View Poll Results: Which do you use more often?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dolby Pro Logic II

10 76.92%
  • DTS Neo 6

3 23.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eisforelectronic
    I prefer PLII to DTS neo, but I would much rather have Logic 7. Too bad it's only available on Harmon products.
    I think logic 7 started on Lexicon products and worked its way down when Harmon bought Lexicon. I have never heard this codec myself but I wish I could to form an opinion on this.
    I believe that Jim Fosgate had some kind of gizmo similar to Logic 7. I believe years back I heard this and I was not impressed with it in the store that I heard it. I know Sir Terrence likes Fosgate but I was not turned on by his products but to be fair I was not the one that hooked up that system in the store either. I think that at the time these two products were made I was first entering the relm of sourround sound. Regardless of these codecs, they are not nagically pulling surround out of a magic hat. If you hear surround effects using them it is because there are out of phase cues immersed in the stereo sound field. These out of phase cues say in the case of music got recorded that way or the sound mixer placed certain instruments in space with whatever devices they use to do this in some sort of out of phase concoction. This surround out of stereo can be heard naturally if you have used a comcorder that records in stereo and whose microphone has the ability to pick up sounds off the ends of their picups. I have plenty of matrix surround sound recorded on my videos because the particlaly mic I used some 20 plus years ago had that capability on what is called a polar field.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    A long time ago when I worked at Circuit City, I fooled many people with the standard Eagles CD playing in Logic 7 Vs The DTS Eagles CD. Sometimes I would turn off the tv and play the DVD vs the regular CD in Logic 7. You had to really pay close attention to the rears to tell the difference, well that was the most obvious. Basically anyone passing through assumed I was playing the surround version.
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information