv, kenwood receiver, junk dvd player and a pair of jbl 620's, picture and sound is not to bad for a bunch of old stuff, In pic no 2 is my old set up in my living room, what i done is move my 57'' tv upstairs to my bedroom a got rid of the audio stand, In pic no 3 is my 57'' toshiba and a new dish 612 in my bedroom, had to split the tv in half to get it up the stairs, what a **tch. also had to biuld a stand for the dish receiver, I wish the top of the 57'' was flat like the old one so i could set more stuff on the top of it. In pic no.4 is the new audio stand being built, it took a long time for me to run all them nuts up and down the thread rods, thought i would never get done, In pic no.5 is my new setup in my livingroom, I got me a new 42'' lg 720p plasma tv, I looked at the lcd's and the1080p stuff and at 10ft away i couldnot see enough difference to justify more money. I realize there nothing here that is high end or even close but this system has a good picture and sounds dam good for movies, my equipment
    Lg 42'' plasma
    Denon 4800 receiver
    Denon 1600 dvd player
    Panamax 4300 surge protector
    Dish 722 hd dvr satellite receiver
    Sonance 2120t power amp - mains
    Audio source amp one A - bridged for center
    Audio source amp 100 - for back surrounds
    Klipsch sb-3s mains
    Klipsch sc-3 center
    Klipcsh ss-1s surounds sides & back
    Sub paradigm ps 1000
    Wiring - AR
    Speaker stands home made
    Audio stand home made, Hope you guys injoy the pic's BTW i forgot to say that i put big carpet sliders under the new audio stand so i can pull it out away from the wall with great ease for cleaning and maintenance, that worked out very well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old & New pic's-2008_0308image0002.jpg   Old & New pic's-2007_0127image0006.jpg   Old & New pic's-hdtv.jpg   Old & New pic's-2008_0202image0004.jpg   Old & New pic's-2008_0228image0022.jpg  

Last edited by s dog; 03-08-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Excellent job on that wide stand mate.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Shag
    Excellent job on that wide stand mate.
    Thanks, I like this stand because its so easy to work and clean around the equipment. Plenty of room to get rid of unwanted heat.
    Last edited by s dog; 03-21-2008 at 08:29 PM.

that stand is totally badass, nice work

Suspended
    Ditto everything above s dog. Great way to show off your equipment and at the same time emphasize beautiful wood carpentry. What kind of wood did you use? How did you finish it?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Ditto everything above s dog. Great way to show off your equipment and at the same time emphasize beautiful wood carpentry. What kind of wood did you use? How did you finish it?
    the wood is pine and i just used some minwax wood stain & some wood sealer, [ color of stain GOLDEN PECAN ] nothing fancy here, I would have like to use oak but it cost way to much for me. thanks for the compliments guys.

S Dog, you the Man, I mean Top Dog! Looks great!
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP