Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    ]

AND YOUR personality (or lack thereof) is what makes you so much fun to talk to
    Wow, you can tell my personality over the internet? Riiiiiight, and Treasure Island in the middle of San Francisco bay can be had for $1.42

This from a person who keeps harping about my lack of concern for "quality".
    HOW plastic is used is key. Pioneer goes way overboard, Sony is not much better.
    And your Integra is better? Nope, no different than Pioneer or Sony. You still don't know a damn thing about quality, and how your equipment is set up proves that.(it looks like that little fella you use at the end of your posts.....in other words GHETTO)

It was pulled off the market because it failed, do you understand that Pioneer is not
    a charity, and they like to make a profit?
    This disputes this silly notion from a total fool.

http://www.t3.com/news/pioneer-kuro-...-in-may?=38466

pay attention to this line if you have the capacity to do so

So why is Pioneer pulling out of plasma biz if its KURO sets are so wonderful? It’s simply a money issue. It just cost too darned much to make these stunning tellies and the profit margins to be made on rival, yet inferior, LCD technology is considerably more appealing. We always knew there would be victims to the credit crunch and with Hitachi and Panasonic scaling down their plasma business, LG threatening to back out and Pioneer abandoning it entirely, it looks like plasma’s number could soon be up.

and this

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2009/03/2...lasmas-in-may/

It was not that it didn't sell, they did. It was the profit margins were getting to slim because of falling panel prices. The sold them alright, but they were not making enough profit to justify continued R&D on the panel. When it first came out, profit margins were very high, and they didn't have to sell that many to make money on them. As the profit margins drop, then you have to begin selling a lot more of them to justify the cost of making them. This is premium panel, not a mass market one.

THIS FROM THE GREAT defender of plastic receivers
    Would it kill Pioneer to use some aluminum every so often outside of their "Elite" line?.
    Like below.
    Who said I was defending ANYTHING?

Your integra does not have any more aluminum in it than than a Sony receiver from their ES line. It certainly does not have any more aluminum in it than the top of the line Pioneer receiver.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Wow, you can tell my personality over the internet? Riiiiiight, and Treasure Island in the middle of San Francisco bay can be had for $1.42
    JUST when I smell the wind blowing from the west.

And your Integra is better? Nope, no different than Pioneer or Sony. You still don't know a damn thing about quality, and how your equipment is set up proves that.(it looks like that little fella you use at the end of your posts.....in other words GHETTO)
    SAY that when PIONEER or SONY offers a three year warranty, gold plate plugs, 12v triggers, aluminum faceplates, etc.
    AND hanging out with crackhos doesn't mean you know anything about ghetto.
    You probably crap wonderbread

So why is Pioneer pulling out of plasma biz if its KURO sets are so wonderful? It’s simply a money issue. It just cost too darned much to make these stunning tellies and the profit margins to be made on rival, yet inferior, LCD technology is considerably more appealing. We always knew there would be victims to the credit crunch and with Hitachi and Panasonic scaling down their plasma business, LG threatening to back out and Pioneer abandoning it entirely, it looks like plasma’s number could soon be up.
    YEP, plasmas number is up, what I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR YEARS

It was not that it didn't sell, they did. It was the profit margins were getting to slim because of falling panel prices. The sold them alright, but they were not making enough profit to justify continued R&D on the panel. When it first came out, profit margins were very high, and they didn't have to sell that many to make money on them. As the profit margins drop, then you have to begin selling a lot more of them to justify the cost of making them. This is premium panel, not a mass market one.

why should it be? Nobodies buying one.

Your integra does not have any more aluminum in it than than a Sony receiver from their ES line. It certainly does not have any more aluminum in it than the top of the line Pioneer receiver.[/QUOTE]

PROBABLY not as much as that shopping cart you use on "can" days.
    I do like the ELITE line Pioneer puts out, but put a Sony anything next to an Integra
    and see which one people choose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HDMI worse than component video-dtr74my-receiverfront.jpg  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Cool

BESIDES which, I have posted pics of my gear, wheres yours?
    I GUESS taking pictures of vaporware would be rather difficult
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

BTW the pic above is a pic of my older receiver, a DTR 7.4.
    HERES a link to the newer one, if anybodies interested.

http://www.integrahometheater.com/mo...s=Receiver&p=s
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

NOT much cosmetic diff from my older one, basically
    Attached Images Attached Images