need help with speaker choice...

I currently only have Klipsch KG3.5 and was going to buy the synergy center and surround to match. But then I was thinking of buying the F-3's to be my new mains and moving the KG3.5 to the rear and getting the c-3 as the center. My other option would be just to get the F-2 fronts, C-2 center, and, s-2 rears and sell the KG's. Are true surround speakers going to sound better as surround then the floor standing ones?

I am also considering the Paradigm speakers. I read a lot of good reviews about them but haven't heard em yet.

These are going to be for my Onkyo TX-SR703 receiver. I am not set on Klipsch, I just kinda like what I know I guess.

Oh, where can you get the new klipsch besides Best Buy. I can't find any other dealers.

golden ear
    paradigm speakers are good. you may wanna listen to reference 60 floor standing. this one is good for both music and ht.

Suspended
    The Klipsch' are definitely good for home theater. They're a good value, efficient, dynamic and easily available. As far as which line to purchase, Klipsch' website has good documentation supporting which surrounds and centers sound good with particular mains. I have several systems, one's a Klipsch system consisting of Kg4 mains, KV3 center and RS-3 front and rear surrounds (Yamaha RX-V2095 has front effects channels). This system sounds great and I'll never replace it.

That being said, although the Klipsch' are a good home theater system I don't think they can hold a candle to a Paradigm Reference system. You'll pay substantially more for comparable speakers, but I believe you'll find them more detailed and musical. You will probably need a better than average receiver to reap their fulll benefit. I woudn't try to use them in a home theater without at least 100w/ch. If you're looking for a reasonably-priced, dynamic, knock your socks off home theater, go with the Klipsch. But, if you want a system which is good for both music and home theater, you're into quality moreso than quantity and you have the bucks and watts, go with the Paradigm. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thread Information