luvs2jam60

Help with surround setup!!

I'm gonna be moving into a dorm room shortly, and i just recently purchased some surrounds for my HT. But because of the lack of room, they are going to be placed on satellite stands directly to the right and left of a futon, which is across from my TV, fronts and center. Should I aim the surrounds towards the listening point, ie the futon, or should i aim them at the TV and fronts. The TV and the fronts will be about 7 ft away. The proper setup and acoustic calibration won't be a problem because I have a receiver with a setup mic. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2jam60
    I'm gonna be moving into a dorm room shortly, and i just recently purchased some surrounds for my HT. But because of the lack of room, they are going to be placed on satellite stands directly to the right and left of a futon, which is across from my TV, fronts and center. Should I aim the surrounds towards the listening point, ie the futon, or should i aim them at the TV and fronts. The TV and the fronts will be about 7 ft away. The proper setup and acoustic calibration won't be a problem because I have a receiver with a setup mic. Thanks!
    I don't have the actual degree # in front of me, but do this. First place them directly facing the listening position, so that they are facing each other. Then angle them about 15 degrees toward the TV.Ideally, the speakers should be slightly behind the listening position, but that is not always possible. From there you can fool with the angling to get the best dispersion for the room and your preferences.

Good luck at Urbana. I was wait-listed there for grad school some years ago. I'm kinda glad I didn't get in though—small towns and me don't mix.

Thread Information