Thread: Jvc Rx-6020 Vbk

Forum Regular

Question Jvc Rx-6020 Vbk

Im wondering if anyone has experience or comments about the JVC RX-6020VBX?
    Im looking for an inexpensive home theater receiver that will Only be used for that, It will Not be used to listen to music so not worried how it is for music, I have a chance to pick up a Brand New not used one of these from a friend for cheap, it would need to power 2-135 watt 8ohm towers and 2-60 watt 8 ohm speakers, and I will pick up a center channel when I get a receiver, Also with the speakers I have now and a new center channel that I will get , Do I still need to get a Sub???
    Thanks for the help
    Dale M

Red face I'd avoid JVC if I were you...

Quote Originally Posted by Dale M
    Im wondering if anyone has experience or comments about the JVC RX-6020VBX?
    Im looking for an inexpensive home theater receiver that will Only be used for that, It will Not be used to listen to music so not worried how it is for music, I have a chance to pick up a Brand New not used one of these from a friend for cheap, it would need to power 2-135 watt 8ohm towers and 2-60 watt 8 ohm speakers, and I will pick up a center channel when I get a receiver, Also with the speakers I have now and a new center channel that I will get , Do I still need to get a Sub???
    Thanks for the help
    Dale M
    I've dealt with this model and a couple of similar ones. They are the most complicated pieces of crap I've ever dealt with. Extremely hard to program, adjust and use. If you're a noob I'd say avoid it like the plague every bargain ain't a bargain. If you need cheep and easy, get an Onkyo 601 or Yammie... or Denon even. Much easier to work with.

Da Worfster

My experience is actually the opposite from Worf's. I had the RX-6018 VBK. I got it for $100 used on Ubid and worked great and was actually very easy to program, easier than my current Marantz receiver. If you can get it for under $140 brand new I'd say go for it, only complaints are the spring clip terminals and lack of inputs. Only for a budget system would I pick this receiver.

-Joey

Forum Regular
    My experiences with JVC receivers hasn't been good. My JVC RX-8000V gave me problems. To date, my Yamaha RX-V496 has been performed flawlessly and produces better sound than the JVC. I also paid roughly $150 less for the Yamaha. My recommendation would be to go with an entry level Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, etc. over the JVC.

For HT, you will need to buy a sub.

Forum Regular

true

i had a JVC receiver a few years ago and it was ok....i was on a budget at that time also...I upgraded to a Onkyo receiver and almost lost my mind...It was only 100.00 more but the difference was outstanding...I now upgraded to Harman Kardon AVR7200 and believe me its an upgrade...My advice is to get the most for your money but dont settle just to save a few bucks.

Thread Information