Multi disk Blu Ray?

Will anyone, anywhere at any time make a multi-disk Blu Ray player? I know they're biig, expensive and more complicated but it doesn't HAVE to be 5 disk, 3 disks would do quite nicely.

Da Worfster

Cool

I dont see why not, they have made a multidisc of everything else.
    The coming thing is putting Blu in computers, especially laptops.
    Just about every laptop I saw yesterday had a HDMI output,
    and half had BLU players, a lap with a blu drive would be very cost effective.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Forum Regular

coming soon

Sony BDPCX960
    400 disc Blu-ray changer
    BD Live
    internet support for cover art
    MSRP $900.00 ????
    release late Oct.

Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by AVMASTER
    Sony BDPCX960
    400 disc Blu-ray changer
    BD Live
    internet support for cover art
    MSRP $900.00 ????
    release late Oct.
    I don't have 300 DVD's of any stripe. I don't make enough money to own 300 BluRays, Thanks for the heads up though.

Da Worfster

Forum Regular
    I know how you feel, the only blu-ray discs I own are demo discs from the manufacturers!

Kinda bizarre that the first multidisc BD player would be one of Sony's 300-disc Megachangers. Then again, I get the impression that the five-disc carousel DVD players did not sell very well, since I hardly see them on display anymore.

I would guess that's because most DVDs are authored to revert back to the menu screen at the end of a disc. Even if you had five DVDs cued up, you basically remain stuck on the Disc One menu screen. And even if the carousel could advance to the next disc, you're still stuck on the menu screen until you select the play option.

Sony's Megachangers are used more for storing entire music and movie collections than for cueing up movie playlists.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Are there even 300 BluRay titles in existance?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Kinda bizarre that the first multidisc BD player would be one of Sony's 300-disc Megachangers. Then again, I get the impression that the five-disc carousel DVD players did not sell very well, since I hardly see them on display anymore.

I would guess that's because most DVDs are authored to revert back to the menu screen at the end of a disc. Even if you had five DVDs cued up, you basically remain stuck on the Disc One menu screen. And even if the carousel could advance to the next disc, you're still stuck on the menu screen until you select the play option.

Sony's Megachangers are used more for storing entire music and movie collections than for cueing up movie playlists.
    Sony did have a 200 disc blu-ray server which basically was a computer with a megachanger added; unfortunately it didn't do very well, cost prohibited and poor interface.Back in the day we would only use the big megachangers as storage devices before the harddrives and I-pods came around. They took up way too much space and they had a very poor interface. The DVD carousel players were sold to do double duty but that didn't work too well; seems that some customers just didn't get that it plays your CDs too! Now you got Kaleidescape, VUDU, music servers from just about everybody, and of course, I-pods

Suspended
    From what I understand the 960 will store and play BD/DVD/CD.

And, there are definitely more than 300 BD titles. A lot of what comes out leaves me scratching my head but I guess it's maybe due to Blu being in so many countries. Either that or I'm not in tune with the normal viewer. There's a lot of Japanese animation and what I'd call movies that stretch to become a "B" movie.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer

I never had that problem with my 5 disc Sony SACD/DVD player, when ever a disc finished it just went to the next.
    I currently have a 300 disc changer, and the sound is quite good, if not audiophile,
    and perfectly acceptable for casual listening.
    One more thing about 5 disc DVD players, you never have to get up except for teh call of nature.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Thread Information