Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Next Upgrade?

Next Upgrade?

Anybody got anything on their list? What is it or what are you hoping to improve?

Are you saving up for something...waiting for new BR players to drop?

Perhaps your content with your current setup......LIAR

I want to pave our driveway and put in a nice sidewalk. Then maybe a few bushes.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I want to pave our driveway and put in a nice sidewalk. Then maybe a few bushes.
    JERK!!!!

A/V only.....

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    JERK!!!!

A/V only.....
    I was thinking of getting a couple of those rock speakers for outside.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    I haven't replaced my fence yet.

dax
    Forum Regular
    I'm not lying when I say I'm content with my audio system. However, I need (want) an HDTV. Saving up for a Sony KDL52XBR4 and a Bluray. Then I'll be content. At least for a little while....

Suspended
    So GM, have you gotten your mortgage situation straightened out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Not yet. So no real upgrades.

How did I know this thread wouldn't last long

My next upgrade will be a furniture grade subwoofer. Rel or MJ Acoustics, maybe? The older I get, the more I want a refined look to the home environs. The SVS cylinder is starting to feel too techno-geek chic to me.
    *Panasonic 60" Plasma HDTV
    *Marantz AV7005
    *Marantz MM7055
    *Oppo Digital BDP-95
    *Silverline Audio Sonatina MK II
    *Silverline Center Stage
    *Silverline Audio SR11
    *SVS SB12

http://www.panasonic.com
    http://www.marantz.com
    http://www.oppodigital.com
    http://www.silverlineaudio.com
    http://www.svsound.com

My upgrade list if I could upgrade anything (in the most likely order).

1) A BFD.
    2) An HDMI receiver so I can get the new HD audios.
    3) A 1080p projector. Right now the Sanyo PLV-Z2000, Panasonic PT-AE2000U and Optoma HD80 top off my list.
    4) Center and surrounds to match my Mini's. They are still not for sale yet though. Maybe available late this year or early next.
    5) Amp(s). Emotiva looks affordable. 250wpc stereo amp for $799. 200wpc 5 channel for another $799.
    5) A BMF sub from AV123 to also match my Mini's.
    6) Move current system into the basement including 720p projector, RX-V2500 receiver, Infinity Primus 7.1 system.

Suspended
    How did I know this thread wouldn't last long
    Okay. A PS3. Happy now?

Suspended
    I think an amp is in my not too distant future plans as well. Probably a 2 channel.

The thing is, and maybe I should start a separate thread, I'm constantly hearing that B&W's like a lot of current. Okay, so what exactly do I gain? And do I need 250 watts like GM talks about on his list? I'm told that Rotel amps won't match up with my listening habits, which are mostly Rock (i.e. Pink Floyd, Rush, Genesis), some Jazz (i.e. Jeff Beck, Smooth sounding Jazz), Blues (i.e. Eric Clapton). So who's amp should I be looking at?

I think an amp is in my not too distant future plans as well. Probably a 2 channel.

The thing is, and maybe I should start a separate thread, I'm constantly hearing that B&W's like a lot of current. Okay, so what exactly do I gain? And do I need 250 watts like GM talks about on his list? I'm told that Rotel amps won't match up with my listening habits, which are mostly Rock (i.e. Pink Floyd, Rush, Genesis), some Jazz (i.e. Jeff Beck, Smooth sounding Jazz), Blues (i.e. Eric Clapton). So who's amp should I be looking at?
    yeah, start a new thread jerk

Suspended
    Well, at least it was on topic.

1) A BFD.
    3) A 1080p projector. Right now the Sanyo PLV-Z2000, Panasonic PT-AE2000U and Optoma HD80 top off my list.
    4) Center and surrounds to match my Mini's. They are still not for sale yet though. Maybe available late this year or early next.
    5) Amp(s). Emotiva looks affordable. 250wpc stereo amp for $799. 200wpc 5 channel for another $799.
    5) A BMF sub from AV123 to also match my Mini's.
    6) Move current system into the basement including 720p projector, RX-V2500 receiver, Infinity Primus 7.1 system.
    Wow, that's a list.....does your wife know about it

I like that you put the BFD first. Cheapest upgrade but will make a dramatic improvement in SQ. Geez, I'm starting to sound like Wooch & Kex

I don't think I need 250 watts either. But the specs seem nice for an $800 amp. Reviews are hot. And it would have all the Amps your B&W's could ever want.

Wow, that's a list.....does your wife know about it

I like that you put the BFD first. Cheapest upgrade but will make a dramatic improvement in SQ. Geez, I'm starting to sound like Wooch & Kex
    She knows that I want all these things. She also knows that I won't buy any of it till I know we are out of the woods.

Not a bad duo to sound like. I should be so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssJazz
    My next upgrade will be a furniture grade subwoofer. Rel or MJ Acoustics, maybe? The older I get, the more I want a refined look to the home environs. The SVS cylinder is starting to feel too techno-geek chic to me.
    Are you based in the US? I'm not sure MJ Acoustics subs are available there. If you're in the UK, check out BK electronics subs as well.

JSE
    Hah, I thought he meant a Big F'ing "Richard"!

Suspended
    Oh you're a riot Jamie!

I really don't have a list. Last year was my year (TV, AVR, sound panels, BFD, blackout curtains, PS3, A2......). Maybe a 2 channel amp but nothing expensive. Not sure if my system would benefit from it though.

Rich, when you gonna start that amp thread....I gotta couple of questions myself.

My lungs, I just quit smoking.

But seriously, speakers. I'm thinking about the Theil CS3.7 or the PSB Synchrony One but obliviously going to audition more brands also. This all depends if I get the job in Australia I'm hoping for.

I was happy with my PSB G-Designs until I upgraded my preamp and amp (thanks O'Shag, LOL)
    Last edited by Luvin Da Blues; 04-02-2008 at 02:27 PM.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

1) A BFD.
    Got it
    Need it
    Need it

I am as yet undecided on this brand. Haven't got play with one. Price is nice but I'd like to see how they're doing in a few years.
    We've just sold our house, so as soon as the freakin' snow melts I can start with moving everything to the next house.
    I am as yet undecided if i will get a new receiver, or just get a BluRay player capable of decoding all the fancy audio formats for now? HDMI receivers got back to being fairly pricey compared to comparable performing models from a few years back. But they sure can offer some convenience. My wife's already buying new furniture, not sure I'll have enough dough left over after Armageddon.

The priority list looks like this:
    1) 1080p projector + screen
    2) BluRay player or PS3
    3) New chair...i've worn the ass grove to the pine
    4) A/V Receiver

Then I tackle my next project - Infinite Baffle sub.
    Last edited by kexodusc; 04-02-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

I listen to a lot of prog rock - Rush, Pink Floyd, Yes, Dream Theater, Genesis, Pain of Salvation etc, and a ton of Jazz, Blues, and classical.
    Certainly seems to sound pretty good on my Rotel.

I also have a few NAD amps lying around that offer different presentation. I like them too, but the Rotel has a more neutral sound to me. Forget what people tell you. Listen for yourself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information